Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/22/07 21:11

geyser
Website

Just our little joke

Guido's Black Ops Konoko is constantly improving... just wanted to share my Joy(TM) smile

whippow.jpg

The thing that Konoko grabs by the hair is supposed to be a whole guy, not just a head.
She's kinda holding him in submission, since her whip is wrapped around the guy's neck.
And she can basically strangle him at any moment, just by extending her right arm... smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#2 11/23/07 15:11

geyser
Website

Re: Just our little joke

Or, more simply, it's just Black Ops Konoko with a whip. Because it's cool.
Kicking Soulblighter's ass under Wideload's logo. Because it's very stupid.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 11/24/07 01:11

LastmanSAC

don't go there, please, don't go there.

#4 11/25/07 16:11

geyser
Website

Oh, for the happy few who can understand Russian, here's a much better take on the origin of the Chrysalis... wink
I like it very much, and BTW most of the fanfic there is equally great: http://onimia.ru/doc/fans_creativ_lit.php?4
Unfortunately, some pieces of Russian fan fic include barely translatable cultural references... but some don't smile

#5 11/28/07 02:11

LastmanSAC

the genesis does not matter, the now does not matter, the end does not matter.
Only the looking glass through which you see it matters.

"yabbas blublu" - the Great Escape

#6 11/28/07 08:11

geyser
Website

Se7en years of bad luck...

#7 12/02/07 04:12

LastmanSAC

only if you break it to get to the other side.

Last edited by LastmanSAC (12/03/07 05:12)

#8 12/02/07 06:12

s10k
Website

nice draw.

#9 12/02/07 06:12

geyser
Website

LastmanSAC: yes, but shhhh... smile
Don't spoil the answer for others.
Seriously, please edit it out ASAP.

"Here's a mirror, behind there is a screen, on both ways you can get in."

Last edited by geyser (12/02/07 06:12)

#10 12/03/07 05:12

LastmanSAC

the deed is done.
Can't believe i actually got that smile

yeah...i don't recognise the quote, but a two way entrance mirror would leave you with two ways to get out, and with two realities to choose from...which one would you choose?

#11 01/15/08 13:01

Negativ

geyser wrote:

Oh, for the happy few who can understand Russian, here's a much better take on the origin of the Chrysalis... wink
I like it very much, and BTW most of the fanfic there is equally great: http://onimia.ru/doc/fans_creativ_lit.php?4
Unfortunately, some pieces of Russian fan fic include barely translatable cultural references... but some don't smile

For you, guys - the translation of story. Sorry - I'm not a translator, just a language-knowing man,,,

In the decaying Future world , three countrie survived - America(the richest), Japan(the most technologically advanced one) and Russia(The toughest people live here). After his wife's death, Japanese Dr. Hasegawa started working over the top-secret project, targeted to help people survive in poisoned atmosphere. The Project was named "Daodan", and it was the super-developed human clone, which had to be placed inside the human body (ooops! - Translator).

As every other project - "Daodan" needed money. Asking government for them was too stupid, greedy Americans answered "we do not need this, our antibiotics are good enough". It was time to ask Russia - but "Daodan" for russians was like warm boots for footless man. After twenty years, they awfully adapted(correct?). Russians offered alternative - 159% Alcohol  samogon with mushrooms from Chernobyl. He refused to drink this, but took one bottle for use somewhere in project.

Finally, he found money - asking the old-known Syndicate. Syndicate bosses were not so greedy, and provided funding(taken by force in confrontations with TCTF) for Hasegava's Project. He worked in cooperation with his wife's brother, Kerr. Hasegawa  used his children(Maya and Muro) as a laboratory rats. After creating Daodans, he dripped a little of 159% samogon into Muro's Daodan....

If he would know, that Daodans needed to be implante.... he would have drunk all the bottle of russian present with "fuckallthis!!!"

#12 01/15/08 14:01

paradox-01

Wait a second. The Russian name for Mai is Maya?

#13 01/16/08 14:01

Negativ

paradox-01 wrote:

Wait a second. The Russian name for Mai is Maya?

It sound very alike, and I think it is.
Like Paul=Pavel, Maria=Masha ... etc.

In fact, there is no russian name for Mai. Like for Higurashi and other Japanese names wink

#14 01/16/08 15:01

paradox-01

Thanks for answering. I got a bit paranoid when hearing Maya because then I was thinking about a connection, a codename, for Guido's doing.
http://dreammaze.deviantart.com/art/The … m-71211137 (search for "Maya")
But I'm wrong. His other story have nothing to do with Oni. Clarified by:
http://dreammaze.deviantart.com/art/Eve … e-70033559

#15 01/19/08 13:01

geyser
Website

@ Negativ: the Russian for Mary is Maria, not Masha smile
I'll try and fix your translation for the rest of us, soon.

#16 02/09/08 15:02

Negativ

geyser, Masha and Maria are the same name in Russian wink 

P.S. Yes, I'm from Russia. And Russian is my native language.

#17 02/10/08 20:02

geyser
Website

@ Negativ: I'm Russian too. I was just reacting to "Paul=Pavel, Maria=Masha". You made it look like Maria wasn't Russian (like Paul) whereas Masha was.

Board footer