Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#226 06/02/11 21:06

Lithium

Re: Oni 2

Also there's a ton of problems from picking up where Oni left off.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#227 06/03/11 06:06

Yoriko

I'd say Oni was meant to be one game considering all Mai's friends and foes are dead, some of the syndicate may still be alive though but all the main characters died hmm (Griffin doesnt need to die in the final level if you dont kill him yourself but he considering he CAN die means he's probably supposed to)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#228 06/13/11 14:06

SektorZ
Website

Let's trash Take 2 for ruining our game which could have potentially turned in to a series of new games with the new heavy and useless shaders and stuff and trivial gameplays...
You know what, I really like it as it is.

Bungie also barely seems to care for that game, which turned out to be a ripoff of some manga which I've never seen, with barely any storyline that made sense which got cut in the final release anyways.

I'm probably this negative towards my favorite game because I'm turbo disappointed in everyone.

Last edited by SektorZ (06/13/11 14:06)

#229 06/13/11 16:06

Iritscen

Oni was initially going to be sort of "Ghost in the Shell: The Video Game" (and if you know what manga are, then shame on you for not knowing GitS wink), but the story was rewritten by Hardy LeBel when he came onboard in 1999, so it's a lot more original than it was going to be.  I wouldn't say that Bungie doesn't care for the game — the level of apparent care is the same as for Myth, another property that they don't own anymore and therefore can't work with.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#230 06/14/11 02:06

SektorZ
Website

I know it's Ghost in the Shell, I even got it once, just because I wanted to see what's similar to Oni - apparently alot. About the caring - are Take 2 really that impossible to convince into some sort of a deal that doesn't end Oni like that?

Only one half-game with many promising features that could have been expanded.

Last edited by SektorZ (06/14/11 02:06)

#231 04/02/12 05:04

berry

So will take two ever do something with Oni?

Hmm...

#232 04/02/12 05:04

kyletm57

@berry

Its pretty unlikely they would, a new game wouldn't appeal to today's audience, plus there isn't many people who know or careabout the first game. If anything they would probably make a reboot.

banner2440.jpg

#233 04/02/12 13:04

Delano762
Website

kyletm57 wrote:

@berry

Its pretty unlikely they would, a new game wouldn't appeal to today's audience, plus there isn't many people who know or careabout the first game. If anything they would probably make a reboot.

Or maybe a HD release could get some new fans, perhaps enough to get a sequel. Or something.

Last edited by Delano762 (04/02/12 13:04)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#234 04/02/12 15:04

Loser

T2 made Angel studios work on a sequel, but it was dropped quite early. See this forum page for some details:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=242

Personally, I would not be pleased if Oni 2 was announced in this era of digital entertainment. I fear it would contain quite a number of nowadays gaming features, which would ultimately degrade the game.

The last thing I would like to see is feminist-like Mai in a revealing dress (rest assured, no nipples shown) running around with health regen, crouchning behind thin waist level obstacles which magically withstand plasma rifle impacts and killing dozens of incapable almost-sitting-duck-like strikers while babbling about importance of gender equality. Oh, and it is without a word that enemies would reveal their backs often as a form of "taunt", because according to focus testers the game would be too hard if the player had to manipulate the enemy in order to create an opening and go for a rear throw. Bosses would be "extra challenging, requiring the player to use everthying they have", alas they would be on par with standard vanilla Oni blue ninjas, maybe spiced with some biased prescripted technique in attempt to create a feeling of hard conflict.

But THAT is what I seriously think T2 would do with the game in case they somebody got the idea to work with this IP.

P.S.: Yes, the post is overflowing with bitterness, but dear readers, imagine Oni being the game Mafia:The City of Lost Heaven. Now take a good look at the game Mafia II. That is what would happen to Oni 2. Bigger, better, shinier...and also shallower, easier, sold in pieces and filled with politically correct clichés and lots of features that make the game literally play itself for the player's entertainment.

Last edited by Loser (04/02/12 15:04)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#235 04/03/12 05:04

gmsly

Already have a very good case is the "Renegade X: Black Dawn",  Amateur made it. Command and Conquer:Renegade release release on February 26, 2002 ,More than 10 years old like Oni

#236 04/03/12 14:04

Delano762
Website

Loser wrote:

T2 made Angel studios work on a sequel, but it was dropped quite early. See this forum page for some details:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=242

Personally, I would not be pleased if Oni 2 was announced in this era of digital entertainment. I fear it would contain quite a number of nowadays gaming features, which would ultimately degrade the game.

The last thing I would like to see is feminist-like Mai in a revealing dress (rest assured, no nipples shown) running around with health regen, crouchning behind thin waist level obstacles which magically withstand plasma rifle impacts and killing dozens of incapable almost-sitting-duck-like strikers while babbling about importance of gender equality. Oh, and it is without a word that enemies would reveal their backs often as a form of "taunt", because according to focus testers the game would be too hard if the player had to manipulate the enemy in order to create an opening and go for a rear throw. Bosses would be "extra challenging, requiring the player to use everthying they have", alas they would be on par with standard vanilla Oni blue ninjas, maybe spiced with some biased prescripted technique in attempt to create a feeling of hard conflict.

But THAT is what I seriously think T2 would do with the game in case they somebody got the idea to work with this IP.

P.S.: Yes, the post is overflowing with bitterness, but dear readers, imagine Oni being the game Mafia:The City of Lost Heaven. Now take a good look at the game Mafia II. That is what would happen to Oni 2. Bigger, better, shinier...and also shallower, easier, sold in pieces and filled with politically correct clichés and lots of features that make the game literally play itself for the player's entertainment.

Damn. You're right.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#237 04/03/12 16:04

kyletm57

I also agree,  for a new Oni to be good, either Bungie or the fans would have to make it (or both).

banner2440.jpg

#238 04/03/12 17:04

Mukade

I agree with everything Loser said, and have thought as much myself, though maybe I hadn't put it into words. Oni was special, and they would simply ruin it. If it were made by people who recognized the reason it's loved by this community, and preserved that, while adding on to it, such as adding better physics, more acrobatic mechanics such as wall walking and ledge grabbing, more combos, etc... while also adding better graphics and such, THAT would be great! Loser's Oni 2 "nightmare" is only one side of the coin. However, knowing how games work nowadays, it's not an unlikely outcome.

Anyways, if Oni were to become... dare I say it.... mainstream, this forum would probably start to overflow and lose it's specialness. It's nice to know all the people, and be able to read all the posts. I would hate to lose that.

Certainly, make it better, and to a degree, more popular though. Keep working at it! big_smile

Last edited by Mukade (04/03/12 17:04)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#239 04/04/12 02:04

berry

if only bungie would buy Oni back sad

Hmm...

#240 04/04/12 02:04

berry

i agree with you mukade, this forum is very special

Hmm...

#241 11/22/17 09:11

Erik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzQTOS7hTM

Anyone seen this? Are the creators of this game active on this forum?

#242 11/22/17 10:11

TOCS

That's really, really cool actually. Haven't heard about the creators. A member here was working on a Unity port of the game for some time though.

#243 11/22/17 14:11

EdT
Website

That's looks great!  I was playing around with the unreal engine and was having a terrible time.

#244 11/22/17 19:11

Erik

I contacted them, and they seem really enthousiastic. We should invite them to the forum!

#245 11/22/17 21:11

EdT
Website

@Eric, Please let them know about the forum and Anniversary Edition!

#246 11/23/17 11:11

Proletarian Tears

Wow, some serious work have been done.

#247 11/23/17 13:11

Erik

I've sent them a message.

They told me this:
"Hi, thank you for your support, I will write an article on your forum in a while with a surprise ... be patient and thank you very much"

Like their facebookpage!  https://www.facebook.com/terribilisstudio/

#248 01/04/18 19:01

Terribilis_Studio

Hello,
The surprise has arrived: gumroad.com/l/BhVUS
Make a bug report during your experience to improve the game: terribilisstudio.joomla.com/oni-bug-report
Thank you for your nice messages
Regards Terribilis Studio

Last edited by Terribilis_Studio (01/05/18 06:01)

FluxBB bbcode test

#249 01/06/18 21:01

Erik

Great work so far!!
I'll give you guys feedback asap:)

Board footer