Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/14/11 15:05

paradox-01

Extended TRBS (more body parts) ?

There was made a quick test weather new parts are possible at all. Yes it is but so far with many problems and limitations of course. Hopefully we can change that in futur. Here's the material.
If you have any ideas on this write them here or on the wiki. smile

PS: the idea comes form geyser's hex hound vision. With such a model we would run short on body parts if we don't reduce a few.

Last edited by paradox-01 (05/14/11 15:05)

#2 05/14/11 17:05

Iritscen

Re: Extended TRBS (more body parts) ?

Looks like you guys are still pushing the limits of the engine in new ways smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 05/14/11 19:05

Samer
Website

we can merge parts and make them look like different parts without the need to add new ones.

Example u want a character with 2 heads let's say head1 + head2, merge the 2 heads as 1 object = head
the head has the 2 polymeshes merged together but are 1 object. same can be done for legs, a character with 4 legs : merge the 2 right front and back legs together and the 2 front and back left together, even if they are apart they will still look like separate legs but would be 1 object...

just a thought.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 05/14/11 20:05

EdT
Website

I thought about that approach, but you still have only one pivot point for each body part.  So the 2 right thighs would have a common pivot point and that could be placed near the pelvis.  But now what about the calf and foot?  The calf would completely disconnect from the thigh using a common single pivot point.

Of course, someone smarter than me could make it work!  lol

#5 05/15/11 13:05

paradox-01

Indeed. merging "unneeded" body parts seem to be a good way to escape our part limit problem.

With the following links you can see/test a very simple model. Feet and hands were used to create 2 extra thighs and calfs:
I think a 4-legged (19-bone) character would be really playable if we create enough new TRAM files. vid + files.

An open question is how we force the head to be the 11th part when we use the auto-TRIA-creation of onisplit v0.9.52.0. I dont't know whether head view animation are hardcoded or stored inside the TRAC/TRSC.

If you test the given files you can notice that the mouse axis are wrong. This might come from the mistake in the dae file. Haven't checked yet.

#6 05/15/11 17:05

EdT
Website

The hound is alive!  Great concept work.

I wish I had the time to work on the walking TRAMs.

Board footer