Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/06/11 22:05

Yoriko

New problems.......

Right, so this time I would like to ask how I get these new bonus maps to work, the arena level and the maze level for instance, I put them both in the edition/install/packages folder but when I open up Oni they are nowhere to be found.

Another thing: how do you spawn npcs? How do you unlock all the doors in the level?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#2 05/06/11 22:05

Lithium

Re: New problems.......

Press the squigly atop of the tab key and type door_ignore_locks = 1

For the arena level go to the Airport Cargo hangars and enter the "winlevel" cheat and it should bring you to the Arena level

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 05/07/11 02:05

TOCS

I don't believe the level files is a package neither. They should be stored in: Oni\Edition\GameDataFolder\
Now do what oxe161 just told ya, and it should reveal the map again.

NOTICE: Every time you rebuild the edition files with the installer, you've to repeat the process.

#4 05/07/11 06:05

Samer
Website

TOCS that's why I made them a package so u don't have to rebuild them ! did u try it as a package ? or u just can't believe it without trying ? tongue
i don't understand why people are still sticking to plug ins and manual script replacement when the whole point of the newest AE release is to use easy packages.
u might have downloaded the wrong thing.

I repeat don't use the dat and raw files they're a pain to deal with and incompatible with some mods.

this is the arena level easy package :

http://mods.oni2.net/node/175

this is leus's ozg arena level highly recommended big_smile

http://mods.oni2.net/node/178

don't install 1 & 2 at same time.

when u install the packages, they should appear in the list of levels, if not then u have to enter airport cargo hangers press F1 and type winlevel like oxe said smile

Level Maze also as a package :

http://mods.oni2.net/node/123

if u don't see it load airport assault level and do same as before.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#5 05/07/11 07:05

TOCS

To be honest, I didn't really know the custom levels were made packages. tongue Well, that just made everything a ton easy.

#6 05/08/11 10:05

Yoriko

Well, I played through the maze level and found the cheese big_smile
Took me a long time though and I must have faced every single enemy in the maze at least once.

I cant access the other custom made levels from the loading screen though, is there any other way I can load those? Perhaps with the same procedure as the airport assault but with a different level.

Btw, my question about spawning npcs wasnt answered.

Last edited by Yoriko (05/08/11 10:05)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#7 05/08/11 12:05

Samer
Website

Yoriko wrote:

I cant access the other custom made levels from the loading screen though, is there any other way I can load those? Perhaps with the same procedure as the airport assault but with a different level.

Samer wrote:

this is the arena level easy package :
when u install the packages, they should appear in the list of levels, if not then u have to enter airport cargo hangers press F1 and type winlevel like oxe said smile

:\

i don't know how to answer ur other question .

#8 05/08/11 14:05

Iritscen

What do you want the NPCs to do, Yoriko?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 05/08/11 15:05

Yoriko

Fight me, patrol in an area or become my friend and attack my enemies. perhaps changing enemies and allies in a level.

#10 05/08/11 16:05

Iritscen

I would suggest looking at existing scripts to see how they spawn AIs and set their teams, like Leus' OZG or Good vs. Evil, and then letting us know if you have specific questions at that point.

#11 05/11/11 17:05

Yoriko

I've got a little question: Is the edition supposed to start in full screen mode with the start bar visible? It starts in windowed mode when I play vanilla Oni, it's a tad bit annoying to see the ugly start bar when playing but if that's how it's supposed to be I guess I can get used to it. hmm

Side quizz: Can you see what my avatar looks like and from what point in the game I took the screenshot? tongue

Another thing: I happened to be close to Mukade when he was releasing his ball from his hands and I heard him say something, does anyone know what he says when he activates his red ball?

Last edited by Yoriko (05/12/11 07:05)

#12 05/12/11 10:05

Delano762
Website

Yoriko wrote:

I've got a little question: Is the edition supposed to start in full screen mode with the start bar visible? It starts in windowed mode when I play vanilla Oni, it's a tad bit annoying to see the ugly start bar when playing but if that's how it's supposed to be I guess I can get used to it. hmm

Do you have Flatline installed? I've had a problem like that.

Yoriko wrote:

Side quizz: Can you see what my avatar looks like and from what point in the game I took the screenshot? tongue

It's hard to call this a quiz, when the anwsers are so bloody obvious: Mukade, lvl 13.

Yoriko wrote:

Another thing: I happened to be close to Mukade when he was releasing his ball from his hands and I heard him say something, does anyone know what he says when he activates his red ball?

"Devil star!" According to wikia, I think.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#13 05/12/11 17:05

Yoriko

Thanks for the help Delano, I used the normal bink and it starts in windowed mode, now I have a new problem: For some reason I cannot load agent1-6 nor can I load james or jamie. Also, is shinatama bot and Kojiro supposed to be playable characters? Cause I cant switch to them either, nor can I switch to bgi ninja or bgi fury, however I can switch to bgi tanker and bgi striker.

#14 05/13/11 07:05

Samer
Website

yes all mentioned characters are supposed to be playable.
u have a problem with all the characters i made obviously. Can u load casey ( guy with orange hair) ??

most probably u mis-installed the character variant fix. please re-read the read me file and the instructions i mentioned (many times) i can't stress enough on the importance of putting the character variant fix and following the exact instructions for these characters to work.

if u have other questions about this issue please ask here :
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1413&p=1

the bgi striker and tanker already come with the AE so they are not affected.

#15 05/14/11 07:05

Yoriko

I believe there was a way to make enemy ai follow you when you jump on to things, why wasnt that implemented in the latest AE?

#16 05/14/11 07:05

Iritscen

You might be referring to the experimental parkouring hack that Loser made, but it wasn't practical to implement.

#17 05/14/11 07:05

Yoriko

Does anyone know what may cause parts of some characters to turn shiny white? I currently have that problem with most of the tctf members, shinatamas head and parts of Konokos armour.

#18 05/14/11 07:05

Yoriko

@Iritscen What was the problem with it?

@I followed the instructions and placed all the files in the Oni\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Globalization folder and it still wont let me shapeshift to the characters I mentioned -.-

Last edited by Yoriko (05/14/11 07:05)

#19 05/14/11 07:05

Iritscen

In order to allow Mukade to parkour and use basic attacks against Konoko, Loser had to remove most of the AI's attacks.  It has to do with the fact that the AI can only jump across obstacles while using attacks.

#20 05/14/11 07:05

Yoriko

So he equipped Mukade only with the jump attack forcing the ai to use itself of that attack only correct?

There's another thing I wonder: How do you install plug ins such as this?: http://mods.oni2.net/node/14

Last edited by Yoriko (05/14/11 08:05)

#21 05/14/11 08:05

Iritscen

Yes, I think you got the idea — Mukade was using attacks in that movie, even when it appeared that he was just jumping.  So basically his combat abilities had to be limited in order to make the parkouring look right.

Plugins are just .dat/.raw files that you drop into the GameDataFolder, but in most cases they're replaced by packages these days.  I'm a little unclear on whether those particular characters are found in a package, though.  I see one at http://mods.oni2.net/node/107, but it seems that it's a different set of characters.

#22 05/14/11 09:05

Samer
Website

1- All characters i made are packages not plugins Iritscen including the BGI agents u referred to which is completely different than the plug-in Yoriko refered to.
besides Yoriko that plug-in is the same exact thing as the new characters package u already have. u don't need it. plug-ins and dat files mess things up. they were done before the new AE was available. :\
stick with packages.

BGI agents, James and Jamie, ShinatamaBot, Kojiro, Casey, GreyFury, Jubei and Akane, are all packages and all require the character variant fix.

2- again i ask u yoriko does casey work for u ? a reply would be appreciated so i can help u. and again please if u still have problems with the characters discuss it on the thread i referred to so i can get notified and help u. http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1413&p=1

most of the times when users had problems with my characters were because of mis-installation of the character variant fix and nothing to do with the packages themselves.)
so if u read this thread http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1413&p=1
i'm sure it will work out.

after u apply the character variant fix ( all the files, in the exact folder mentioned, replacing all old files, u have to reinstall the characters with the AE installer, unselect them, press install. select them and reinstall.)

another reason for why the characters won't be working and would actually explain why u are getting white textures on severed's face textures and on my hd tctf textures is because u installed the wrong AE.
the new AE already comes with a dll that fixes the white texture problems so u shouldn't be having that problem in the first place, it occurred in the older AE because the dll needed hacking to support higher pic formats with alpha channels ( shiny effect) in the new AE it's already hacked.

Aimee wrote:

Thanks everyone and Samer for the instructions  smile
I found out the main problem was that somehow I didn't download the right AE so I deleted it and installed it again and it worked!

Leus wrote:

Okay, so when I moved the variant fix files originally I DIDN'T replace the ones that were already there...  Now that I did that it works smile

make sure that u aren't doing any of these.

the only solution i can give u is to repeat the steps u did before, but before u do that try it with the new characters by AE unchecked. (unistall the AE characters (New Characters) package and keep the characters i made)
i will try and release the character variant fix as a package but it needs testing and time which i don't currently have.

and one final stupid question tongue did u download the packages of the characters u mentioned ? cz they don't come with the (New Characters) package they have separate packages.

also if u are using plug-ins or dat\raw files ... i don't guarantee any of the characters will work.

Last edited by Samer (05/14/11 10:05)

#23 05/15/11 07:05

Yoriko

Right, well I uninstalled the new characters and instead I installed the following characters: Cosplay Lara, Daodanized Mukade, TCTF heavy marine, Elite tanker, black ops, guard dogs, Kojiro, Sentry droid, Metal ninja, Stone tanker, yin yang fury and shinatama too. In game I cannot load Casey nor Kojiro.
When I have the following installed it brings up the familiar Blam! Oni crashed message when I try to load a level: White chief, Black chief, shinatama bot, Jubei and Akane, Grey fury, James and Jamie H and bgi agents.

#24 05/15/11 15:05

Samer
Website

again, u need to retrace ur steps with the character variant fix, the other characters u mentioned which are working are not by me and don't require the character variant fix and thus aren't affected. the blam oni is the major sign that u didn't apply the character variant fix correctly.

so please just humor me :
go to the folder ...\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Globalization\
delete ALL the files u see there.

download this again : http://mods.oni2.net/node/112
open the zip extract all 19 files in the C.V.F  ver.3a folder to the  ...\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Globalization\  .. i repeat all of the 19 files

open the ae installer, uncheck all these characters : White chief, Black chief, shinatama bot, Jubei and Akane, Grey fury, James and Jamie H and bgi agents. and click install
load game. exit game

download casey from here : http://mods.oni2.net/node/101
and kojiro from here : http://mods.oni2.net/node/103
(u still haven't confirmed that u actually installed nor downloaded casey or kojiro)
put the folder packages from the zip inside the install\packages folder.

open ae installer, put a checkmark near  casey, shinatamabot, kojiro, james and jamie, jubei and akane, greyfury, whitechief, blackchief  in the ae installer.  click install. make sure that no error was given during installation.

open game load level press F1 and then x, don't type shapeshift at same time, close the dairy and cycle thru characters .
does this work ?

if it doesn't unselect all packages u have except the characters i mentioned and click install again then reopen game and re-test, maybe there's a conflicting mod.

Last edited by Samer (05/15/11 15:05)

#25 05/15/11 17:05

Yoriko

The characters works to shapeshift too however I get the "Blam! Oni crashed" message when I try executing some moves from them. For instance: the third kick and third punch in shinatamabots kick and punch combo, this may be lack of particle trails though.

PS: Unless it's absolutely impossible to resist I'd like to get my instructions without taunts please.

Last edited by Yoriko (05/15/11 18:05)

Board footer