Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/01/11 22:05

Lithium

Osama

Well he croaked. What's your opinions on this?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 05/01/11 23:05

TheCreature

Re: Osama

Im not racist or anti Islam or anything, but having watched 9/11 live and a decade of wars, I can say good riddance to the bastard.  I know it's not huge, but hopefully it marks the beginning of the end.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#3 05/02/11 00:05

TOCS

I never thought he would die in such an ironic way, to be honest.

Last edited by TOCS (05/02/11 07:05)

#4 05/02/11 03:05

Delano762
Website

Hope they'll make a necklace from his teeth, BUSHman's rules.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#5 05/02/11 08:05

Leus
Website

Passing judgment on who gets to live or die got us into this mess in the first place.  We're as bad as we say "they" are.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#6 05/02/11 08:05

Yoriko

If you fight fire with fire you'll get an even greater fire, doesnt really help anyone. hmm

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#7 05/02/11 09:05

Samer
Website

even-though i'm from the arab world ... i didn't know that he died until now ... was busy watching the royal wedding tongue tongue

i'm definitely anti-terrorist and anti-fanatic, anti-extremist, so i feel like saying good riddance eventhough it would sound too harsh.

I feel like I should also clarify that not all arabs or muslims support him, the bigger portion of us condemn him.

but I'm against killing and violence in general and i don't think killing him is going to solve anything.

there's a proverb i like : don't become what u once fought against.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#8 05/02/11 10:05

Leus
Website

I like that proverb.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#9 05/02/11 10:05

DarkLitria
Website

i find him stupid cause i dont believe in violence and war, even thou im muslim XP

No BLOOD no foul.

#10 05/02/11 11:05

Gumby

I'm just ready for our country to move on to spending billions on more worthwhile projects. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#11 05/02/11 11:05

TOCS

Global warming, nuff said? roll

#12 05/02/11 15:05

Jon God

Samer wrote:

there's a proverb i like : don't become what u once fought against.

Very much agreed. I don't like the guy at all, but this is just going to push others to take his place.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#13 05/02/11 15:05

Yoriko

What they really should have done was to capture him rather than shooting him so that we could study him and find out why he did what he did, if we did know it could help us understand how to fight the next guy. And yes there will most definetly be a next guy.

Last edited by Yoriko (05/02/11 15:05)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#14 05/02/11 16:05

Lithium

I feel disgusted with the Americans partying. We're no better than the parts of the world that celebrated 9/11, also my dad told me a lot of people got in front of where the Twin Towers used to be and started dancing and shouting USA. Fucking disgrace.

#15 05/02/11 19:05

Gumby

Yoriko wrote:

What they really should have done was to capture him rather than shooting him so that we could study him and find out why he did what he did, if we did know it could help us understand how to fight the next guy. And yes there will most definetly be a next guy.

He wasn't going to let himself be taken alive. He was in a fortified compound surrounded by armed guards.

oxe161 wrote:

I feel disgusted with the Americans partying. We're no better than the parts of the world that celebrated 9/11, also my dad told me a lot of people got in front of where the Twin Towers used to be and started dancing and shouting USA. Fucking disgrace.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - Martin Luther King, Jr

(Maturity from oxe? The world really has been turned upside down. tongue)

#16 05/02/11 19:05

Lithium

Meh since serious issues don't touch here I'm usually the spammer guy, but if things do get serious I can act mature.

#17 05/03/11 11:05

Yoriko

The problem with America (not all americans but most) is that they believe themselves to be the greatest nation on earth and that everyone wants their help and it's also their job to be morales judge and the jury, influenced by christianity they believe that things can be simplified as good and evil. If they could get their heads out of their asses (apologies to sensitive viewers) perhaps they could see what they're doing in Irak is just as wrong as what the terrorists are doing.

#18 05/03/11 12:05

Delano762
Website

Yoriko wrote:

The problem with America (not all americans but most) is that they believe themselves to be the greatest nation on earth and that everyone wants their help and it's also their job to be morales judge and the jury, influenced by christianity they believe that things can be simplified as good and evil. If they could get their heads out of their asses (apologies to sensitive viewers) perhaps they could see what they're doing in Irak is just as wrong as what the terrorists are doing.

Well, that's a stereotype, isn't it? Although I think there might be some truth in it. I've heard some opinions of my countrymen on my gaming website about Americans on PSN. Quote: "Americans think that they are the best, and even if they lose, they think it was some weird accident" No offense.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#19 05/03/11 13:05

Gumby

Yoriko wrote:

If we are going by stereotypes, a lot of Europeans are very stuck up and judge others by the country they live in. But we all know stereotypes aren't true. wink

Regardless, many Americans who do feel like the country is doing something wrong don't have (or don't feel like they have) easy avenues to show it. In a larger country, it is much harder to get the necessary critical mass to get something changed.

#20 05/03/11 13:05

Dirk Gently
Website

Gumby wrote:
Yoriko wrote:

If we are going by stereotypes, a lot of Europeans are very stuck up and judge others by the country they live in. But we all know stereotypes aren't true. wink

Hey, that is slander! D:

#21 05/03/11 14:05

Gumby

Actually it's libel...

#22 05/03/11 15:05

Yoriko

Gumby wrote:
Yoriko wrote:

I only judge people for the decisions they make and how they act, I've come to that conclusion by reading facts not other peoples opinions, if what I wrote is stereotypical doesnt neccesarily mean it is completely false.
I should add that what is false and what is true is a matter of opinion and we are all entiteled to have our own.

#23 05/03/11 16:05

Jon God

oxe161 wrote:

Fully agreed.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#24 05/03/11 16:05

Gumby

Yoriko wrote:

I only judge people for the decisions they make and how they act, I've come to that conclusion by reading facts not other peoples opinions, if what I wrote is stereotypical doesnt neccesarily mean it is completely false.

Which facts did you read exactly?

I should add that what is false and what is true is a matter of opinion and we are all entiteled to have our own.

Incorrect. Maybe you are confusing false\true with right\wrong. 2 + 2 does not equal 6, no matter what your opinion on it is.

There are 300 million people in the US. Even if 99 percent of the people in the US act as you say, that is still 3 million people you are incorrectly stereotyping.

In any case, if any more stereotyping of anyone goes on, I'm closing this thread. If you have a problem with it, PM a mod or admin.

#25 05/03/11 17:05

Samer
Website

Yoriko DID say : most and not all. he doesn't seem to be stereotyping to me.
and I should know abt stereotyping tongue most people think that all arabs have like a meter long beard wear a gown and are terrorists :\ where in fact it only reflects a very small percentage of the arab countries and even smaller parts within the country itslef. I think the media in each country always distorts the image of other countries. example in some extremist arab countries Americans are portrayed as selfish and egoist , and on the other hand the american\european media portrays arabs and muslims as fanatics. the media always focuses on the negative in anything.

but small communities like this in which people from different countries interact allow us to see that we all aren't that different form each other.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer