Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#126 05/01/11 16:05

Leus
Website

Re: Oni Zen Garden (VERSION 2)

Let's do it!  smile

How hard is it to make a physical level?  I know great advancements have been made and the maze level is an obvious indication that it can be done, so I think at least one or two levels dedicated to OTA gameplay mechanics or something could really turn out to be awesome.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#127 05/01/11 16:05

Yoriko

Rub what the oni community has been doing with the game in bungie and take2's faces and see if they'll reconsider making a complete version of the game. big_smile

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#128 05/01/11 18:05

Gumby

Samer wrote:

to answer ur question the custom levels fill up slots of old levels that were eliminated from the game before release. there seems to have been a third airport level, and a bgi level. 

P.S just installing the package would automatically place the right scrips and files in the right place. u don't have to do anything manually.

Airport was originally three levels, they just split it up differently for the actual release. Nothing was removed.

As for new levels - you can name your levels whatever you want, just as long as a levelX_Final.dat is in your GameDataFolder, and as long as there is an ONLV for the level. Oh, and you have to make sure the levels are unlocked, which can be tricky if you want your level to be a number higher than 19.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#129 05/01/11 19:05

Samer
Website

i didn't get why u quoted me tongue but ok tongue

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#130 05/01/11 20:05

Samer
Website

Leus in the OZG arena there's a problem with Jubei and Akane. I think u forgot to change their location.
they spawn above the arena and die immediately.

and if it's not too much work could u please set them as bgi and not syndicate :$ ?

Last edited by Samer (05/01/11 20:05)

#131 05/01/11 20:05

Leus
Website

I'll look into it one sec.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#132 05/01/11 22:05

Leus
Website

OZG ARENA:
http://www.mediafire.com/?iysvth2xpozv55i

I changed it a little bit so now everyone spawns at random flags.  I also did the same for...

OZG STATE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?im0rd6lgdcuv3sh

Just a little random thing I whipped up earlier while feeling motivated.  Hope you guys like it.  smile

#133 05/01/11 22:05

Lithium

AAAWWW YEEEAAAH
3 Arenas so if one gets boring I can switch to another one. Thanks Leus smile
(Coming Soon Oni Zen Garden...Oni lol)

Last edited by Lithium (05/01/11 22:05)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#134 05/02/11 04:05

Samer
Website

Leus .. nothing changed for me same problem still ... they get spawned above the arena and die and i just noticed that it is also affecting mukade. is it working for you ?

if u are sure that the flags and positions are correct .. then maybe the problem is that the 3 of them teleport. we'll have to remove the mukade combat id, then. cz they also have same problem in the state arena tongue

I'll see if the combat id is somehow related to predefined positions ... cz it works in rooftops. where muakde originally teleports.

I hope u are still motivated smile and thanks for the state building ozg.

btw could u restore the randomcostume flag for kojiro and shinibot ? .. they are going to have another outfit .

EDIT : i thought i'd save u some time .. i tired it with different locations didn't work .. the problem was with the combat ID. so I removed the muakde combat id and restored the random costume to kojiro and shinibot, and updated the pack on the depot http://mods.oni2.net/node/178

now we know that mukade's combat id \ teleportation somehow has predefined positions for teleportation, that's why it only worked in rooftops.  although we did successfully use mukade's teleportation in the team final battle if u recall Leus :\ .. so this needs more investigation. but for now jubei and akane and mukade don't teleport or throw fireballs in the arena.

Last edited by Samer (05/02/11 05:05)

#135 05/02/11 08:05

Leus
Website

Aww man, that's weird.  I wonder why that happens.  I mean, they can't even teleport in in the first place?  That's strange.

#136 05/02/11 11:05

Delano762
Website

Hmmm, I get errors like: "can't find weapon class 'w_51 GD'". Do you know this one? Is it a mod conflict error?

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#137 05/02/11 11:05

Samer
Website

do u have sentry droid or guard dogs ?
and how does that error affect gameplay ?

#138 05/02/11 13:05

Delano762
Website

Samer wrote:

do u have sentry droid or guard dogs ?
and how does that error affect gameplay ?

Nope. That is only an error, not a crash - Oni pauses while that message shows, I just press enter and go on. But it happens very often so, erm... PISS. But thankfully it happens only in Survival mode, when I have tonnes of characters. Heck, that spawn mode is buggy, I've also noticed other bug in that mode: I've edited the BINACJBOCharacter file of OZG's - I gave female cops and furies MeleeID 30 in order to make OZG fitting with my mod lol. And when there's a lot of characters in survival mode, some of female cops and furies (I'm not sure about furies) use their normal MeleeID instead of 30. Although when I don't have that many characters, then none of these bugs occur.

#139 05/02/11 13:05

Samer
Website

it's calling for the guard dog gun for some reason.
installing guard dogs should eliminate that.
the game itself can't handle toooo many characters at same time .. especially with all the new mods, textures, contrails and such eating up more power, i don't think the problem is the script ... so just, don't have toooo many characters ^_^

+ maybe they just didn't happen to use those moves ... how can u be sure that they used a different melee id.

#140 05/02/11 13:05

Delano762
Website

Samer wrote:

it's calling for the guard dog gun for some reason.
installing guard dogs should eliminate that.
the game itself can't handle toooo many characters at same time .. especially with all the new mods, textures, contrails and such eating up more power, i don't think the problem is the script ... so just, don't have toooo many characters ^_^

+ maybe they just didn't happen to use those moves ... how can u be sure that they used a different melee id.

1.I don't really want that many characters. I was just testing survival mode, which does that.
2.Because they ACT like they have ID 35 instead 30. Me eyes aren't a decoration.

#141 05/02/11 13:05

Samer
Website

2.Because they ACT like they have ID 35 instead 30. Me eyes aren't a decoration.

so even when u have a ton of characters running around u still manage to see that one of them used 3 punches instead of 4 .... waw good eyes definitely not a decoration big_smile
anyway the mod itself without additional modification works fine ... for me.

#142 05/02/11 15:05

Leus
Website

Hey Delano you can type droidsoff if you don't want to install those packs and OZG won't try to spawn them, so you won't get the error messages.  Survival mode is...  Kinda, not what I hoped it would be.  I'm thinking of ways to maybe improve it but I foresee some bugs being unsolvable to my level of knowledge.

#143 05/03/11 11:05

Delano762
Website

Hmmm, I was wrong. Melee ID problem occurs randomly.

#144 05/03/11 18:05

Lithium

Leus about the State Zen Garden, I was wondering if it's possible to place it on the roof of the main building (you know the the one with the big rectangle in the middle)
It feels kinda crowded fighting in the red room

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#145 05/04/11 07:05

Delano762
Website

Yeah, that red room kinda sucks.

#146 05/04/11 10:05

Samer
Website

i got to agree with oxe u kinda surprised me with ur choice for the regional building ... i was expecting either the main lobby which would work nicely with enemies spawning on the stairs, or the roof, but the big hole would be annoying, or outside where the snipers are (street fighting).

#147 05/04/11 13:05

Leus
Website

Eh none of the other locations in State seem that interesting.  The main lobby might be cool but you can't throw anyone off edges so it's kind of just like fighting on a normal ground, with some stairs...  I dunno.  Any other suggestions?  For other levels maybe?

#148 05/04/11 13:05

Delano762
Website

Leus wrote:

Eh none of the other locations in State seem that interesting.  The main lobby might be cool but you can't throw anyone off edges so it's kind of just like fighting on a normal ground, with some stairs...  I dunno.  Any other suggestions?  For other levels maybe?

Hmmm, I'll say whatever comes to my mind:
TCTF Science Prison, disposal vats. Cheap kills, eh?
Warehouse!
TCTF Regional ftw, though you'll have to do something to change spawn points (parking lot, mid levels/Damocles and roof, like in OTA)
Syndicate Compound, Parking lot and airfield.

#149 05/04/11 14:05

Samer
Website

Leus wrote:

The main lobby might be cool but you can't throw anyone off edges

yeah that's why i liked arena ozg more than rooftops ... i don't like the cheap death thing, the whole objective is to have a melee battle, to just kill the enemy quickly pressing F6 would do, it also is harder for me when making videos :\ for example when i was making a demo of casey in rooftops ozg .. i repeated several times cz at times either my character or the enemy i'm fighting gets thrown off without giving me the opportunity to show case the moves, that's why i prefer open wide areas with no edges.

some areas i'd like are : the airport cargo hangers ... the area where the plane is ... down there. right next to the airplane tongue

the roof of the tctf head quarters where u fight barabas is a good compromise u can fight inside or lure them to the outside

#150 05/04/11 15:05

Yoriko

Is it possible to create turrets and laser beams anywhere? Or is it part of the map?

Last edited by Yoriko (05/04/11 15:05)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

Board footer