Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/10/07 05:11

Tyr
Website

[Script] Syndicate Compound, SP4 edited!

Hey all big_smile
After my video of doing the last battle without damage (but with overpower and weapons roll:mad:),
I decided to change the final battle a bit, to fit my ideas of the storyline better.
It only affects the final battle with Griffin alive, so not the Mutant Muro version (maybe later? hmm:))

This is my first script, and with some changes to it:

* - Spiced up Muro's side, giving him more helpers and boosting his health
* - Gave the TCTF'ers some upgrades
* - Added a cut scene and thus an event when all the TCTF'ers are down and you're alone
* - Enhanced the endings (if you win or lose)

I've got my inspiration and help in the scripting from:
- Script10k's Titan Mode
- SSG's tables
- Geyser's (and SSG's) function list
- The original script and cut scene files

Maybe, because I've edited the balance between the teams, it is possible that the battle became imbalanced.
Say here if you think that it is, and tell me what should be different.
As well as bugs, improvements or stuff, remember it is still v1. wink

//Tyr

Last edited by Tyr (02/04/08 14:02)

#2 11/10/07 12:11

paradox-01

Re: [Script] Syndicate Compound, SP4 edited!

Nice touch - all the details. And for gameplay I think it isn't too hard. smile

There's a glitch (maybe only on my PC): in muro's last wave the elite is camping in the elevator.
About cutscreen: when Mai says: "surrender, we have you surrounded" muro is often not in screen. Is it possible that she look at him when saying this?

Last edited by paradox-01 (11/10/07 12:11)

#3 11/10/07 21:11

Ultimatum479

Grr. It might be a while before I can record that vid for you, Tyr. Parents have the digital camera and are not letting me use it for some time. v_V

But...wow, you made this WAY too easy. A: there are WAY too many TCTF operatives now; B: giving one of the TCTF dudes a Van der Graaf and Griffin a force field is overkill; and C: giving Konoko 400 health when the first wave of your allies die is completely unnecessary. I suggest taking off the extra health boost, but if you like it that way, you'll have to give the enemies a _lot_ of stuff -- like have a Syndicate Sniper with a Mercury Bow sitting on top of one of those blocks near where the helicopter lands, and double the number of enemies that come in.

Work in progress...

#4 11/11/07 00:11

Your_Mom
Website

Indeed it is VERY easy.
Then again, I'm used to fighting six on one with at least four guys armed.
I'd suggest making it spawn or force-spawn some of the characters in the level (you can check which save point was loaded and therefore know if a certain character was spawned before). Really, it'd feel much better with armed strikers and ninjas running around engaging in massive firefights with armed SWATs.

How everyone just stands still during the reinforcement scene is a little....unrealistic (I'd just have them run in WHILE you're fighting, just like how Muro's allies come in. That cutscene could use some work.

Nice sound at the end though.I can hear the destruction.

droid803sig.jpg

#5 11/11/07 06:11

Tyr
Website

Hehe thanks for the comments smile
Smilie-wave incoming! cool:P

Paradox-01 wrote:

Nice touch - all the details. And for gameplay I think it isn't too hard. smile

There's a glitch (maybe only on my PC): in Muro's last wave the elite is camping in the elevator.
About cut scene: when Mai says: "surrender, we have you surrounded" Muro is often not in screen. Is it possible that she look at him when saying this?

Thanks big_smile
Yes, I force-spawned the elite at the last wave, but he's not performing the run animation like all the others do and just keeps standing there.
If you come close though, he'll see you and come running smile.
I'll try to fix that wink

About the cut scene after the reinforcements come running in:
I'm still figuring out how to make Muro/Konoko come and look to each other at the spot, or how to focus the camera on one of em (aren't those fixed positions?).
At the moment it just resets the camera to Konoko's view and hopes that you were in a face-to-face battle with Muro tongue
As soon as I’ve figured out more with camera work, I’ll be able to do that wink.

Ultimatum479 wrote:

Grr. It might be a while before I can record that vid for you, Tyr. Parents have the digital camera and are not letting me use it for some time. v_V

Its ok wink

Ultimatum479 wrote:

But...wow, you made this WAY too easy.
A: there are WAY too many TCTF operatives now;
B: giving one of the TCTF dudes a Van der Graff and Griffin a force field is overkill; and
C: giving Konoko 400 health when the first wave of your allies die is completely unnecessary.
I suggest taking off the extra health boost, but if you like it that way, you'll have to give the enemies a _lot_ of stuff -- like have a Syndicate Sniper with a Mercury Bow sitting on top of one of those blocks near where the helicopter lands, and double the number of enemies that come in.

I'll spice it up a bit more roll
Hm, yeah you're right. It makes you own Muro in a few seconds if you have 400 health after your allies die, I'll remove this and replace it by a small boost/no boost.
I like the idea of the sniper, and I might add a sniper to one of the oncoming waves smile.
I've boosted the TCTF'ers health, but it might not be necessary (they normally have 90hp, but I gave 'em 150).

Your_mom wrote:

Indeed it is VERY easy.
Then again, I'm used to fighting six on one with at least four guys armed.
I'd suggest making it spawn or force-spawn some of the characters in the level (you can check which save point was loaded and therefore know if a certain character was spawned before). Really, it'd feel much better with armed strikers and ninjas running around engaging in massive firefights with armed SWATs.

Indeed I thought of spawning the third round (normally the Ninja, now a Ninja with plasma rifle and an Elite) together with the dying of the teammates and the reinforcements arriving, but it would become very crowded ^^. It is possible that I'm wrong, and it makes it a lot easier. I'll re-enable it and add more enemies to the waves, and look at it then wink
And yeah, I'll add some damaging weapons to the TCTF'ers as well, as those Van De Graff's don't help them: they still get owned by a fury yikes tongue.

Your_mom wrote:

How everyone just stands still during the reinforcement scene is a little....unrealistic (I'd just have them run in WHILE you're fighting, just like how Muro's allies come in. That cut scene could use some work.
Nice sound at the end though. I can hear the destruction.

I made everyone go passive at the cut scene, to prevent Konoko from being owned by the Syndicates during the "surrender" talk.
It might be better to make Konoko invincible and let the others fight, and at the end reset Konoko's status (or not at all, and let them fight).
Or, even better: let the computer take over Konoko for the time and fight, and let you take it back when the cutscene is over cool
Thanks smile Yeah I thought it was a nice addition to the storyline if you could hear the atmospheric processors blow (or whatever its called wink) smile

Btw, did you try dying? lol:D

/Tyr

Last edited by Tyr (11/11/07 07:11)

#6 11/11/07 10:11

Ultimatum479

I don't die. tongue

Yes, please give the TCTF-ers damaging weapons. When you give 'em a VDG, it becomes even _easier_ than it already is to use a Backbreaker on the Furies, and the match is over in under a minute.

EDIT: killmequick --> deathfall is your friend. ^_^ I've seen the death cutscene now. Muro teleports, though. I think you should just spawn Mutant Muro where he was standing.

Last edited by Ultimatum479 (11/11/07 10:11)

Work in progress...

#7 11/11/07 12:11

Tyr
Website

Ultimatum479 wrote:

I don't die. tongue

Yes, please give the TCTF-ers damaging weapons. When you give 'em a VDG, it becomes even _easier_ than it already is to use a Backbreaker on the Furies, and the match is over in under a minute.

EDIT: killmequick --> deathfall is your friend. ^_^ I've seen the death cutscene now. Muro teleports, though. I think you should just spawn Mutant Muro where he was standing.

Ok, I'll take a good look at the weapons wink

Hm, yeah as I said above, I'm still working to figure out the camera smile roll
This is also quite hard (I think), because Mutant Muro is bigger than the death cam which is there atm,
or maybe Muro isn't close to you at all at that moment, and you would not be able to see the complete animation.
If it is possible to move the camera to a moving character's position (then ofcourse standing still),
then zoom out a bit to show his mutation, it would be possible wink

Last edited by Tyr (11/11/07 12:11)

#8 11/11/07 15:11

geyser
Website

On PC you can use either chr_focus or sc_focus to focus the camera on the character of your choice.
You have to know exactly what the character's ID is, but in Muro's case that shouldn't be too hard.

Once you've focused your camera on a character you can play with quite a few camera parameters.
There's cm_distance, cm_height, cm_canter_unarmed, and there's cm_orbit and gs_fov_set. Enjoy.

There is no way to spawn Murzilla where Muro was standing, apart from chr_location_settocamera.
It involves quite a few manipulations, which you'd need to carry out offscreen or during a fade out.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#9 11/11/07 16:11

Ultimatum479

Offscreen's fine if you focus on the satellite for a bit before going back to Muro. Actually, if you do that, then having Muro teleport won't be a big deal either.

Work in progress...

#10 11/12/07 01:11

Tyr
Website

geyser wrote:

On PC you can use either chr_focus or sc_focus to focus the camera on the character of your choice.
You have to know exactly what the character's ID is, but in Muro's case that shouldn't be too hard.

Once you've focused your camera on a character you can play with quite a few camera parameters.
There's cm_distance, cm_height, cm_canter_unarmed, and there's cm_orbit and gs_fov_set. Enjoy.

Thanks big_smile
I'll play around a bit and post v2 in a few days cool

geyser wrote:

There is no way to spawn Murzilla where Muro was standing, apart from chr_location_settocamera.
It involves quite a few manipulations, which you'd need to carry out offscreen or during a fade out.

Ultimatum479 wrote:

Offscreen's fine if you focus on the satellite for a bit before going back to Muro. Actually, if you do that, then having Muro teleport won't be a big deal either.

Hmm, yeah.
So, shall I make everyone stand still the moment Konoko dies,
Then it focuses on Muro
Dish view (?)
Mutation on fixed spot/if camera port possible: On same spot

A bit confusing hmmroll, but I'll certainly try the chr_location_settocamera wink

And, the end animation is OK? where he "roars" and slams the ground? smile

Last edited by Tyr (11/29/07 13:11)

#11 11/13/07 09:11

Ultimatum479

Yeah, that's cool. ^_^

Work in progress...

#12 11/29/07 13:11

Tyr
Website

geyser wrote:

I might sound quite dumb now, but I have to admit that I am still "quite dumb" if it comes to Scripting (I'm learning, all right wink).

It is about the character's ID:
I've found out how to get a character's ID by spawn number (each character gets a number when spawned?).
But it wasn't a hard coded number, thus variable to the events in the battle.
Is it possible to get a solid number, each for every character, or am I thinking completely wrong? Tell me if I am. wink

I tried the method you, Tantir and m2 discussed:

"SpawnNameLocationResetPowerupWeapon"
I thought the small number next to the name represented the ID, but I'm (almost) sure this is horribly wrong.
E.g.:

SpawnNameLocationResetPowerupWeapon garage_striker_01 7 300 400 -99  ammo  w1_tap
SpawnNameLocationResetPowerupWeapon garage_striker_02 8 300 400 -144  ammo  w2_sap
SpawnNameLocationResetPowerupWeapon garage_striker_03 9 300 400 -199  ammo  w1_tap
SpawnNameLocationResetPowerupWeapon garage_striker_04 10 300 400 -255  ammo  w2_sap

tongue

geyser wrote:

It involves quite a few manipulations, which you'd need to carry out off-screen or during a fade out.

I'll do this later, probably in v3. My priority is now to fix the ID problem I'm having.
If I can get a solid ID (or at least an idea how to get it), I'll be able to switch the camera to and fro, which will greatly increase my cutscenes. smile

Last edited by Tyr (11/29/07 13:11)

#13 11/29/07 18:11

geyser
Website

Still learning how to script, eh... Why doncha use the wiki as a notepad and write your remarks on every BSL entity you get to work in your scripts?
That'd get me started, and we could have something like a glossary pretty soon... Just follow the links from http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/BSL:Preset

I'm sure I've said it before, although maybe to Tantir, not to you: it will hep to understand what IDs are and how they work if you use chr_who
Just enter "chr_who" at the DevMode console, and you'll see a list of all the current characters, all with their name, script ID and "character ID".
By calling this repeatedly as characters are spawned or die (heck, during a run of your own script), you will get an idea of what's going on.

When a character is spawned, it gets the lowest available ID and keeps that same ID as long as it's alive. That part of it is solid enough.
When a character really really dies (either is deleted or becomes a corpse after dying), its ID is made available for not-yet-spawned ones.
And that's all there is to it. You'll know what the ID of a character is if you've been able to keep track of the spawns and corpsifyings so far.

The second argument of SpawnNameLocationResetPowerupWeapon is for the user to supply, but it is supposed to be the actual spawn ID.
It's up to the user calling SpawnNameLocationResetPowerupWeapon to keep track of the spawns and "corpsifyings" so far; hence the ID.
Have another look at the last posts in Tantir's thread, where I've been giving the very same details. Also search through the older threads.

Last edited by geyser (11/29/07 18:11)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#14 11/30/07 01:11

Tyr
Website

geyser wrote:

Still learning how to script, eh... Why doncha use the wiki as a notepad and write your remarks on every BSL entity you get to work in your scripts?
That'd get me started, and we could have something like a glossary pretty soon... Just follow the links from http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/BSL:Preset

OK, I'll take a good look at that, and try to give some comments big_smile

geyser wrote:

I'm sure I've said it before, although maybe to Tantir, not to you: it will hep to understand what IDs are and how they work if you use chr_who
Just enter "chr_who" at the DevMode console, and you'll see a list of all the current characters, all with their name, script ID and "character ID".
By calling this repeatedly as characters are spawned or die (heck, during a run of your own script), you will get an idea of what's going on.

When a character is spawned, it gets the lowest available ID and keeps that same ID as long as it's alive. That part of it is solid enough.
When a character really really dies (either is deleted or becomes a corpse after dying), its ID is made available for not-yet-spawned ones.
And that's all there is to it. You'll know what the ID of a character is if you've been able to keep track of the spawns and corpsifyings so far.

The second argument of SpawnNameLocationResetPowerupWeapon is for the user to supply, but it is supposed to be the actual spawn ID.
It's up to the user calling SpawnNameLocationResetPowerupWeapon to keep track of the spawns and "corpsifyings" so far; hence the ID.
Have another look at the last posts in Tantir's thread, where I've been giving the very same details. Also search through the older threads.

Will do, thanks a lot big_smile

#15 12/01/07 14:12

s10k
Website

Tried first version of all. Was funny but was easy too. Nice work although

Board footer