Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#201 04/28/11 22:04

TheCreature

Re: Oni 2

I don't think Barabas would've survived, considering I threw him off the ledge as he died.  hehehe...

Seriously though, Mai was really ticked off at him for kidnapping Shini, and I doubt she would've shown any mercy.  I agree with Mukade underestimating Mai and hiding in the shadows until later.

I think it'd be cool if he suddenly appeared and needed Mai's help with something.  Grudgingly acknowledging her as his equal or something.  I think that'd be more emotionally charged than a simple fight scene.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#202 04/28/11 22:04

Lithium

I never saw her as angry, I saw her as sad and concerned, but Barabas is still admired you know.

Last edited by Lithium (04/29/11 00:04)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#203 04/29/11 07:04

Sharoduinn

Could Mukade fit in as somebody who's following only his own mysterious agenda, with no connections to any of the factions, but maybe with either a grudge or a soft spot for Konoko? Or if Mukade lost his memory after the beating Konoko gave him and treats Konoko as a friend until the truth comes out...?

Just throwing suggestions around tongue

oxe161 wrote:

I never saw her as angry, I saw her as sad and concerned, but Barabas is still admired you know.

I lost my admiration for Barabas after the 9000th time he used the 'Earth Quaker' on me...

"Sorry about the mess"

#204 04/29/11 07:04

Masterweaver

Yes, I saw Mukade as a third faction himself. He only happened to work for the syndicate because they were working his angle at the time.

On shinibot: Remember, Shinitama is an SLD. If she was still alive AND still had access to her basic brain pattern, she could in theory grow herself a new body. Shinibot is a bit misleading though, it would have to be another SLD body.

#205 04/29/11 10:04

TheCreature

I definitely agree with the Mukade as a third party theory.  Not so sure I like the amnesia idea though.  I think it would detract from his awesomeness.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#206 04/29/11 16:04

Lithium

Sharoduinn wrote:

Could Mukade fit in as somebody who's following only his own mysterious agenda, with no connections to any of the factions, but maybe with either a grudge or a soft spot for Konoko? Or if Mukade lost his memory after the beating Konoko gave him and treats Konoko as a friend until the truth comes out...?

Just throwing suggestions around tongue

oxe161 wrote:

I lost my admiration for Barabas after the 9000th time he used the 'Earth Quaker' on me...

I'm saying he still has some fans, a lot of the characters in Oni were memorable (Ok maybe the Chrysalis ones more but you get the picture)

#207 04/29/11 21:04

Jon God

Masterweaver wrote:

B. Yeah, okay, I made it up. But it's a rule of thumb; usually true, not always.
C. People come back from the dead in fiction. IT DOES NOT LESSEN THE IMPACT OF THEIR DEATH. Yes, we can't bring everybody back, but that's why we have to be very careful.
D. Mukade can be brought back and still be mysterious. Just because he's there doesn't mean he has to explain why he's there. Heck, Mai could confront right out and he'd probably just ignore the question!

B. Uh, I don't see any facts to back that up, besides your word. A lot of times yes, a lot of times no.

C. Yes it does. Who cares if a character dies, if you know there's always a chance they can come back? If you really think that any death is permanent, then it has more meaning to it. Think of it in a game, when you die in Oni, you go back, so what meaning does your death have. If the game's story ended there, with Konoko dying, and showing the aftermath, the death would have more meaning.

D. That sounds like a plot device: 'let's bring him back just so he can be back.'

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#208 04/30/11 06:04

Leus
Website

I don't think Mukade's death was all that meaningful since we really didn't know much about him.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#209 04/30/11 07:04

Masterweaver

Okay, Jon God, I don't think you get the difference between episodic and serial.

An episodic work can be watched in any order and has no overarching plot. A serial work has a continuous plot, throughout multiple installments, and generally benefits long-term fans by referencing past works. Think of the difference between, oh, Star Trek the original series and Deep Space Nine.

#210 04/30/11 12:04

Lithium

Ok can you stop arguing about this?

#211 05/01/11 00:05

Jon God

Masterweaver wrote:

Okay, Jon God, I don't think you get the difference between episodic and serial.

An episodic work can be watched in any order and has no overarching plot. A serial work has a continuous plot, throughout multiple installments, and generally benefits long-term fans by referencing past works. Think of the difference between, oh, Star Trek the original series and Deep Space Nine.

Oni was built as a singular game, with no sequel mentioned by the original creators. The story used kills off almost all the characters in the game, with a kinda end of the world style ending, which leads me to believe this was not meant to feel the same as a TV show, or be episodic.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#212 05/01/11 00:05

Lithium

Closest thing to a sequel would have an update right? Add the missing features, mess with the story a little, add some weapons perhaps.

#213 05/01/11 04:05

Yoriko

What are you suggesting oxe? That we (oni community) rewrite the Oni story?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#214 05/01/11 10:05

TheCreature

Rewrite Oni?!?  Heresy!  Blasphemy!  How dare you speak thus!  lol Aren't we already working on that?

#215 05/01/11 10:05

Lithium

No i'm not, I'm saying that if Bungie did make a sequel they would have improved on what they did wrong and fill in the missing pieces.

#216 05/01/11 10:05

TheCreature

that's kinda the point of a sequel isn't it?

#217 05/01/11 12:05

Lithium

Argh never mind

#218 05/01/11 12:05

TheCreature

#219 05/01/11 18:05

Gumby

oxe161 wrote:

No i'm not, I'm saying that if Bungie did make a sequel they would have improved on what they did wrong and fill in the missing pieces.

It would have been Take2 doing the sequel. Something tells me there wouldn't have been much connection between the two other than gameplay and the main character though.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#220 05/08/11 18:05

Zanon15

IMO it would be interesting if two new games were created:

- one game was to ... "make us know" Muro's intentions from the very beginning. We would play (of course) as Muro, in the maps he appears (even briefly), adding some stuff he could do, people he could kill, you name it;

- another game would be, as most of you told before me, a sequel. So we would see how would the story go on, who and how people survived, and so on.
__
Of course, fans could create the sequel themselves, but probably most of the Oni Players wouldn't play it (there are lots of reasons for that to happen: not an official game, internet downloaded (people who may not have Internet Connection at home), ... COPYRIGHTS!!!!! <_<). It's a bit of a shame. I would enjoy playing an awesome game like ONI but there is no game to satisfy my needs of ass-kickin <_> Only ONI itself (and a little bit of virtua fighter 2 =P)

#221 06/02/11 17:06

Churales3

In my opinion, WE MUST COLLECT SIGNATURES FOR THIS CAUSE, THE CREATION OF ONI 2!! xD
Seriously, somebody knew some about a project of oni 2??? i played oni in 2001, and in my opinion is the most funny game i see ever in my life...

#222 06/02/11 17:06

Lithium

Not gonna happen

#223 06/02/11 17:06

Churales3

why not?? xD

#224 06/02/11 17:06

Churales3

Is a good business for any videogame company

#225 06/02/11 20:06

Gumby

It might be, but you have to convince them it is, and collecting a few hundred signatures isn't enough.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer