Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/24/11 13:04

Yoriko

How do I install mods and scripts?

If I am going to install, say this mod:http://mods.oni2.net/node/174

Where would I extract it in my Oni folder? Would it be the same place for any mod/script I download?

Any help would be appreciated

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#2 04/24/11 13:04

Lithium

Re: How do I install mods and scripts?

Edition/install/packages
Put it in packages and open up AEInstaller, Now click the box next to BetterConsoles/Doors. Then click install

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 04/24/11 14:04

Iritscen

+1 imaginary karma for oxe

That's what you do with packages, anyway.  For straight scripts (.bsl) or .oni files, the process is more technical, but hopefully you don't run into that too much.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 04/24/11 14:04

Lithium

-18 Karma achieved.
5353.awww-yeah.jpg

#5 04/24/11 14:04

Samer
Website

someone should really make all the bsl on the depot as packages ... i converted the ones i use, arena, leus's ozg and shinishoes and level maze .

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 04/24/11 15:04

Lithium

If I knew how I would hmm

#7 04/24/11 16:04

Yoriko

Works fine for me now, the given support is much appreciated

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#8 04/27/11 11:04

Yoriko

Right, now I've decided to try out some scripts. If it's one of these: http://mods.oni2.net/node/63
How do I install it? Do I need to swap some files?

P.S. I like the new look of the forum ^^

Last edited by Yoriko (04/27/11 11:04)

#9 04/27/11 11:04

TOCS

Taken directly out of the readme.txt. wink

What belongs to level 0 is in level0 folder, what belong to level 12 is in level12 folder.
Scripts are to be copied into "roof" folder in IGMD, no need to remove anything, just add these two (and click yes if it asks for replacing roof.bsl)

MAKE BACKUPs, otherwise you won't be able to rever changes !!!!

#10 04/27/11 11:04

Yoriko

Bah, poor research skills on my behalf. I apologise for my stupidity.

Last edited by Yoriko (04/27/11 11:04)

#11 04/27/11 11:04

TOCS

Believe me, there is. Otherwise you'd not be able to play the level at all. Everything from AI spawns to cutscenes are stored inside that folder, as well goes for the rest of the levels.

It should look like this: Oni\Edition\GameDataFolder\IGMD\roof there's a bunch of BSL files inside that folder; scripts. Now all you've to do is follow the readme instructions.

Edit: It really took me that long to write this message? <.<

Last edited by TOCS (04/27/11 11:04)

#12 04/27/11 11:04

Yoriko

Well I found it just after submitting my post so I edited it, my old post was probably what you saw hmm

#13 04/27/11 14:04

Yoriko

It isnt working for me, right now I've got these bsl files in the roof folder: roof_main.bsl particle_scripts.bsl roof.bsl roof_cutscene.bsl

#14 04/27/11 14:04

Samer
Website

Yoriko these are very old scripts .. we aren't sure they are compatible with the new AE.
perhaps u'd be more interested in some packages ^_^ !

#15 04/27/11 14:04

Yoriko

About those, I cant seem to get the HD screen package to work properly, the win and lose screens arent showing up for me and the main menu is too big for the window even when in full screen hmm

#16 04/27/11 15:04

Iritscen

The HD Screens package requires you to be running in 1024x768 or higher.

#17 04/29/11 11:04

Yoriko

Whoa, these are some nice pictures!

#18 04/29/11 11:04

Yoriko

I believe there are two mods where in one you can throw enemies over obstacles and in the other enemies take damage and bounce back when they fall into a wall. I want em ^^
Any idea where I can find em?

Last edited by Yoriko (04/29/11 11:04)

#19 04/29/11 12:04

TheCreature

Hmm... I don't believe those ever actually were pronounced fully functional.  But if they are, I'd like to have a crack at them too.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#20 04/29/11 16:04

Iritscen

As I recall, those were experiments done through hacking (how ever did you hear about them?), and they didn't prove to be practical, so they weren't made into mods.

#21 04/29/11 16:04

Yoriko

Not practical how? What were the issues with them?

#22 04/29/11 18:04

Iritscen

Well, the problem with the throw-over-railings hack was that it was done a bit crudely with the Daodan and characters would pop up and down as they went over the railing.  It wasn't very natural looking.  The issue with the wall collision had to do with the force field, but I'm fuzzy on the specifics.  Suffice to say that our resident animation genius, Loser, said it couldn't be fixed.

#23 04/29/11 19:04

Yoriko

Darn, gameplay wise it would have been a major improvement, especially in multiplayer ^^
Throwing your opponent over a rail and then just jumping after him with a jump flip big_smile

#24 04/30/11 10:04

Samer
Website

Yoriko this is the list http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1355 of fully compatible packages with the AE .. other stuff on the depot or in videos may be too old or un-functional or might have been replaced by something better.

#25 04/30/11 15:04

Gumby

There were two experiments. One was by Loser and used particles, the other was by me and used the Daodan. Both had issues.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer