Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 04/26/11 01:04

Jon God

Re: Parts you got stuck at (and I mean stuck at for a long time)

Yeah, it's too bad, Oni could have been great on the PS2, but rockstar's abysmal porting skills ruined it.

They also ruined Max Payne 1 and 2 for PS2. sad

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#27 04/27/11 11:04

Sharoduinn

Yoriko wrote:

I shot Griffin by reflex beacause I thought it would erupt into a boss battle, my english skills werent so good when I played it the first time

I did exactly the same big_smile

I also remember being really scared about the zombie Shini boss... the music just freaked me out sad

"Sorry about the mess"

#28 04/27/11 11:04

Yoriko

I just remembered from my first time playing that I thought the com guys were the hardest enemy.......

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#29 04/27/11 12:04

Delano762
Website

oxe161 wrote:

Maybe it was my BS TV, anyhoo...

Another part that I hated was the last part in Synd. Compound, right in the room with the satelite. I was really scared there because falling was my biggest nightmare, I have never fallen, but I still get cautious in that area

You gotta love those "height horror" (or something like that) games. Being aware of falling down in games like MDK2 can scare you more than some horror games.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#30 04/30/11 01:04

Stevinlewis

The first time i played it, I got stuck at the first level first check point! -_-. Then i didnt play it for like 1 year till i got tired with another game called 4x4 evolution then got back to oni. Till then i was old enough to play it properly big_smile. And like the previous person said, oni isent easy for a 8 or 9 year old tongue

#31 04/30/11 07:04

DarkLitria
Website

Yoriko wrote:

I just remembered from my first time playing that I thought the com guys were the hardest enemy.......

really? ._. when i first saw them they just look like Muro's wannabes XDD

No BLOOD no foul.

#32 04/30/11 08:04

northero
Website

DarkLitria wrote:
Yoriko wrote:

yeah I first thought they were kinda like mini-bosses too =P

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#33 04/30/11 08:04

DarkLitria
Website

northero wrote:
DarkLitria wrote:
Yoriko wrote:

yeah I first thought they were kinda like mini-bosses too =P

like lame bosses XDD heh

Last edited by DarkLitria (04/30/11 08:04)

No BLOOD no foul.

#34 04/30/11 09:04

Sharoduinn

I remember being somehow afraid of the comguy and alarm console in the first level >.<

Stevinlewis wrote:

Then i didnt play it for like 1 year till i got tired with another game called 4x4 evolution then got back to oni.

4x4 Evo?  I had the demo of that game on my good ol' OS9 at the time I got Oni tongue Ahh the memories...

"Sorry about the mess"

#35 04/30/11 10:04

Delano762
Website

Time to call Bosses R Us. Call in the next 5 minutes will make Oni 2 a bugless game! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-CA_7qaf24

#36 04/30/11 12:04

Lithium

DarkLitria wrote:
Yoriko wrote:

When my sister was playing the airport level and she ran into the first Comguy she thought it was Muro, but he looked too different >.>

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#37 04/30/11 12:04

DarkLitria
Website

oxe161 wrote:
DarkLitria wrote:
Yoriko wrote:

When my sister was playing the airport level and she ran into the first Comguy she thought it was Muro, but he looked too different >.>

i think because of Com guy's hair XDD looks slightly the same except the colour

No BLOOD no foul.

#38 04/30/11 12:04

Lithium

Probably but their outfit should help you distinguish them

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#39 04/30/11 12:04

DarkLitria
Website

i admit they r pretty pathetic xDD lol

No BLOOD no foul.

#40 05/01/11 03:05

Yoriko

They are not really the fighting type, they are like the ninjas (hacking, information theft) without the ninjas awesome combat style. hmm

They are just there to keep the communication beetween troops and tell them what to do if I'm not misstaken.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#41 05/01/11 07:05

DarkLitria
Website

Yoriko wrote:

They are not really the fighting type, they are like the ninjas (hacking, information theft) without the ninjas awesome combat style. hmm

They are just there to keep the communication beetween troops and tell them what to do if I'm not misstaken.

i think ur right there.

No BLOOD no foul.

#42 05/08/11 18:05

Zanon15

The first time I played the Deadly Brain (Chap 2) I was all "OMG WTH IS THIS!?" but it was easy after all.
Then... Probably the Level 6 (yeah) 'cause I tried to save the TCTF guyz (ALL OF THEM) I always restarted when one died until one day I managed to save them all! big_smile (except the blonde girl, which I accidentaly killed by slamming a striker against her <_<"")
Then... I went to the "Dreamy" level. And that part was probably the most difficult I faced all over the game. I mean Muro is easy but... damn when your head turns Giant, makes the vision difficult xD (and Killing those midget-strikers with that head is really not easy for a Twelve-year-old Kiddo (Me xD) back on those days.
Then the last part I took ages to win, was Shinatama's security mode <_>" I always died at the 3rd level (or I was killed by the Screaming Cells, or I accidentaly jumped down while tried to shortcutting).

I have never played a game as tough as ONI, for sure... (the most difficult one after ONI was Diablo 2 tho...)

#43 05/09/11 09:05

Delano762
Website

Zanon15 wrote:

I have never played a game as tough as ONI, for sure... (the most difficult one after ONI was Diablo 2 tho...)

That means you didn't play many games. Try Operation Flashpoint, ARMA 2 or Sly Cooper 1 for example smile

Last edited by Delano762 (05/09/11 09:05)

#44 05/09/11 14:05

Lukas Kreator

I got stuck once on that part where there are "lightning generators" and robots. Sometimes I died there, sometimes I'd have very low health left and would be killed by the strikers in the other room... I had to load an older save from the beggining of the level.

#45 05/09/11 18:05

Zanon15

Delano762 wrote:
Zanon15 wrote:

That means you didn't play many games. Try Operation Flashpoint, ARMA 2 or Sly Cooper 1 for example smile

I played Operation Flashpoint (about 2002 I believe) and honestly I believe ONI is harder. (but I believe there is not much you can compare between the two games IMHO).

#46 05/10/11 02:05

Delano762
Website

Zanon15 wrote:

I played Operation Flashpoint (about 2002 I believe) and honestly I believe ONI is harder. (but I believe there is not much you can compare between the two games IMHO).

o_0
20 bucks that you didn't even get to mission 38

#47 05/10/11 18:05

Zanon15

If I had 4 missions completed probably was a record =P I didn't like the game itself ^^ Dunno why tho. It was a long time ago. Maybe I'll re-install it and try again, if I find the game CD.
As for war games and such, the only ones I really like were Tom Clancy's games. "Rogue Spear Six", "Blackthorn" and so on.

#48 05/10/11 18:05

Dirk Gently
Website

Do I sense a fellow original Ghost Recon player?

#49 05/11/11 07:05

Delano762
Website

@Dirk Nope, at least not me. I have GR but I don't like it.
@Zanon15 Maybe you were a casual/unexperienced player back in 2002? Oni and OFP have something in common - they aren't games for casual players. But anyway, once you'll start to like OFP, you'll probably also realise that it is one of the finest games to be ever installed on your PC. Hell, OFP has the best gameplay I've ever seen in a video game... Umm... I think.

Board footer