Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/18/11 13:04

Leus
Website

LMAS! (Let's Make A Script)

I feel like I wanna try doing some scripting, but I'm not too sure what to do.  So I thought, hey, maybe I could take some suggestions and maybe even some collaborative efforts from some other Oni forum-goers!

So, what kind of things would you guys like to see in a new script?  I'll take the suggestions and try to compile the best/most doable ideas into something.  Also, if you'd like to help create this script, lemme know and we can talk about the details in further posts.  smile

Brainstorm time!  No idea is too silly to suggest!  (Possibly too silly to execute, but still, this is just brainstorm time.  smile )

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 04/18/11 14:04

Delano762
Website

Re: LMAS! (Let's Make A Script)

Make a random cutscene lol Here's some, erm... inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8uNzVji_7c

Last edited by Delano762 (04/18/11 14:04)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#3 04/18/11 15:04

Samer
Website

tongue OZG in ARENA LEVEL big_smile !! tongue  sorry i keep repeating it tongue ^_^  but i really feel it would be just perfect there so if u start on it and tell me what i can help with & i'll gladly do so, or if u could like write me a detailed walkthrough on what i need to change to import it to the arena, though u'd do it much faster then me :$ . pwetty please sad

other suggestions (i already suggested those to you at some time) :

Custom Character Boss fights : adding the custom characters as Bosses in certain levels, example Casey in training level, Shinatamabot in the vault in TCTF redux, Grey Fury where shinatama is saved ( atmospheric processor interior), Kojiro at the end of atmospheric processor exterior where konoko gets a daodon spike or maybe at the airport ... etc ...

and this idea :  http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1689

Last edited by Samer (04/18/11 15:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 04/18/11 16:04

TOCS

Oh man, I remember Armed and Dangerous. That game was brilliant. ^_^

I don't know if this can be done script-based, but I'd like to see the special boss moves (regeneration, invisibility etc.) exported as a function, which can be executed via the console. I've only touched C# and Visual Basic a little, so I don't really know what BSL is capable of doing.

I've always wanted to key-bind a button for a daodan spike, or moon cloaking. big_smile

Last edited by TOCS (04/18/11 16:04)

#5 04/18/11 17:04

Leus
Website

Delano:  Appreciate the suggestion but I'm too lazy for that, I wanna make some cool gameplay.  big_smile

Samer:  That actually shouldn't be too hard, in fact it should only take a change of the BINACHAR (spawn locations) and then putting the BSLs in the Arena folder.  I might do it in just a second.

TOCS:  You can execute some animations via the console.  Actually, I used the daodan spike script in my Survival script and it works.  I'll try and make a demo and show you what you can do with it, but it WOULD have to be via the console I can't do keybinding as far as I know.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#6 04/18/11 20:04

TheCreature

hmmm...  Maybe a BGI level?  We've certainly got enough BGI characters now, I think it could be pulled off.  We could even make cutscenes that have voices.

Regardless of what you make, I'll be willing to record some stuff for cutscenes.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#7 04/18/11 20:04

Lithium

BGI level would be cool...

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#8 04/18/11 21:04

Leus
Website

The bosses idea actually sounds really cool, I remember wanting to do that in the past.  I think I'll start on that.  Shouldn't be too hard.  smile

Hey, Samer, or anyone, do you still have the old files for my scripts Shin's New Shoes, Crazy Casey and Survival?  All the download links are expired for some reason.

#9 04/19/11 10:04

Samer
Website

yeah leus i have them all smile i'll upload them to the depot soon.
I thought i put them on the depot before though :\

crazy casey and survival were already on the depot :
http://mods.oni2.net/node/105    http://mods.oni2.net/node/104
http://mods.oni2.net/node/106

and this is Shini's New Shoes as a package
http://mods.oni2.net/node/176

Last edited by Samer (04/19/11 14:04)

#10 04/19/11 16:04

Leus
Website

They're on the depot but it's only the packages with the ONIs, no BSL.

#11 04/20/11 10:04

Samer
Website

no they're not hmm the bsl AND the ONI package is inside the zip, i just downloaded and rechecked.

#12 04/20/11 10:04

Leus
Website

Whaaat really?  .....Uh.  Oh.  Well, whaddya know?  How'd I miss that?  Lol, thanks.  I wanna try and work on the bosses mod this weekend.  Got some ideas already.  smile

#13 04/21/11 22:04

Lithium

Ok how about we begin with Barbas talking with Mukade, Konoko sneaks in and tries to listen, but then she is spotted by a Ninja and alarms them. They both escape and the level resolves around you trying to find them. I think Lab or Science Prison fits for it, I can't think of any other levels.

Or

Muro is making a trade with some TCTF agents for some weapons in exchange for Cash that the TCTF needs for their police force. Konoko spots them, and the TCTF soldiers attack along with some of Muro's thugs. You must go through the level fighting both TCTF and Syndicate thugs, at the end you confront Casey, he tells Konoko that it's pointless to fight the Syndicate, they'll win sooner or later. So yeah you beat him and stop the syndicate's plan. Airport Cargo Hangars or Atmospheric Processor Exterior.

My last Idea is Jubei and Akane lead an attack on the Lab and try to steal some sort of blue prints for something (idk could be a beer cap for all I care) and stealh is the key element of it because a lot of the TCTF members are carrying Mercury bows

Last edited by Lithium (04/21/11 22:04)

#14 04/22/11 10:04

TheCreature

I like the first idea, except with maybe she's watching then through a hacked camera feed or has tracked them to this building, but they could be anywhere inside.

Second one just seems confusing and screwed up.  And I don't wanna have to kill Casey.

Last idea is cool also, except I've never played as either of those characters.

Last edited by TheCreature (04/22/11 10:04)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#15 04/22/11 16:04

Lithium

Casey isn't even in the game, we could experiment on it like some sort of dirty fan fic D:

#16 04/22/11 17:04

TOCS

Casey is somewhat portrayed in the game. Though we don't know if it's his name, or if he has any purpose.

#17 04/22/11 18:04

Lithium

Well then let's make some use out of it! yikes

Edit: Ok fine. Konoko sees Muro making a trade with some TCTF officers in the Atmospheric Processor Int. She is spotted by someone and Muro and his suppliers escape the area. You make your way through the level fighting Synd and TCTF enemies. Once you near Muro, Casey tries to stop you, of course he only delayed you and Muro manages to escape, then you must fight some more TCTF agents (like the Atmospheric Processor Ext. Ending).
Once Griffin sees you killed all those TCTF agents and Casey, plus go against his orders he finally decides you're a rogue (is it Rouge or Rogue?) and orders capture.

What do you think?

Last edited by Lithium (04/22/11 19:04)

#18 04/22/11 20:04

TheCreature

It's rogue.  And that's better...  but I'm still sticking to my guns on that one.

#19 04/22/11 21:04

Samer
Website

i don't wanna have to kill casey either tongue how about casey is also investigating to stop those tctf ... and it turns into some sort of competition between casey and konoko ... who can beat more syndicate, reach the end faster .. capture muro etc ... and u run into casey several times, having to beat him a bit each time before u continue ur mission .. at the end fight they decide to put the competition aside and cooperate to capture muro ^_^

#20 04/22/11 22:04

Lithium

NO I WANNA KILL CASEY!

Ok yours is better...

Ok how about Konoko goes after and Casey shows up and chit chats with her and tells her about the race thing

Last edited by Lithium (04/22/11 22:04)

#21 04/23/11 05:04

TOCS

Hah, you gotta add voice then oxe. smile

#22 04/23/11 08:04

TheCreature

I'll help add voice!  The one place I can be helpful!

Also, what if there were an infiltration level, where you had to sneak in disguised as a syndicate soldier or something.

#23 04/23/11 10:04

Samer
Website

disguised as violet fury konoko big_smile

#24 04/23/11 11:04

TheCreature

That's just a lot of purple going on.

#25 04/23/11 11:04

Samer
Website

disguised as scientist konoko big_smile

Board footer