Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/10/11 23:04

Leus
Website

Conflicting mods

Well, I just went through the mod depot library and downloaded...  Pretty much everything.  I wanna know if there are any known bugs with using certain packages at the same time as others, and stuff like that, 'cause this is a lot of info to go through.

If not, maybe we could compile a list of the best packages here in this thread, and which ones should be foregone for others (no offense to anyone who made any of the packages, of course, but...  I dunno.  Yeah.  I'm sympathetic.)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 04/11/11 03:04

paradox-01

Re: Conflicting mods

I like the idea. But when the collection is done I wish for that we port the information to the description fields of the mod. ("This Mod is compatible with ...") Imo, information should be accessible at the place where you need it. Hopefully Gumby agrees on implementating an auto-update function in the AEInstaller. That way we also wouldn't need to check/access manually the ModDepot for new mods any longer.

#3 04/11/11 06:04

Samer
Website

mm i think it's better to be added as an additional line under each mod in the The Authoritative Third-Party Mod Directory so there's one reference to all of the packages' info ... None of the packs i have, show conflict ... there's a conflict between Grey Fury (the version which i modified) and the Exploding Barrel package .. Grey Fury won't show the green hit impacts if the exploding barrel package is installed however i resolved that and uploaded a compatible exploding barrel package with the Grey Fury package.
another issue : the AE's new characters package has some conflict with my BGI agents package. the old AE bgi executives will get weird textures.

there's a small conflict between Severed Textures and Viscious Reilly's Konoko Outfit .. u get the Viscious reilly face and not the severed if installed together ... so this is resolved here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1557
I think however The new HD konoko should substitute both.

some other redundant packages are several texture packages .. and glass moves packs there are several ones on the depot, don't know which is the final one. there's also some redundant packs with the final Battle packages that u and I leus made different versions of ...  etc ... ^^

also there seems to me that there's some conflict between OniRules particle trails pack, glass throwing moves and andrashi trams ... the 3 of them modify the same trams .. to add different things but i think they overwrite each other .. so it would be neat to combine them into one pack by modifying the trams to include glass breaking particles, hit impacts and contrails and the andrashi modifications. ( that could be done by starting with the andrashi trams and then adding the glass particle and OniRule's contrails and hit impacts.)

some redundant packs i think the whole AE new character package ... is a bit unnecessary .. shinatamtoo -> shinatama bot ... BGi executives -> BGI agents ... bgi fury and ninja -> Jubei and Akane ... Master chief tanker and striker and elite and ninja ... -> White and Black Chief

and Barabas's jet pack pack changes Barabas's super moves and throws ( though it wasn't meant to)
also the Brutal Konoko melee ... removes super moves from other character's melee id

Last edited by Samer (04/11/11 06:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 04/11/11 07:04

Leus
Website

Thanks for all the info Samer.

Unfortunately, when I try to run a level in Oni, it blams and I really don't know how to go about figuring out why...

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 04/11/11 08:04

Leus
Website

Oh.  Apparently it was my graphics settings.  But with the normal 640x480 you guys' sexy new menu is too big to see properly.  sad

#6 04/11/11 08:04

Iritscen

You can uninstall the HD screens package if you're running in 640x480, but maybe you want to post about this in the Edition forum, because you should be able to run Oni at higher resolutions.  Oh, and it's good to see you around again, Leus.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 04/11/11 09:04

paradox-01

An AEInstaller with auto-update would be superior over a ModDepot that has to be checked manually. And ModDepot is superior over the Authoritative Third-Party thread (because MD contained everything what's on ATPt in the first place). So, in fact, ATPt would be third choise. neutral

#8 04/11/11 10:04

Leus
Website

Iritscen:  Yeah, I started running it at 1024x768 which works, but it looks...  Weird, haha.  I'm just used to the classic 640x480, and I've never really cared too much about graphics so I never bothered to try anything bigger.  Plus I'm running it on a standard laptop now so I wanna make sure performance is my first priority.

And thanks smile always good to be back here.

#9 04/11/11 10:04

Iritscen

I know that Gumby and I would like to introduce automatic updates to the AE; it's just a matter of deciding when the next AE comes out, since we've been busy with other projects.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#10 04/11/11 13:04

TheCreature

Another mod conflict I've noticed (and been frustrated by) is the Andrashi melee system and the Ninja Shadow dash.  If you install the Andrashi, the ninjas don't shadow dash.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#11 04/11/11 15:04

Loser

Solution for conflicting Andrashi system is quite simple folks, don't install it since it is an old outdated mod seasoned by delicious tip of fail-spice.
That is why I always delete old stuff. You keep badmouthing me about this habit. But then, after some time passes by, what a surprise - old stuff usually conflicts with new, better stuff smile

Forget it, hone your skills and surpass old generation. That, or get out of my lawn ^_^.

Last edited by Loser (04/11/11 16:04)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#12 04/11/11 16:04

Samer
Website

nah i think the Andrashi mod is cool tongue it's the one that gives semi vulnerability to certain moves (escape moves and supers) and adjusts their effects to be less spam-able and more balanced so, i don't think it's outdated .. it's necessary.
I use it as reference when making new trams ... so unless a more up-date alternative is presented i think we should keep it and solve the conflicts.
btw i don't have a problem with Andrashi tram and ninja shadow dash. i don't remember if i modified it or if i never had a conflict to begin with ... Creature u can solve the conflict by deleting those files form Andrashi package : TRAMNINCOMcrouch_bk  and fw and rt and lt

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#13 04/11/11 17:04

Leus
Website

I remember that I always used andrashi and shadow dash and they both seem to work fine.

#14 04/11/11 17:04

Lithium

Leus wrote:

And thanks smile always good to be back here.

OLD MEMBER RECOVERED
Sweet cool

Samer wrote:

nah i think the Andrashi mod is cool  it's the one that gives semi vulnerability to certain moves (escape moves and supers)

It can get annoying sometimes if you're fighting certain enemies though

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#15 04/12/11 02:04

Gumby

Andrashi - there is nothing wrong with your melee system, it was my own stupidity that caused the conflict. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer