Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#151 04/08/11 18:04

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: Oni Intel-native build for OS X

I had not experienced this with edt before. Not actually played this build yet though.

#152 04/08/11 19:04

Iritscen

It's been that way for me in all builds, but since no one else in the private tests was experiencing it, I eventually stopped talking about it.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#153 04/10/11 12:04

jackoverfull
Website

Thanks for the release!

Just played the first few levels, at the start some colors were wrong, like in this picture.
schermata20110410a18493.png

Disabling AE's Severed Textures solved the problem. Also, I too had had occasional problems launching (the application would start but it would just sit here, with a generic menubar.). Usually quitting and starting after a few seconds solved the problem.

Overall the game is splendidly fluid, even the old annoying "mouse reached the end of the screen" bug seems to be gone away.

"To the future, blinkin' an eye to the past!"

#154 04/10/11 12:04

jackoverfull
Website

I forgot one strange thing: Shinatama didn't talk about the effects of an hypo in the first level.

#155 04/10/11 13:04

Gumby

Try using the PC SeverED textures. You will have to go into the config file and remove the OS specifier line.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#156 04/10/11 14:04

Delano762
Website

LOLWTF, Griffin is Teletubbies fan

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#157 04/10/11 16:04

Charles

I have not had those problems.

#158 04/10/11 17:04

jackoverfull
Website

will try…

#159 04/24/11 12:04

jackoverfull
Website

I have to report a problem: in hasegawa's lab the photos doesn't always appear as usual. For example i didn't get the newspaper and some photos were stuck at the sides of the screen.

schermata20110424a18092.png

#160 04/24/11 14:04

Iritscen

Hmm, you should always get the newspaper, but the photos on the edges of the screen are due to playing in a widescreen resolution, which the devs didn't plan for.  You should see the same thing using the PPC build.  The 2010-05 Edition was actually supposed to fix this bug, but it's still showing up for me, so I'm puzzled on that account.

#161 04/24/11 15:04

jackoverfull
Website

It has been a while (I lastly play the whole game almost a year ago), still I didn't notice anything very odd last time I got there…maybe some minor issue I forgot, but the photos appeared correctly (maybe, with some sticking at the edges?), most of them didn't today and definitely i didn't see the newspaper.

#162 04/24/11 18:04

Iritscen

Okay, I had to refresh my memory by researching this.  The missing photos are a bug of the Anniversary Edition 2010-05.  Apparently I discovered this a while back, but since we haven't made a release since then, it remains unfixed (it's on my list of bugs to fix, though, when we do make another AE release).  Anyway, definitely not an Intel build issue.

#163 04/25/11 06:04

jackoverfull
Website

Iritscen wrote:

Okay, I had to refresh my memory by researching this.  The missing photos are a bug of the Anniversary Edition 2010-05.  Apparently I discovered this a while back, but since we haven't made a release since then, it remains unfixed (it's on my list of bugs to fix, though, when we do make another AE release).  Anyway, definitely not an Intel build issue.

Thanks, that's the answer then, i haven't played the latest AE fully before.
What about the newspaper?

#164 04/25/11 06:04

Iritscen

I was counting the newspaper as one of the "photos".  I think we accidentally broke all the horizontal-moving images in that cutscene.

#165 04/25/11 06:04

jackoverfull
Website

OK, thanks…:)

#166 05/08/11 20:05

dpny

Hot damn: Oni at 1920x1080 on my Mac Pro, running much better than it ever did on my old 500 MHz G3.

Thanks for all you hard work on this. It's nice to have some of the old Bungie genius back.

Last edited by dpny (05/08/11 20:05)

#167 05/09/11 08:05

Dirk Gently
Website

dpny wrote:

Hot damn: Oni at 1920x1080 on my Mac Pro, running much better than it ever did on my old 500 MHz G3.

Thanks for all you hard work on this. It's nice to have some of the old Bungie genius back.

it is really sexy isn't it tongue

#168 06/13/11 10:06

simX

I'm on a 27", late 2009, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac, with 8 GB of 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics card with 512 MB of RAM.  I've also been testing on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, and it works just fine.  In fact, it works amazingly.  Even at highest resolution and best quality (2560x1440, 32-bit color, quality slider set to max, "-fsaa4x" in launch_args.txt which I assume means 4x full screen antialiasing), load times are almost instantaneous.  It's kind of ridiculous, but I guess it is a decade-old game.  This update is super-incrediawesome.

Just to reiterate on some of the issues described here:

• vsync would be nice.  I see a lot of tearing when playing the game, but it's by no means a deal-breaker.
• I also experience the bug where Konoko acts like I stopped pressing the dash key in the middle of a dash.  Seems to happen about once every one or two minutes, when I run into the corner of something, or when a new objective/weapon/move notification appears.
• "Sparkle idling" bug is annoying

That's all I've got!  I've only replayed through level 5 so far, but no other problems!

#169 06/13/11 11:06

Dirk Gently
Website

yes, that is correct. stay tuned, it took a lot to get to this point, but work is far from finished yet.

#170 06/13/11 16:06

Iritscen

Thanks for chiming in, simX.  You'll definitely appreciate the final 1.1 release, which won't have the Sparkle bug.  And vsync shouldn't be long after that.

#171 06/13/11 17:06

jackoverfull
Website

simX wrote:

• "Sparkle idling" bug is annoying

So it's sparkle to cause that problem…good thing to know that, thanks.

I had the dashing problem too, not much tearing tough…

#172 06/13/11 18:06

EdT
Website

jackoverfull: I sent you email to your gmail account, please check

#173 06/13/11 18:06

jackoverfull
Website

EdT wrote:

jackoverfull: I sent you email to your gmail account, please check

Sorry, no trace of it, not even in the spam. hmm
I'm sure the mail in the profile is right, tough: the notification works perfectly.

Could you try again?

#174 06/18/11 19:06

simX

A few more things I've experienced after playing things for a while:

• In Level 9 (Regional State Building), there was a weird issue that occurred near the end of the level.  There's a place near the end composed of three levels that have locked doors, and you encounter a cutscene with Mukade when you open the last door on the top floor (see this screenshot for where I'm talking about: http://homepage.mac.com/simx/screenshot … evel_9.png ).  However, this section is protected by a bunch of lasers, which you should be able to disable.  The console that should disable the lasers (if I remember correctly, you go back out the way you came in to this section but via door on the third floor), though, is locked and doesn't work.  Am I remembering this incorrectly, or is something actually going wrong?  I searched around everywhere and couldn't find another possible console that could disable the lasers.

• Also mentioned before, if subtitles are enabled, they don't stay onscreen long enough for you to read them while the character is speaking her lines.  Would be nice to get that fixed.

• I've customized my "key_config.txt" file to match a Dvorak keyboard layout.  Specifically, this is what I have for the movement keys:

bind comma to forward
bind a to stepleft
bind o to backward
bind e to stepright
bind apostrophe to swap
bind period to drop
bind u to punch
bind j to kick
bind leftshift to crouch
bind rightshift to crouch

Problem is crouch + forward doesn't work anymore.  With these keybindings, crouch + left, right, and back all work correctly and allow me to sneak, but crouch + forward doesn't.  Crouch + forward with the default QWERTY keybindings works correctly, too.

• One other thing I've noticed which I think is a different behavior: when sliding (running + crouch), in the old Oni you used to be able to press the swap/pick up button ('q' in the default QWERTY bindings) while sliding in order to pick things up.  Now, that doesn't work.  I have to press the swap button *twice* in quick succession while sliding in order to pick things up.  Is this normal?

Last edited by simX (06/20/11 06:06)

#175 06/19/11 03:06

Yoriko

simX wrote:

A few more things I've experienced after playing things for a while:

• In Level 9 (Regional State Building), there was a weird issue that occurred near the end of the level.  There's a place near the end composed of three levels that have locked doors, and you encounter a cutscene with Mukade when you open the last door on the top floor (see this screenshot for where I'm talking about: http://homepage.mac.com/simx/screenshot … evel_9.png ).  However, this section is protected by a bunch of lasers, which you should be able to disable.  The console that should disable the lasers (if I remember correctly, you go back out the way you came in to this section but via door on the third floor), though, is locked and doesn't work.  Am I remembering this incorrectly, or is something actually going wrong?  I searched around everywhere and couldn't find another possible console that could disable the lasers.

After the cutscene with Konoko discovering her fathers file and you see Mukade on the top floor hacking into the system and downloading her fathers file on a disk which he runs away with, there will be two consoles available in the room you're in, one opens the doors to the room in the screenshot and the other activates the console that you can use to disable the lasers and open the other doors.
If that doesnt work, I dont know what to do. roll

Last edited by Yoriko (06/19/11 03:06)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

Board footer