Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 03/28/11 13:03

IronyTaken

Re: Better Displays - WIP

Iritscen wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:

I am not sure what hardware you are running, but there should be no slowdown in a 10-11 year old game+engine.

Please don't make assumptions that Oni should always run well on modern machines just because it's an old game.  The graphics engine is rather unusual.

Okay, thanks for the resize, Bozzman, I've uploaded the new package to the Depot: http://mods.oni2.net/node/174 .  I suggest placing that link in the first post of this thread (and also in the Authoritative thread that's stickied in the Mods forum).  Thanks for your contribution!  Thinking of doing any other texture work?

Yah I noticed that Oni was using a lot of my CPU although that could be because of some of the mods.
The game only uses around 14% of my GPU even with all the mods but my CPU likes to skyrocket sometimes.

The Witcher runs on a 2003 game engine yet in the trade quarter district it runs like crap.
So you can't always judge a game or game engine by it's age.

Last edited by IronyTaken (03/28/11 14:03)

#52 03/28/11 14:03

Bozzman

Iritscen wrote:

I suggest placing that link in the first post of this thread (and also in the Authoritative thread that's stickied in the Mods forum).  Thanks for your contribution!  Thinking of doing any other texture work?

Done
Done
You're Welcome!
Yes

Here take this hypo!

#53 03/28/11 14:03

Venom3

Hi Bozzman!

It is unbelievable! It just looks GREAT! Yes, I enjoyed big_smile

So I want to ask you something...

I'm doing the HD Mod (http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1596&p=2) and it would be great if you would allow me to use your modification in mine. Of course I'll give you a credit wink Because I the doors and the console signs already, but yours look a lot better wink
It would be great if you allow me this.

-Venom

#54 03/28/11 15:03

Samer
Website

Dirk Gently wrote:

I am not sure what hardware you are running, but there should be no slowdown in a 10-11 year old game+engine.

smile smile smile smile let's say i can run newest games with highest settings without a problem smile
I didn't say i have slow down big_smile it runs very well for me, but, i was saying bigger resolutions can cause unnecessary slow down, that's a fact smile i wasn't talking about my own computer was just making a suggestion so that the package is useful for all users with different machines.

it's not always the computer's fault, buffer overflows when a slightly higher detailed model is used in Oni for example. Konoko HD model appears with a sleeveless force field sometimes, buffer overflows when particle trails appear in the dream lab.

anyway tc .. a pleasure as always dirk.

and thanks for taking the suggestion into consideration Bozzman, waiting to see more from u smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#55 03/28/11 15:03

TOCS

Yeah. That buffer overflow thing needs a fix. hmm I get it rather often on higher detailed levels, like the HQ version of Airport.

#56 03/28/11 16:03

Lithium

Nice package man, I'm loving it big_smile

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#57 03/28/11 17:03

Bozzman

Venom3 wrote:

and it would be great if you would allow me to use your modification in mine. Of course I'll give you a credit wink Because I the doors and the console signs already, but yours look a lot better wink
It would be great if you allow me this.

You may if you wish - but bear in mind it will add an additional 30MB minimum on your download. Wouldn't it be easier to just recommend it as a link? As some may have it already when yours is complete?

Here take this hypo!

#58 03/28/11 18:03

EdT
Website

Great work on the consoles and doors!

#59 03/28/11 23:03

IronyTaken

I made a video recording of the Warehouse that includes your textures.

Too bad youtube compresses videos so much they end up being pixelated even in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGya1_ktUEY&hd=1

Great work on the textures btw.

#60 03/29/11 09:03

matteoiamma2
Website

Good Work, Player wink

#61 03/30/11 15:03

Gumby

Dirk Gently wrote:

There can be. The engine doesn't have the 10-11 extra years of graphics optimization that current engines have.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer