Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/14/11 18:03

Yoriko

I cant install the AE version

Whenever I try to extract The AE pc edition to the Oni folder I get an astounishing ammount of errors (3320 to be exact)

I'm running a windows 7 operative system.

Any ideas?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#2 03/15/11 00:03

Gumby

Re: I cant install the AE version

What type of errors?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 03/15/11 07:03

Yoriko

I'm trying to install this AE version http://mods.oni2.net/node/79, When I try to extract it to the Oni folder it says it can't find the search way and Cannot create folder Edition/install/packages

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#4 03/15/11 09:03

TOCS

It really sounds like your PC is screwed. tongue These strange problems sounds fishy to me. Have you considered doing a format sometime? smile

#5 03/15/11 09:03

Iritscen

Sounds like a permissions problem to me, like in the other recent thread.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 03/15/11 13:03

Gumby

Try putting the package in the updates\ folder

#7 03/16/11 12:03

Yoriko

Iritscen: I couldnt agree more

Gumby: What update/ folder?

#8 03/16/11 14:03

Gumby

er, Edition\updates?

#9 03/18/11 12:03

Yoriko

I havent installed any previous AE so I dont have an update folder yet

#10 03/18/11 12:03

Gumby

Oh, sorry, misinterpeted what you were trying to do. Try this: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 396#p31396 but with the Oni folder.

#11 04/21/11 17:04

Yoriko

Should I download the AE full or AE patch? What is the difference beetween the two of them?

#12 04/21/11 17:04

TOCS

If you haven't installed any previous versions of AE, get the full version. A patch is basicly just another word for update. smile

#13 04/21/11 18:04

Yoriko

Lovely, in the AE installer it says:Warning, exception boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: the pathway cannot be found.

I dont speak computer language, any idea what I may have done wrong?

What do I need to do to get the AE installer to work?
I've managed to extract the AE edition and gotten an edition folder inside my Oni folder that has a gamedatafolder, packages, updates aswell as another Oni exe. Is this right?

Last edited by Yoriko (04/21/11 18:04)

#14 04/22/11 04:04

TOCS

Looks like you didn't extract the edition folder to the root of your Oni directory.

You see it tells you "the pathway cannot be found." which means you probably placed the edition folder elsewhere than you should. wink

#15 04/22/11 06:04

Yoriko

I extracted it to the main Oni folder -.-

Last edited by Yoriko (04/22/11 06:04)

#16 04/22/11 06:04

TOCS

Yoriko, if you follow the exact instructions of the readme stored inside the edition archive it shouldn't be a problem. hmm
If you still don't have administration rights to anything on your computer, you might want to get it. Because I believe that you'll need it, in order to avoid these problems.

I'm seriously wondering how you installed Oni in the first place. yikes

#17 04/22/11 08:04

Yoriko

You will have to globalize before you can install mods for the first time, which could take up to half an hour.
The globalisation for me took 4 seconds hmm

#18 04/22/11 08:04

Iritscen

Yeah, then something definitely went wrong.  Have we addressed the possibility of a permissions issue?  You should check the status of the Oni folder to see if it is locked, or make sure you have Administrator privileges on your account.

#19 04/22/11 08:04

Yoriko

The permission issues are no issues anymore, I have complete access to anything inside the main Oni folder

#20 04/22/11 08:04

Yoriko

From what I know there are 15 steps to downloading a mod in the AE installer correct? Well it gets to the 15th step then it stops and gives me this error: Warning, exception boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: the pathway cannot be found.

#21 04/22/11 08:04

Yoriko

Is it absolutely neccesary for my computer to have net? When I try to download it it says it's not supported on a 64-bit operative system

#22 04/22/11 09:04

Iritscen

Hrm, can you post the install.log file from the Edition/install/ folder?

#23 04/22/11 09:04

Yoriko

Warning, exception boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: Det går inte att hitta sökvägen: "..\GameDataFolder\IGMD\"!

#24 04/22/11 10:04

Iritscen

Oh, so that's the path it can't find.  And you can confirm that the path actually exists?  Oni/GameDataFolder/IGMD/?

#25 04/22/11 11:04

Yoriko

Yes, the IGMD folder exists and is located right there.

Board footer