Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/28/11 14:02

Nitr0

Oni doesn't start well

I was doing some new moves for Oni. I made them and I made a package to test them. I installed the package and when I tried to open Oni screen just flashes and that's it... I unistalled the package, it opened and when I installed it again it didn't work again hmm

I don't know are you going to need this to fix this problem but here's a "debbuger.txt":

level 0: Can't load header
Error 1 reported from File: F:\BungieDevelopment\BungieSource\BungieFrameWork\BFW_Source\BFW_TemplateManager\BFW_TM_Game.c, Line: 2888 (message follows) 
This level is not valid
Error 1 reported from File: F:\BungieDevelopment\BungieSource\OniProj\OniGameSource\Oni_Level.c, Line: 405 (message follows) 
Could not load level 0
Error 1 reported from File: F:\BungieDevelopment\BungieSource\OniProj\OniGameSource\Oni.c, Line: 943 (message follows) 
Could not load level zero

Here is just a part of "startup.txt" which may be useful:

Got Level Info for level0_Final.dat.
Invalid Level level0_Final.dat

Ninjabar thin

#2 02/28/11 15:02

TOCS

Re: Oni doesn't start well

Looks like you messed up the vanilla data?

#3 02/28/11 15:02

Gumby

If Installing without the new package doesn't work, reglobalize.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 03/01/11 05:03

Nitr0

hmm...
@TOCS: I didn't do anything except making and installing package...
@Gumby: I wrote that when I uninstall the package everything works, but I need to test that move...

Ninjabar thin

#5 03/01/11 05:03

Gumby

Ok. Upload the package.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#6 03/01/11 05:03

Nitr0

Here:

Ninjabar thin

#7 03/01/11 12:03

paradox-01

I think that your problem might come from "quaternion." Looks like animations use only <EKey> (euler?) and you
changed that in ModTools creating a dae with <QKey> (quaternion?).

#8 03/01/11 13:03

Nitr0

I didn't change anything hmm
I just put the animation xml in OniSplit GUI and imported it to .oni file. I didn't do anything else. Is there anything I need to change in OniSplit or elsewhere?

Ninjabar thin

#9 03/01/11 16:03

paradox-01

Dunno. Maybe you hit the option accidentally. (see attachment)

See if you get euler keys by 1) selecting all bones and their keys (by animation editor > dope sheet) 2) then using "convert quaternion rotation to euler" 3) and then saving file as dae and repeating the xml creation.

#10 03/01/11 17:03

Nitr0

I tried to do that and it works on throw_bk animation. I have some problems when I try to do it on throw_bk_tgt animation because I can't pull the pelvis down hmm I try to pull the pelvis on the in which it must be on the "floor" and I make the keyframe, my model is in the "floor" on first frame... Then I pulled it back up on first frame and then he (striker in this case) falls down in the air o.O?

Ninjabar thin

#11 03/01/11 17:03

Samer
Website

mm actually i think any custom animation when u import the dae onisplit imports it with Qkey ... i checked the animations mukade made as xml they had Qkey not Ekey .. and i recently made some new animations for hayate they also got QKey .. (following the steps EdT had in his tutorial .. saving animation as dae .. and in the xml adding daeimport flag then converting that xml to oni.) if u convert that oni back to xml u get Qkey tags.

and actually when i tried to use the euler option before ( i didn't know what it did :\  was curious) and then converted the animation and tried to test .. oni didn't start at all.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#12 03/01/11 17:03

Nitr0

I don't know Samer, I did everything same as it says in EdT's tutorial. I made some animations before, they worked in Oni, but they didn't looked well because I didn't know how to work in XSI (I still don't know but I know more than I known then) ...

Ninjabar thin

#13 03/01/11 19:03

EdT
Website

Could you post the dae files for the TRAMs.  If I look at them in XSI, I may see what's wrong with them.

#14 03/02/11 01:03

paradox-01

I hadn't good experiences with qkeys that's why they were my first guess. But if you say they are no problem, fine.

#15 03/02/11 05:03

Nitr0

@EdT:

Last edited by Nitr0 (03/02/11 05:03)

Ninjabar thin

#16 03/02/11 09:03

paradox-01

Over here 107 keys seems to be the maximum Oni can take. Because of that strange number I would like someone to confirm it. (In the attachment you can find one file with 107 and one with 108 keys. Only install one of them at a time let us what happen.)

#17 03/02/11 11:03

EdT
Website

I see one problem, the body parts are children to the scene root:

XSI_SceneRoot.jpg

It should look more like this:

xsi_schematic.jpg

You need to use the Constrain tab, select pelvis and then click on the Cut button to break the relationship.

Paradox: the file with 107 keys worked, while 108 produced an error message.

Nitr0: try reducing the number of frames in the animation, maybe down to 120.  Also, I noticed that the tgt TRAM has more frames, I don't know if that makes a difference. The animation you made looks cool, I hope you can make it work.

Last edited by EdT (03/02/11 11:03)

#18 03/02/11 13:03

Nitr0

When I extracted animation it had 140 frames... I'll try to reduce it but I'm not sure how to do it. If I reduce frames I must make some changes in throw, right?
@EdT: I always delete Scene_Root, light, etc. and when I open it again, XSI shows me that part again.

Ninjabar thin

#19 03/02/11 13:03

Delano762
Website

EdT wrote:

Also, I noticed that the tgt TRAM has more frames, I don't know if that makes a difference.

I don't think that this could be a problem. Vanilla throw TRAMs have different amount of frames, for example MURCOMrun_thw_fw has 70 frames and tgt TRAM of it has 164 frames, if I did my math right. And everything works like in a swiss watch (on a chinese license).

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#20 03/02/11 14:03

EdT
Website

Nitr0: Just make sure that the pelvis is not linked to the scene root as shown in the first screenshot.

Delano762: Thanks for the info on tgt TRAM frames.

EDIT:  It could be an OniSplit issue.  I extracted the original TRAMSTRCOMthrow_bk as dae. Imported to XSI, then exported as dae, then imported back to Oni.  I got the same error message as Nitr0's TRAM.

EDIT2: I reduced the number of frames to 105 for both TRAMs, exported as dae, imported into Oni and the TRAMs work. smile  The reduction of frames did not drastically affect the move. Remember 60 frames equals 1 sec of animation, so cutting from 140 to 105 frames made the animation 1/2 second shorter.

Last edited by EdT (03/02/11 21:03)

#21 03/03/11 05:03

Nitr0

EdT can you send me that animations? big_smile

Ninjabar thin

#22 03/03/11 06:03

Nitr0

When I delete Scene_Root and that part and export file as .dae, I open it again and it shows me that... What should I do, do I need to delete it or I can import it to .oni like that?

Ninjabar thin

#23 03/03/11 10:03

paradox-01

I believe that one scene root is okay but not multiple, but I'm not too sure.
To be on the safe side you should right-click the model (that selects all 19 bones), then you go to the crosswalk seettings, check "Selection Only" and save the file.

#24 03/03/11 12:03

Nitr0

I did that earlier and I had all body parts on one place, they weren't parented hmm

Ninjabar thin

#25 03/03/11 13:03

Delano762
Website

Nitr0 wrote:
Line: 2888 (message follows) 
Line: 405 (message follows) 
Line: 943 (message follows) 

Hmmm... Maybe this is a clue?

Last edited by Delano762 (03/03/11 14:03)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

Board footer