Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 02/15/11 12:02

Samer
Website

Re: Hit Foot Ouch

How do u edit the tram of a move so it knocks the enemy down. like konoko's p_p_p
for example i have a move with hit type knockdownhead .. yet even when it hits successfully it's not causing knockdown. ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#27 02/15/11 14:02

Loser

First make double sure you are using correct AnimType.
Second, make sure the move has under 20 frames in 0x14 field in attack part HERE (sry, I am old school HEX guy, not familiar with OniSplit XML format), otherwise it will cause stagger instead (hardcoded mechanics). Personally I use value "5" in 0x14 field when I work with knockdown hit responses.

Last edited by Loser (02/15/11 14:02)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#28 02/15/11 15:02

Samer
Website

thanks Loser smile it's the <HitLength>...</HitLength> field in xml . it works now thank u
since u're here big_smile another question .. what's the difference between atomic and non atomic ? i didn't see any noticeable change when i changed it.

Last edited by Samer (08/15/12 22:08)

#29 02/15/11 17:02

Mukade

Yeah, I've always wondered about that same thing

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#30 02/27/11 15:02

Samer
Website

is there a hittype that can make the enemy hold his head in his hands like the effect of the VDG ?

Last edited by Samer (02/27/11 15:02)

#31 02/27/11 16:02

Loser

AnimType 212 - Stun
But I don't recall if it can be used as a valid hit response, since corresponding TRAM should link to AnimState 67 - Stunned. Maybe adding shortcut to stance anim is a good idea. Or creating new anim for non-WDG stun.

WDG stagger mechanics are a bit tricky - WDG PAR3D hit makes target character play Stagger animation at selected length (set in PAR3D, affected by corresponding coefficient in ONCC). If length of stun time exceeds one full duration of Stagger anim, engine picks Stun anim and loops it for the rest of the timer.

EDIT: Regarding ATOMIC moves - Greek word "atomos" - indivisible. I guess original idea behind this flag was to distinguish between TRAMs which can be interrupted on user command (standing, running, crouching, sprinting) and TRAMs which cannot be (hit response TRAMs, attack TRAMs). Well, things went a bit wild and as far as I remember some AnimType IDs have implicit ATOMIC status - you won't be able to make them interruptible by user.

My opinion regarding ATOMIC flag - when creating attacks or hit responses, always include this flag. There is a possibility it is somehow linked to AI reactions, although I have never observed it.

Last edited by Loser (02/27/11 16:02)

#32 02/27/11 16:02

Samer
Website

ouh sorry i was too impatient and sent u a pm asking the same thing ... i did try "stun" before as the hit type .. and it converted ok but it didn't give that hold head animation i was hoping for .. the enemy just got back a few steps

is there a list of all possible hitypes ? or Animtypes

Last edited by Samer (02/27/11 16:02)

#33 02/27/11 16:02

Loser

Gumby already told you but here, repost:
http://geyser.oni2.net/anim/type.txt
Use it for good...portion of chaos.

Or you can use Molten's PDF, but beware - he did a mistake and labeled all types from 1, they should start from 0. So always subtract 1 when using given Type (when it says 23 - Punch, you have to use 22).
http://loser.oni2.net/Junkyard/Animations.pdf

Last edited by Loser (02/27/11 16:02)

#34 02/27/11 17:02

paradox-01

#35 01/04/12 19:01

Yoriko

How is the progress with this? The ability to stagger all enemies (except the ones who cant feel pain: ex. Tankers and bots) would be nice. I always try to pull of the willow kick at least once when I'm fighting a single strong opponent or a boss.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#36 01/15/12 18:01

Samer
Website

it already works on all enemies except females and bots with the ''Jewel fix'' package by Striker and I, u can find it on the depot

Board footer