Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/14/11 02:02

Samer
Website

NEW CHARACTER: ** Hayate ** Version 3.5 updated on 01/07/2022

Hayate is an agile, modern, yet classic warrior. He is Hanako's partner.

The character comes with 8 outfits:
Red
White
Classic (Syndicate)
Black (Samurai)
Modern (Jacket)
Suit
Dante cosplay
Yellow (Mortal Kombat inspired)

It also adds his 3 minions: Easy, Med, and Hard variants.

In addition to:
-Custom Sounds including Taunts, Super Kick and Punch sounds, forward punch, Hurt, Alert, Startle, Pursue, and Check body sounds for Hayate and different ones for his minions as well. His yellow outfit also has a bonus taunt. The super punch and kick sounds are by TheCreature.
-Custom flying portraits
-Custom Daodan glow (chenille) made by Paradox

-Custom made moves :
the heavy kick is made by Paradox
the running kick throw is by Andrew
in addition to other moves by myself.

Check this video that showcases all his new combos, animations, and outfits: https://youtu.be/rpSb8VJu9Ec

t7maZ2x.png
fro82VZ.jpg
YXOYWxF.png
mGUAnM2.png

Version 3.5 Change Log 01/07/2022

Complete rework of his moveset.

=New Combos with new animations added:
-PPKK: a powerful move that does Half damage if blocked, with a stylish landing that leaves you a bit vulnerable to balance it out.
-PKK and PKP moves:  1st is high damage blockable, 2nd is lower damage but a block breaker.
- Back Forwad Punch: NUTCRACKER! Inspired by MK's Johnny Cage's nut cracker move, causes hitjewels effect and now also affects females with a custom hit effect animation.
-Right and Left forwad kicks (Twister Kicks): Dodge and attack at same time.

=New animations for existing combos:
-New triple punch,
-New triple kick, 
-New forward, running, and directional punches 
-New forward and running kick.
-NEW THROWS: back throw, running punch throw, standing kick and standing punch throws.
-New Heavy Punch - 2 hit move with long range (Dragon Fury).
-Low punch: a quick 2 hit move.
-Low kick. 
-New DODGE animations.
-New taunt animation.
-Heavy kick now hits twice.

Changed the sound for the Forward Punch.

Adjusted the volume for Hayate Minions' taunts.

---------------------------------------------
Version 3.0 Change Log 03/03/2022

- Changed his look (New head mesh and facial texture) on all outfits.
- Added a new yellow (Mortal Kombat inspired) outfit
- Modified his Red oufit and Dante cosplay outfit.
- Added NEW SOUNDS for Hayate and DIFFERENT ones for his Minions.  Including: taunts, fw punch, alert, startle, pursue, hurt, and check body sounds. (His super moves sound remain from the previous version). P.S His yellow outfit has a bonus taunt.
- Gave him 2 custom Flying Portraits. Can be used in cutscenes HAY1talking or HAY2talking.
- Each outfit now has different contrails and hit impacts (using vanilla ones)

- The ONCV is now included in the package and patched to the ONVL
- Particle count reduction from 10 custom particles to 2. (By eliminating the custom contrail and hit impact, but keeping the custom chenille)
- Cleaned up all models, and now all models have lower LODS.
- Left over glass particle references were removed from all TRAMS.
- Removed the unused sword weapon.
---------------‐----------------------------

Version 2.1 Change Log 10/06/2013
-Added a classic \ syndicate outfit
-fixed bug with throws on vdg stunned enemies
-fixed bug with picking up pistols by the wrong hand
-Improved heavy punch animation and effect
-Improved forward punch

Version 2.0 Change Log 
-Added 4 new outfits (suit, dante, purple, black)
-Various improvements to the red and white outfit
-Added Hayate minions
-Replaced Ninja run throws with Konoko's
-Replaced forward punch
-Made dragon claw move a 2 hit move
-Changed character variant

Download package 23610Hayate through the AEinstaller.
mod depot page: http://mods.oni2.net/node/180

Last edited by Samer (07/01/22 11:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 02/14/11 04:02

Gumby

Re: NEW CHARACTER: ** Hayate ** Version 3.5 updated on 01/07/2022

I'd recommend going with a much shorter ponytail (not even a ponytail, I don't recall the name of the style I'm thinking of) as otherwise it will look like he has hairgel in. Nice tattoo, though it kind of looks odd compared to the low resolution eyes and such next to it. I'd also recommend scrapping the dagger, as it looks sort of out of place, imo.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 02/14/11 06:02

Iritscen

Wow, nice work!  He looks like a kung fu master.  I guess Gumby's saying that the ponytail will stick out behind him during some animations, is that right, Gumby?  I'm not sure it will be that noticeable, though.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 02/14/11 07:02

love_Oni

So which moveset you gonna pick for him? Or there will be a whole brand new moves collection?

Or you haven't even think about that? smile

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#5 02/14/11 09:02

Samer
Website

Gumby wrote:

I'd recommend going with a much shorter ponytail (not even a ponytail, I don't recall the name of the style I'm thinking of) as otherwise it will look like he has hairgel in. Nice tattoo, though it kind of looks odd compared to the low resolution eyes and such next to it. I'd also recommend scrapping the dagger, as it looks sort of out of place, imo.

I can shorten the ponytail yes. it has some noticeable problems when he's running and if he crouches and raises his head. same problems that the Lara croft model EdT imported has. so i still might decrease the ponytail length and even move it a bit away from the back. i don't agree about the hairgel part it's meant to look like his hair is pulled to the back which i think it does.

and i disagree about the tattoo the face is high resolution as well though, i had to decrease the color format of the face beacuse higher color format somehow made it look very polygony, i'm working with a low polygon count face to begin with. i can blur the tattoo a bit but that would make it harder to notice than it already is, the character's face will never look that close in game. and even that close i don't see a big difference.

the dagger mmm i can perhaps incorporate it a bit more into the pelvis and change the gold color to match the other gold, and add a strip or something over it, but otherwise i'm keeping it. i have plans for it.

Iritscen wrote:

Wow, nice work!  He looks like a kung fu master.  I guess Gumby's saying that the ponytail will stick out behind him during some animations, is that right, Gumby?  I'm not sure it will be that noticeable, though.

thanks Iritscen ^^ that's the look i was hoping for. the problem is sometimes the ponytail sticks into his chest big_smile :\ i'll have to shorten it enough and twist it somehow in order not penetrate the chest noticeably a lot. but in the end no matter what i do it will still have some little bugs, that's all we can do in Oni, but i'm not removing the ponytail it's his unique thing tongue

loveOni smile the movesets are going to be fast ... ninja most dominant, a bit of muro's, furies and a couple of custom unique animations made by Mukade. a unique heavy kick hopefully.

#6 02/14/11 12:02

EdT
Website

I thought that ponytail looked familiar tongue

That a great looking character, unique to the the Oni universe.  Maybe the Typhoon can team up with Hayate.

Very creative.

#7 02/14/11 12:02

Nausicaä

I think your kung-fu master looks great ! The top part at least.
But the enormous yellow boots are just... Breaking the whole thing as I feel it.

#8 02/14/11 17:02

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

the dagger mmm i can perhaps incorporate it a bit more into the pelvis and change the gold color to match the other gold, and add a strip or something over it, but otherwise i'm keeping it. i have plans for it.

I thought it looked fine as-is, personally.  It's not distracting or anything (except in the sense of "Man, I wish I could use that" wink).

the problem is sometimes the ponytail sticks into his chest big_smile :\ i'll have to shorten it enough and twist it somehow in order not penetrate the chest noticeably a lot. but in the end no matter what i do it will still have some little bugs, that's all we can do in Oni

Yes, there are various limitations that we just have to deal with.  Nowadays a character's ponytail would swing around with dynamic physics as he moved, but considering the game is from 2001, no one's expecting characters who look like they're from 2011.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 02/14/11 18:02

Mukade

Ohhh, I just knew he'd bring me into this wink
Np Samer, I'll bear him in mind if when I choose which move to make next, and keep his "style" in mind.

@Gumby, I think the hairstyle you're refering to is a "top-knot" like so:
008-samurai-jack.jpg

This obviously is a really skinny, and cartoon looking top-knot, it would have to be a lot thicker on the character, but the top-knot is an almost steretypical hairstyle for such a character. Plus, Samurai Jack is just cool, which is why I posted this pic wink

EDIT: Damn, that image is a bit big, hope no1 minds >_>

Last edited by Mukade (02/14/11 18:02)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#10 02/14/11 18:02

Samer
Website

mm yeah i can't do that with his hair :\

Mukade i was referring to the prince of persia heavy kick that u liked tongue

#11 02/14/11 18:02

Mukade

I thought you might have been wink

I dunno the reasons why you can't do his hair like that, but if it helps, caus that pic isn't a good indication, a top knot is essentially (i believe) a short ponytail that is folded in half, and tied up like that

Last edited by Mukade (02/14/11 18:02)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#12 02/14/11 18:02

Samer
Website

cz i already merged the TRBS it will require me to start over isolating lara's ponytail again which took forever, there are a lot of intersecting edges, moving the ponytails u'vs so that they don't intersect with the uvs of the head, rotating it upside down, which isn't easy, merging it to the head again saving as fbx then converting to dae then converting to oni. + i didn't really like that hair style :$ tongue

#13 02/14/11 19:02

Samer
Website

EdT wrote:

I thought that ponytail looked familiar tongue

That a great looking character, unique to the the Oni universe.  Maybe the Typhoon can team up with Hayate.

Very creative.

thank u ^_^ ! i like the teaming up idea lot big_smile they can be a team on their own the agile kung fo master and the strong typhoon ^^

Iritscen wrote:

I thought it looked fine as-is, personally.  It's not distracting or anything (except in the sense of "Man, I wish I could use that" wink).

thanks Iritscen smile I'm a big fan of Prince of Persia so, i'm kinda influenced by it in designing tongue the dagger of time.

Iritscen wrote:

Yes, there are various limitations that we just have to deal with.  Nowadays a character's ponytail would swing around with dynamic physics as he moved,

yeah wish we could do that sad

Nausicaä wrote:

I think your kung-fu master looks great ! The top part at least.
But the enormous yellow boots are just... Breaking the whole thing as I feel it.

thanks smile i was hesitant about the boots as well, however i tried grey color same as original ninja .. it didn't look good with 4 colors (red yellow black and grey)
i tried them in black, the top part became the center of attention more than it should, and they just didn't look good either in black
i also tried a lighter yellow.
i finally settled on the gold same as the other golden parts, but i didn't add reflectivity so that they won't be the center of attention . big_smile :\

#14 02/16/11 20:02

Phydur

i cant help but think of the combat butler, because of the name.
830197.jpg
(just image google 'Hayate the combat butler' if the image ever stops working.)
top left, obviously.

anyway thats what i thought it was when i first saw the thread title.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#15 02/16/11 23:02

Samer
Website

never heard of him :\ actually when i was researching ... i found this hayate : (waw this thread is getting so many irrelevant pics neutral )
hayate2.jpgHayate_2.jpg

i really liked his look and i'm very tempted to make another hayate look that resembles that one.

i initially planned to name the one i made diagon or something that sounds like dragon tongue then i remembered that i read a name that starts with h on the forum.

#16 02/17/11 00:02

Lithium

SPOILERS:The Hayate on the left is killed

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#17 02/17/11 18:02

Lukas Kreator

Hey, Samer, all your characters are great, but there is something that annoys me ocasionally. The lack of voice on the taunts. For example with Dr. Hasegawa, I know it won't be 'realistic' if you add him a common scientist voice, but it is even less realistic without voice at all. There's no fun in taunting if you won't humillate your enemy tongue

This is just a suggestion, if you don't want to set voices for them, I might try to put some default ones for some characters myself...

#18 02/17/11 22:02

Mukade

Make it so that the taunt is non vocal, he just flips them off big_smile

No, I know that's not how the hands work, but it would be funny. Or just do the arm version of the flipoff >_>

#19 02/17/11 22:02

Lithium

We should add some sort of T-baggin animation for flatline

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#20 02/18/11 00:02

Mukade

That's not elegant enough ^_^

#21 02/18/11 00:02

Samer
Website

I think only dr hasegawa and jamie don't have taunt voices ... it wouldn't make sense for him to say renegade ... or come on or whatever or you're gonna got beat by a girl or to have com guys voice... tongue

shinatama bot has custom taunts, casey has cops taunts, kojiro has comguys, jubei and akane ... all of them have taunts but i didn't know what to select for james and jamie if u have any suggestions tell me tongue also all original game male and female scientists don't have taunt voices.  ouh and the bgi agents don't have taunts either.

what annoys me more is that they lack super move voices tongue . I wish i could give them super move voices.
just yesterday i was trying to find a program to read what i type in a selected tone to which u can add effects ... i was thinking casey's super moves he should say : LION RAGE for the kick tongue FISTS OF JUSTICE for the super punch, but even cops and muro don't say anything with supers... and there was no luck in finding such a program sad

sooo i have a suggestion big_smile how about we record new sounds for them ? ^_^ does anyone have a theatrical voice tongue or a voice that seems that it would fit in Oni ?

jame's taunts can be like : I'll dissect u  ! or something sciencey tongue jamie can be all like : this is for the environment !!! tongue  or something idk i'm open to suggestions if u like the idea tongue

so anyone interested and thinks that he\she can pull it off big_smile ? record some custom taunts and some super move lines .. they have to be clear and high quality and i'll convert them and add effects later.

give me ur feedback on the idea and comments here : http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1311&p=9 ... i wanna keep this thread for hayate updates and this discussion can get lengthy tongue

edit @ oxe : i didn't know what t-bagging was till i just googled it o_O yikes i hope u were kidding big_smile tongue

Last edited by Samer (02/18/11 00:02)

#22 02/18/11 06:02

Nitr0

If you'r going to make some female character, I can get my sister to do it lol lol

Ninjabar thin

#23 02/18/11 07:02

Samer
Website

yeah i need a voice for jamie tongue but let's continue it on the various character project discussion ^_^

#24 02/18/11 13:02

Mukade

Yeah, but I think you'd need some slightly higher end recording equipment, or the sound quality would be awful, background noise and whatnot.

To tell the truth, I always found the voices on the Super Moves extremely cheesy, but it would be nice to have new taunts. I wish we could duplicate their voices digitally as well, then, if we were to make new levels, or even maybe Machinima in the future, we could add dialogue tongue

#25 02/20/11 17:02

Lukas Kreator

Synthetized voices could be cool, but if you can find good equipment that is even better. I incentive both, whatever you choose. And thanks for reading and writing such a looong post smile

But about James' taunt, I would suggest some epic commentary, like if he was very wise... But "I'll dissect you" is very funny too XD

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (02/20/11 17:02)

Board footer