Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/17/08 01:11

Gumby

Join the AE team!

This recruitment message was written back when we wanted new content to be created under the banner of the "AE".  Now, all new content is third-party and simply installs through the AE Installer.  To learn how to mod, you can start with this wiki article.

If you would like to help make Oni a better game, sign up here - http://wiki.oni2.net/Anniversary_Edition/Team

We are looking for a variety of skills, from modeling to coding. If you think you can help out, feel free to join.

Last edited by Iritscen (05/24/13 08:05)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#2 02/13/11 22:02

Samer
Website

Re: Join the AE team!

question . how do i sign in to the wiki or create an account .. all i see is, a 'log in' link. I haven't made an account before .. yet whatever name i type it says there is no user by that name .
Example:
Login error
There is no user by the name "samer". Check your spelling.

Last edited by Samer (02/13/11 22:02)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 02/13/11 23:02

Gumby

Umm...I thnk it got removed temporarily during a war with the AIs. I'll get in touch with Alloc.

#4 02/14/11 01:02

brilliant

I wish I could, but I'm pretty busy. Anything else other than coding and modeling?

#5 02/14/11 02:02

Gumby

Texturing? Anything pretty much. You could try mapping but I don't recommend it.

#6 02/14/11 02:02

brilliant

Yeah I had thought about mapping, but it seems complicated. I haven't had a chance to sit down and really learn how to do it, just quickly reading a bit about it. If it is hard to map, will it get any simpler in the future? I think it would be great to have third party maps for online play now that it is making great progress.

#7 02/14/11 04:02

Gumby

Well all mapping is done in XSI...so its basically modeling. tongue But the main difficulty comes with making maps that Onisplit will convert properly, I guess.

#8 02/14/11 04:02

Nitr0

How can I join? Just registering or?

Ninjabar thin

#9 02/14/11 13:02

Delano762
Website

My main skill is video editing/Sony Vegas. Apart from that, I've started with Blender few days ago because I need a better model of Konoko in Gmod big_smile (lip sync and working fingers required).

Last edited by Delano762 (02/14/11 13:02)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#10 02/14/11 15:02

Dirk Gently
Website

does my development work make me an adjunct member?

#11 02/14/11 15:02

Gumby

The "AE Team" is pretty much just a name to say, "hey, I contribute to the Oni modding community". At least in my view. So, yes. smile

#12 02/14/11 17:02

Samer
Website

Finally i was able to register, thanks if u fixed it Gumby smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#13 02/14/11 18:02

Mukade

Well, AE team is sorta the "official" modding team, or as official as one can get in a fan-base. Just 'cause you're not on the E team doesn't mean you can't mod -_-

Hurrah for bumping this post Samer, lol, its always good to bump something like this, even if that wasn't the intention, so newer members can see it and sign up

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#14 02/28/11 07:02

Duncan

I haven't been here for quite some time (had to re-register as my old account has been removed - same login). Just wonted to say that I am utmost impressed by both Flatline and AE projects. Well done.

Would love to contribute in some way, but my abilities are limited to more web related coding (html,php, databases etc). I'm also quite skilled Flex developer. So if there is a need for some RIA or hosting - hit me up. I'm also working with quite talented graphic/designer, I could ask her if she's interested in some concept art maybe?

Again, good job. I will follow this board closely from now on.

#15 02/28/11 16:02

Iritscen

Hi Duncan (you didn't lose old posts, did you? did your old account have zero posts?).  I don't think that we have a need for web coding for the AE now, but it's possible that will change by year-end.  By the way, I don't suppose you've done any work with Drupal?

I will say, though, that I'll probably be announcing some "job openings" soon for a certain AE project, so stay tuned, folks.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#16 02/28/11 18:02

Duncan

Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, Symphony - you name it. Worked with pretty much every major CMS (close to 10years in web-dev environment). Like I said if you need anything along those lines let me know. I might help with web hosting too, will see.

As for the posts, I wasn't very active in the first place anyway but can't find my profile in both of the archived forums.

#17 02/28/11 19:02

Iritscen

Duncan wrote:

Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, Symphony - you name it.

Oh, cool.  I'm thinking that you might be able to help me resolve a long-standing bug in a Drupal module which the Mod Depot uses to count downloads.  The author might eventually fix it, so it's not worth spending a long time on, but maybe we can at least chat about it a little and see if there's a reasonably simple solution.  It's not the AE, but it would benefit the community in a small way.  If you're interested, PM me and I can explain the issue.

As for the posts, I wasn't very active in the first place anyway but can't find my profile in both of the archived forums.

Hmm, well the archived forums have not been altered in any way since they were archived, as far as I know.  I don't know, maybe you used a different user name than you thought you did?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#18 03/05/11 15:03

SektorZ
Website

All I can help with is developing music for the edition, so I doubt I am needed here.
But since you mentioned Drupal for some reason (too lazy to read everything), I've been working with it for over 4 years, so if I can be useful with that... I can still help.

Last edited by SektorZ (03/05/11 15:03)

#19 04/18/11 05:04

MyKa4eB0
Website

Can I help? Scripts and textures are things that I can do ^_^
My English very bad but Geyser or Demos help me with translations.

Geyser Thank u for your help. Now i'm a good scripter

Board footer