Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/20/07 20:10

mar12duk

one more problem

Ok, on XP pro i was able to change the key configuration, but I cant find where to do this on Vista, when I open the file for oni i dont see the "key_config.txt" where else can i look ??.
thanks in advance

#2 10/20/07 20:10

EdT
Website

Re: one more problem

It should be in the Oni folder where the program resides.

#3 10/20/07 20:10

Magus
Website

Yeah the installer is pretty basic, it most likely doesn't even realize it's installing to a different OS everything should still be located in the same places.

The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.
- Sun Tzu

#4 10/20/07 21:10

mar12duk

when i open the folder, all i find is this :

Oni Gamedate folder   (all that has are the levels)
Binkw32.dll
Oni (game application)
Oni (inernet shortcut)
read me (text document)
unistal (text document)

is ther anywhere else i should look ?

#5 10/20/07 21:10

Magus
Website

have you actually started the game and run it through a level yet... anyhow my root folder
blinw32.dll
liscense.txt
oni.htm
readme.txt
RegisterOni.htm
Uninst.isu
Debugger.txt
startup.txt
key_cofig.txt
persist.dat
Oni.exe
vtuneapi.dll <--- added that myself.

Did you install from a original disc or are you using a aftermarket installer that was trimmed for size, the disc is about 615 megs, though I know there are some trims out there that are about 380megs on the net for download.. I don't know what they did to trim those copies down, but your missing key_config could be explained by that. I think the debugger.txt was generated when I was trying to open oni before adding the xp patched exe file though. So that may not be typical either... seems your missing several files though.

Last edited by Magus (10/20/07 21:10)

The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.
- Sun Tzu

#6 10/20/07 21:10

mar12duk

the file shows the version i have is 611mb, do you think i should remove it and reload it ??

#7 10/21/07 12:10

mar12duk

Ok, is it possible to "aquire" the "key_config.txt" , download it, and paste it into my file.... the game seems to be working rignt, its just more convienient to remap the controls.
thanks in advance

#8 10/21/07 12:10

EdT
Website

key_config, Here you go:

#9 10/21/07 22:10

mar12duk

when i'm in the oni game file, in the upper blue margine there's a folder that say "compatability files" , in there i found all the extra files that were mentioned by "MAGUS", in there is my "keyconfig" file, i'm remapping the controls them i'm back in bussiness !!!!:lol:, thanks for all the help.....again:rolleyes:

#10 11/10/07 19:11

geyser
Website

key_config.txt is generated automatically in the main folder the first time you run Oni.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer