Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 12/13/08 14:12

snowsparrow
Website

Re: konoko fanart c:

A8D wrote:

Yeah that last one is EXCELLENT, maybe a bit dark but I love it too !! big_smile I've looked for the prices of graphics tablets, Intuos seem to be the high-end ones of Wacom. Not cheap, but if you say they can last for a long time... I am tempted, maybe I could share the price with my sister because I think she's going to have to use one. I don't know about the size, do you think A6 is really too small ?

thanks big_smile

Well you could always go with a Graphire. Intuos is a bit unnecessary unless you want to be a pro (not claiming that I am, I just had the opportunity to get one XD ). I love to paint and I don't think I could go with less than A5 for a working space but if you don't mind zooming, I guess it's just as OK smile

#27 12/13/08 18:12

s10k
Website

Dam I simple love your draws. Last one is beautiful.

#28 02/03/11 11:02

snowsparrow
Website

I hope I'm not violating any rules by resurrecting this thread but I figure it's just as bad to make a new one :3

Haven't been around much, but have a sketch. I have spent the last few days browsing this forum and the oni wiki (and reading  the added value there is so inspiring).

That bloke is more or less an original character. There's a splashscreen in the game that includes an unknown character though it doesn't look exactly like him.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/s … ddanny.jpg

#29 02/03/11 11:02

Gumby

Excellent! I love the gas mask sketch. I'd love a character like him in Oni, though the current engine wouldn't be able to handle the tube properly.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#30 02/03/11 12:02

Lithium

Ah yes the guy in the splash screen is Casey, Samer made a character model in game so he can be used.
Seems maybe like an older version of him, i like it big_smile

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#31 02/03/11 12:02

Delano762
Website

Bloody BRILLIANT! Gas mask is great, that stick makes me wonder how a stick fight would look like in Oni, but that Danny fella is simply STEREOTYPE as hell. White, 25 year old brown-haired American with small facial hair and glasses. Oi, I've seen million guys like that. No offense, though. Plus, I wonder what's that necklace doing on her neck? Anyway, great to see some new artwork from you.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#32 02/03/11 13:02

Phydur

snowsparrow wrote:

I hope I'm not violating any rules by resurrecting this thread but I figure it's just as bad to make a new one :3

I'm not sure, but i think the original author of a thread is exempt from 'necro posting' rule.
Its only a problem if its not your thread.
and realy I think people only realy care if you do it to a bunch of random posts with little or no input to the thread you posting on. maybe thats just me, though.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#33 02/03/11 13:02

snowsparrow
Website

Well I never claimed to be a creative person big_smile I like to think I can draw just a tiny bit, but I am very very uncreative big_smile I know he's pretty generic but that's the way I wanted him in that story :B And, furthermore, I had a real person in mind when I drew him (because I'm almost incapable of making up a face) I wanted to keep him as "lifelike" I suppose

The necklace is... just a detail I suppose. It's not magic or anything :B

Thank you all for the comments!

#34 02/03/11 18:02

Iritscen

I think the new guy is fairly interesting, myself.  I like your rendition of Konoko, too.  I'd say you definitely have a flair for designing outfits.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#35 02/03/11 18:02

Samer
Website

great work snowsparrow ! keep them coming smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#36 02/04/11 04:02

Delano762
Website

Hmmm... May I make a request? >:D

#37 02/04/11 07:02

Dirk Gently
Website

Fantastic!

#38 02/04/11 09:02

snowsparrow
Website

Delano762 wrote:

Hmmm... May I make a request? >:D

I'm so sorry, I don't  take requests ): School starts next week and that for me means another four months wthout art D:

#39 02/04/11 09:02

Delano762
Website

snowsparrow wrote:

I'm so sorry, I don't  take requests ): School starts next week and that for me means another four months wthout art D:

Too bad.

#40 02/05/11 09:02

Sharoduinn

Those are really nice drawings smile The guy with the glasses reminds me of what's-his-name from Half-life
And Konoko in the lower right corner... O.O

"Sorry about the mess"

#41 02/05/11 09:02

snowsparrow
Website

Thank you smile I don't know Half-life. And Kon... I knew someone would comment XD It's all just anatomy practise smile

#42 02/05/11 10:02

TheCreature

Love it!  And I like how you portrayed konoko... the necklace and armbands makes her seem more real.

Stick fight?  I like.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#43 02/05/11 17:02

Mukade

Wew! Nice drawings! I really like how they capture the atmosphere. In-game, the environment is so bland, it never really reflects any mood. Especially the HQ, it would look really cool if it were like that

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#44 02/06/11 03:02

snowsparrow
Website

Thank you! Actually I think the game isn't bad at all. I like the exteriors. The interiors are a bit boring tongue But that means we can use our imaginations for whatever we like to make it more interesting big_smile

#45 02/06/11 12:02

Lithium

Mukade wrote:

Wew! Nice drawings! I really like how they capture the atmosphere. In-game, the environment is so bland, it never really reflects any mood. Especially the HQ, it would look really cool if it were like that

Idk i think during Checkpoint 2 of Airport Hangars where you're supposed to activate the 3 consoles inside the blue rooms really sets the tone for something creepy or that something wrong is going to happen. srsly play that part and the music will scare the crap out of you

#46 02/06/11 16:02

Mukade

Does anyone know how to screw with the lighting? I think it would be cool to have some flickering lights in some places. Or maybe emergency red lights only in HQ, when they turn the power off. The buildings themselves aren't *terrible* but the lighting is so BLEH! I agree tho, the outdoors stuff is pretty good

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#47 02/06/11 17:02

Iritscen

That's so not possible that I don't even know how to tell you how impossible it is.

#48 02/06/11 18:02

Lithium

Its just texture on the wall right?

#49 02/06/11 19:02

Dirk Gently
Website

I know how. You overload the graphics engine to the point where the lights flicker.

#50 02/06/11 20:02

Iritscen

oxe: If you're asking about the lighting, yes, that's basically true.  Bungie used 3D Studio Max to light a level, then "baked in" the lighting so it's a permanent part of the level model.  Models are additionally lit in realtime from a fixed angle, but the engine doesn't support dynamic lighting.

Board footer