Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#27 11/20/10 10:11

Mukade

Re: Arena Level

Jon God's solution sounds a bit simpler -_-

And anyways, myplea is assuming everyone will be behind the carrier chasing, there will be plenty of people in front to stop him and knock him down. Anyways, in any game you've ever played that has CTF, the carrier is supposed to "run away from a fight" and that's where the team comes in.

Anyways, maybe a bit small for CTF, but with enough people or AI, it would certainly be a short run, but enough people to stop you. Either way, I didn't mean to make it officially CTF, but it just seems like a good map to test the various scripts on

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#28 11/20/10 11:11

EdT
Website

Jon: Go to IGMD/arena folder and open the file arena_rand.bsl in a text editor

In the section:
################ Arena of Hurt.
    if(arena_area eq 0) {
        if(ai_team eq Konoko) {
            if(rand_flag1 eq  0)
                             {chr_teleport(ai_name,   1); chr_facetoflag(ai_name,   1);}

change the flag number to either 5, 6, 7 or 8 do the same for the rest of the lines and also for the Syndicate section.

This will spawn all the AI's on the catwalks :-)

#29 11/21/10 05:11

Sharoduinn

What about a kind of 'Survive with the flag' (name pending) game, where a player should keep the flag, avoiding being knocked down and disarmed, for some time, like a minute or so? (A bit like king of the hill, but without the hill tongue ). It could work quite well on this map big_smile

"Sorry about the mess"

#30 11/21/10 12:11

Mukade

Like Halo's "Oddball" or if you're playing IRL "Keepaway"... yeah it would work, just make a gun model as a flag, or whatever you wanna make it, and make it unholsterable like Barabas's gun, and all you'd have to do is set the team of the person carrying the flag seperate from everyone else

if (ai_name has_the_flag eq 1)
{
chr_setteam ai_name Syndicate
}

if (ai_name has_the_flag eq 0)
if (ai_name team = Syndicate)
{
chr_setteam ai_name TCTF

that's obviously not very right, I don't know how to do some of those functions but I'm sure it's easy stuff for one of the more experienced scripters. Add a countdown timer too, so you have to hold the flag for X amount of time (1 minute?).  I'm not sure how balanced it would be, for a player vs. AI it would be pretty easy to simply run around and them not being able to catch you, even if you were running and they were dashing, however on MP, the carrier would have to have daodan power.

Last edited by Mukade (11/21/10 12:11)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#31 11/21/10 12:11

Gumby

The AI is good enough to catch you if they are dashing and you are not.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#32 11/21/10 14:11

Mukade

Well with pathfinding it isn't... if there's a ramp, you can just jump on and off the ramp and they gotta go around and up the ramp or down the ramp to catch you. On flat ground I wouldn't argue, but they usually don't make a habit of jumping off things or onto things

#33 11/22/10 08:11

Sharoduinn

Maybe it'd be best in MP so we could have some really epic chases.
But it could be quite fun with enough NPC's. (With 'enough' I mean that there should be a lot of them to give a proper challenge for the human player)
And yes, I noticed the similarity of this with Oddball big_smile

"Sorry about the mess"

#34 11/22/10 21:11

Mukade

No pressure Gumby big_smile

No, I'm kidding, take your time, we all are aware you are only human, and have something resembling a life like most of the rest of us. On the bright side, you can leave planning MP content to us to a certain extent :-/

#35 01/04/11 01:01

Lukas Kreator

I know this thread is a bit old, but if you guys are still interested, I could change the arena scripts to make a kind of "king of the hill"... I know you could make it, but if you don't have time, I would consider this my first "important work" ^^
I can see clearly the changes... I tried to make some arena-like scripts before and I have experience with scripts, and I'm a bit good with BSL, but I can learn fast XD

Well, just if you need it... Maybe I could make something like this and release independently...

#36 01/04/11 14:01

Mukade

Going over it in my head, it seems doable, and pretty easily, especially with the ready-made arena script. Many such ideas have been put forth, and it would be nice to see one or two of them realized.

#37 01/04/11 16:01

EdT
Website

Lukas: Feel free to create any script you like for the arena level.

#38 02/03/11 23:02

Samer
Website

ouh i sure have missed a lot ! just tried this now it looks amazing !

i wish leus was still around I'd love to play his script Oni Zen Garden in it ...

edit : and just wondering any chance it would support spawning the new characters in the future smile ?

edit 2 : never mind just saw the video EdT made showcasing all the custom characters AWESOME !! we sure have come a long way smile

Last edited by Samer (02/03/11 23:02)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#39 02/03/11 23:02

EdT
Website

All you have to do is modify the BINACHAR with the new characters :-)

I'm sure Oni Zen Garden can work with this level, probably need to change the flag ID.

#40 02/04/11 00:02

Samer
Website

is there a way .. to make this a package ? they keep getting overwritten whenever i use AE installer. (despite the ignore file)
and i'll attempt to import leus's script into it, i contacted him and he'll help smile

Last edited by Samer (02/04/11 00:02)

#41 02/04/11 00:02

Lithium

Finally no more falling of ledge deaths

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#42 04/10/11 22:04

Leus
Website

You contacted me?  Hrm, sounds familiar, I must have completely forgotten.  Classic me, I suppose.  smile

I'mma download this and check it out now.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#43 04/11/11 07:04

Samer
Website

yup on facebook tongue
btw u can make this level as package by decompiling the raw or dat file in the package to oni files and then making those a package.

#44 04/18/11 16:04

Samer
Website

made as a package :  http://mods.oni2.net/node/175

#45 04/18/11 19:04

Leus
Website

Is there any way to make a package of just the level and not include OTA?  I know that involves both BSL and some ONIs, but I'm not sure which.

For now I'll just try and figure it out but I'd appreciate some input.  smile  (I'm trying to port my OZG script into this level and I don't want it to conflict.)

UPDATE:  I failed at figuring it out.  Even when I take all the BSLs out it still does the OTA stuff for some reason.

Last edited by Leus (04/18/11 20:04)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#46 04/18/11 20:04

Lithium

Wait did you reinstall it after removing them?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#47 04/18/11 20:04

EdT
Website

Leus: In the package there is a folder called BSL, delete it.  Then in the Mod_info.cfg file, delete the line HasBsl -> Addon
Finally, re-install using AE Installer, now you will have the Arena level without the OTA scripts.

Be sure to put your OZG scripts inside the IGMD/arena folder

Last edited by EdT (04/18/11 20:04)

#48 04/18/11 21:04

Leus
Website

I made a separate package with no BSL folder and deleted the HasBSLs line.  I also made ANOTHER package with only my OZG scripts for the arena.  And it still is acting like OTA, except with my OZG BINACHAR they just appear in the middle of nowhere and die instantly.

sad

#49 04/18/11 22:04

EdT
Website

What location are you spawning the characters?  To be in the center it is 0 15 0, if you spawn them at 0 0 0 they will appear below the arena and fall...

Last edited by EdT (04/18/11 22:04)

#50 04/19/11 10:04

Leus
Website

I know they're set up to spawn outside the arena, that's not the problem I'm having.  The OTA scripts just won't go away.  Can somebody make a package with JUST the basic Arena level?

(BTW these are the locs I'll be using eventually:

260.0 45.0 0.0

0.0 45.0 260.0

-260.0 45.0 0.0

0.0 45.0 -260.0)

Also I have another question:  In the AE, let's say two packages contain conflicting ONIs for a certain level.  With custom levels, this is bound to happen.  Do the earlier or later numbered packages take precedence?

Board footer