Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/06/10 19:07

Mukade

New TRAMS

Yeah, over the summer, I hope to make a small package of new trams to either replace existing moves, but mostly to fill unused key combos (example, ninja has no bk_fw_kick combo...)

I will release them at a later, undefined date when I have more of them, but I will put up the test videos here so you can see what I'm up to wink

Ninja Kick-Up:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8bL6vnQ4-Y
TRACs: Ninja, Akane
Combo: Back+Forward+Kick
Effects: Knockdown
Released: No

Ninja Kick-Up:
Video: NA
TRACs: Ninja, Akane
Combo: Run Forward + Kick (Throw)
Effects: Knockdown, on target / Additional potentiel to hit enemies during the throw
Released: No

(Sorry, I use Akane as my own character, so I like updating her with moves that I like, and also, the ninja has no running forward kick throw. Hopefully I'll get around to updating other characters)

Okay, I've released the two animations I have, along with the updated TRAC for the ninja. I also added Akane's TRAC, but the difference is that, while for ninja, I filled blank hit types, for Akane, I replaced some. So if you don't want some of her moves replaced, just take her TRAC out of the package.

Last edited by Mukade (02/11/11 21:02)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#2 07/06/10 21:07

EdT
Website

Re: New TRAMS

Great work on the new TRAM!  You have an eye for detail in the body positions for the animation.  I think you should be the animator on the AE Team!

#3 07/06/10 21:07

Mukade

Why thank you! I would happily take the job if it were given  big_smile

Last edited by Mukade (07/06/10 21:07)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 07/06/10 21:07

EdT
Website

#5 07/07/10 01:07

Mukade

Hehe, didn't know there was an official sign up page  yikes

Signing up now

#6 08/11/10 21:08

gzl5000

Excellent work! Definitely looking forward to seeing more.

#7 08/25/10 16:08

Mukade

Alrighty, a bit of an update on the Ninja Kick-Up

I haven't worked on the animations in awhile, but I decided to finish up what I started, so I went back to this move and added the finishing touches smile

It now has trails behind the feet during while airborn, landing sound when you land again, and ninflash1 particle on impact, also finally got it to a good animation speed, and tweaked the animation itself to make it look better.

Hopefully I'll get around the finishing the punch combo smile

#8 08/30/10 19:08

Mukade

Okay, I finished my new throw, and it looks pretty good, got throw animation to work first try, but the _tgt is being screwy

Some of the time, it works fine, but other times, the enemy just flies backward like I just finished a combo on him... dunno what's doing it, any suggestions?

#9 08/31/10 17:08

Mukade

Figured out what's happening, for some reason the _tgts are getting mixed up between my two throws. I made sure to delete the other run_thw_fw_k and *_tgts from the TRAC before adding the new ones, and I know at least the throw anmation made it since that invariably works, but for some reason the target animations get mixed between the two animations (the same goes for my run_thw_fw_p throw, I sometimes get the _kick_tgt animation on the _punch throw)

I however don't know how to fix this... any help?

#10 08/31/10 17:08

EdT
Website

Maybe you have something mixed up in the TRAM properties?  Try looking at the xml for your TRAMs.

#11 08/31/10 22:08

Gumby

Try making the throw distance of the broken throw longer.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#12 09/03/10 00:09

Samer
Website

Mukade wrote:

Figured out what's happening, for some reason the _tgts are getting mixed up between my two throws. I made sure to delete the other run_thw_fw_k and *_tgts from the TRAC before adding the new ones, and I know at least the throw anmation made it since that invariably works, but for some reason the target animations get mixed between the two animations (the same goes for my run_thw_fw_p throw, I sometimes get the _kick_tgt animation on the _punch throw)

I had that problem a lot when i was specifying the throws for Casey, I used throws from the furies and from the Black ops, and they'd get confused as well ...

I did a lot of stuff to fix this but I don't quite remember which of the things i did was the real solution. or maybe it was the combination of all of them

here's what i did

in the trams of throws for example run_thw_fw_k open it in xml find
<DirectAnimations>
and add to it the link to the corresponding tgt

for example
<DirectAnimations>
            <Link>TRAMCASCOMrun_thw_fw_k_tgt</Link>
            <Link />
</DirectAnimations>

add a link to the tgt to each corresponding throw

2- In the TRAC change the weights of the moves ...
for example put the weight for the fw_thw_k  60 and it's tgt 60
while put the weight of fw_thw_p  100 and its corresponding tgt 100

3- In the trams of the throws search for thrown types and make sure they are different.

for example thrown type of the kick throw is 4 while that of the punch throw shouldn't also be 4
and re-check the tgts too to make sure the thrown types in the throw is the same as that in its corresponding tgt.

I'm a bit rusty :\ so I hope I was clear enough.

Last edited by Samer (09/03/10 00:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#13 09/03/10 02:09

Gumby

Samer wrote:
Mukade wrote:

I had that problem a lot when i was specifying the throws for Casey, I used throws from the furies and from the Black ops, and they'd get confused as well ...

I did a lot of stuff to fix this but I don't quite remember which of the things i did was the real solution. or maybe it was the combination of all of them

here's what i did

<DirectAnimations>

for example
<DirectAnimations>
            <Link />
</DirectAnimations>

This will do nothing.

This will also do nothing, unless the two throws are the same type.

3- In the trams of the throws search for thrown types and make sure they are different.

for example thrown type of the kick throw is 4 while that of the punch throw shouldn't also be 4
and re-check the tgts too to make sure the thrown types in the throw is the same as that in its corresponding tgt.

This is actually a valid point, if the correct throw never happened. But it happens sometimes. As I said, make the throw distance (the distance from which you can throw from...) larger. Problem solved.

#14 09/03/10 08:09

Mukade

Samer has a point actually, I think they are both type Throw6, I'll try switching those around. If that doesn't work, I'll try what you suggested Gumby

#15 09/03/10 08:09

Samer
Website

Gumby wrote:
Samer wrote:
Mukade wrote:

here's what i did

<DirectAnimations>

for example
<DirectAnimations>
            <Link />
</DirectAnimations>

This will do nothing.

This will also do nothing, unless the two throws are the same type.

This is actually a valid point, if the correct throw never happened. But it happens sometimes. As I said, make the throw distance (the distance from which you can throw from...) larger. Problem solved.

ok smile
the problem is the wrong tgt is getting associated to the throw sometimes, the ways i proposed link the tgt to the throw. so there is less room for error, i don't see how enlarging the distance will make the correct tgt associated with the throw.
anyway these methods have worked for me several times before.
mukade please do get back to us for which solution works ... it would be useful for future modding.

Last edited by Samer (09/03/10 08:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#16 09/03/10 09:09

FuryFan

Nice move wink I love it.  big_smile

#17 09/03/10 11:09

Gumby

Samer wrote:

ok smile
the problem is the wrong tgt is getting associated to the throw sometimes, the ways i proposed link the tgt to the throw. so there is less room for error, i don't see how enlarging the distance will make the correct tgt associated with the throw.
anyway these methods have worked for me several times before.
mukade please do get back to us for which solution works ... it would be useful for future modding.

The way you propose to link the tgt throw doesn't do anything. (at least the <DirectAnimation> tag). I had assumed he had removed all conflicting throws from the character's TRAC. However, if he does that, Oni will still sometimes use the incorrect throw\tgt throw animatino if a parent TRAC has the same types, but longer range.

#18 09/03/10 17:09

Mukade

yeah, I had similr issue when i tried to change a characters throws to already existing ones. I already knew the <DirectAnimations> tag would do nothing, I know what that's for. Anyways, I'll try to end this debate tomorrow by trying to solve it. Right now, I've been up for 24h+ and am way too damn tired to do anything except post some messages.

#19 01/29/11 20:01

Mukade

Okay, so I finally got around to fixing the throw, I'm gonna download XSI again, maybe tweak the kick-up animation (I need to slow it down a bit, and move a few body parts around to make it look better) And hopefully release it tonight along with a couple of TRACs so that some of the characters have the moves. I think I also might add the moves to some Combat IDs so AI will use the moves.

#20 01/29/11 20:01

Mukade

bump... okay, I've another issue. When the opponent goes down, but doesn't die it works, but if they die, how do I get them to transition to a "dead" pose? Because right now, if I finish an opponent with this attack, they freeze in the last frame of the _tgt animation.

#21 01/30/11 00:01

Gumby

Is the tgt animation set to be atomic?

#22 01/30/11 01:01

Mukade

yes indeed

#23 01/31/11 22:01

Mukade

Updated first post, please vote!

#24 01/31/11 22:01

Lithium

They're the same option

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#25 01/31/11 22:01

Mukade

...? Not for me they aren't

Board footer