Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/29/07 12:01

JadeWolf

Is it possible...

...to bind the combos to keys? For instance bind Devil Spin Kick to Enter so that every time you press enter you do a Devil Spin Kick move? I'm wondering because in Airport Arena (I forget where I found it) the 3rd hit of the triple hit haymaker is replaced with the Rising Fury punch and on http://oni.moltenstudios.com/aidev.php (step 6) it's mentioned.

#2 01/29/07 14:01

stripeytiger

Re: Is it possible...

I don't know if it's possible, but if it is, then combos like the Willow Kick and the Twister Kick would definitely be a lot easier to pull off.

#3 01/29/07 17:01

Last_Hero

Twister Kick is easy to do tbh
And who needs the Willow Kick when you've got the Sledgehammer Heel.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die

#4 01/29/07 20:01

Mango

I recall this being suggested on the old forum and I think they said it couldn't be done easily. You could search for the thread. I had a quick look but didn't find anything.

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#5 01/30/07 09:01

geyser
Website

Sigh... HERE

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 02/02/07 02:02

Mango

Ok so you can do it...

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#7 02/07/07 07:02

JadeWolf

Thanks for that page geyser - great help.

I have two more questions -
1. Is there a list of character animations (not just the combat ones) anywhere or do I have to open one of the .dat files?
2. Is it possible to change characters from the levels they are on and change thier spawn point (for instance make Mutant Muro spawn beside Kerr in the Science Lab level) ?

Last edited by JadeWolf (02/07/07 07:02)

#8 02/07/07 11:02

Phydur

yes, (i'll get the link in a second.)
- here's one. (its not the one i used, but i forget where i got that one, and this ones better)
http://www6.fh-eberswalde.de/user/dkrie … ram_dc.txt
if you're using wait anim. you dont have to use the capital letters...
ie i used chr_wait_animtype(0, holster) not chr_wait_animtype(0, KONRIFholster)
someone correct me if i'm wrong.

and no, that is currently not possible, but they are working on it.

Last edited by Phydur (02/07/07 12:02)

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#9 02/07/07 12:02

geyser
Website

JadeWolf,

I don't remember if you're on the Mac or not. If you're on Mac, get a PC (or Virtual PC, or Wine or whatever).
If you're on PC, then you can get OUP, load a DAT and filter TRAMs by extension (or name).
OBD the most convenient way to list all the TRAM at once (and more generally, to explore level archives).
Note that not all of the TRAMs are applicable via chr_animate, and that some TRAMs will look weird when applied to a character for which they were not intended.

I've also started to put together a page that lists the TRAM names together with info relevant to the Totoro engine (state/type/flags/etc). You can find it HERE. You'll see that most really big TRAC (collections) are still missing. That's because they're pretty long to reorganize.
If you want them anyway, Oni can dump them in a raw format with the tr_write_collection command. You look up the TRAC name (e.g., "konokocore_animations"), then type

tr_write_collection konokocore_animations konokocore

at the dev console or in a script, and you'll get a list of the anims that belong to konokocore_animations.TRAC dumped into the file konokocore.txt, at the root of your Oni folder.

Concerning Phydur's post:
The file you linked to only lists the TRAM contained in level0_Final. There are level-specific TRAMs which may or may not be available if you're modding a certain level. Basically Furies, Tankers, Elites, SWATs, Ninjas and thugs. And Muro and Mutant Muro. And a few others for secretaries, docs and shinatama. And I'm forgetting some.
So that list is nowhere near complete smile

chr_wait_animation requires you to use the full name (with prefix in capitals). Case-sensitive.
chr_wait_animtype and chr_wait_animstate expect a "type" and a "state", respectively.
Types and states are already listed HERE.
Non-capitalized types and states work most of the time, but better capitalize to be on the safe side.

We will put all the TRAMs and ONCCs in level0_Final (to make them available globally) as soon as we can.
That is, as soon as OUP is able to create valid level archives for Oni. At the moment, it almost works smile
Until then, you can only use the resources specific to the level you're looking at (and the ones in level0).

As for the relocation, you can use either chr_location (PC only) or chr_teleport or chr_playback. Only chr_location lets you take a character anywhere you want. The other two operate with preset positions (flags and "films", respectively).
You can also modify the level's Character.BINA, to actually modify the spawning points of the AI, rather than relocating them after they spawn.

Anyway, you can't add Mutant Muro to Chapter 12, sorry. You can use Muro, though (with slightly mutated textures, perhaps?).

Last edited by geyser (02/07/07 12:02)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer