Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/26/11 19:01

Lithium

Nostalgia Thread?

Yeah another topic TALK TALK TALK!
Have any regrets or things you would like to apologize for, or answer some old questions in the past, or just anything older to with the forum?
Well uh here
I'd like to apologize for my behavior in 2009, idk what i was thinking or what i was smoking but uh sorry.
Here's something i said and I have no idea what i'm practically saying

oxe161 wrote:

dik, my friend went around joking at those at the mall and well. yea i left cuz i was freaked out

Quoted from the "I'm in a woman's study class" topic By Leus...yeah i have no idea what i said, stupid 09 oxe >.>

Iritscen wrote:

Ha ha, welcome.  By the way, can I ask, what is at 0xe161?  Or is it a secret? wink

Well oxe161 is a suave dude who can kick 50 Syndicate Elite's ass...that is all

Btw Alazam was me, yup it was me all along

Last edited by Lithium (01/26/11 19:01)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 01/26/11 21:01

Mukade

Re: Nostalgia Thread?

I remember the days where the only place me and myplea knew to find mods were on Script10ks site... And then when I first posted years back was just to find a fix to getting Oni to work on XP. It wasn`t till much later I realized what I was missing.

It`s alright oxe, we forgive you.... Incidentally, how do you pronounce your name? Oxy or Ohx?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 01/26/11 21:01

Lithium

Ox, just like the animal

Last edited by Lithium (01/26/11 21:01)

#4 01/26/11 22:01

Iritscen

The summer of '09 was a rough time for us moderators.  Many mornings I didn't even want to hit Refresh and see what the newbies had done to the forum overnight.  I would see all the boards light up with the "new post" beacon and just groan because I was still waking up and didn't have the strength to deal with it.  It would take so long to read (or decipher) the new posts and respond to them that the forum would reset the flags that tell you which posts you haven't read yet and I'd have to hunt through each forum for whatever I missed.  There would be new posts lighting up the forum by the time I had finished reading everything that was posted while I was sleeping.  That was my routine each morning before breakfast.

But as time went on you guys seem to have matured.  I've been happy to see former newbs contributing, and making much more coherent posts.  Hey, look at oxe161, he's even named a modding tool now.  Well, you asked for some nostalgia, so I gave it to you.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 01/27/11 12:01

Gumby

Yeah, I'll admit for a while I wasn't pleased with the turn the forums were taking, but you guys have wisened up a bit (especially oxe) to forum etiquette. I still wish some of the older guys would come back though. Maybe we can convince Harry to send an email bulletin for the 10th anniversary. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#6 01/27/11 16:01

TOCS

My English literally sucked back in 2007, when I joined. I seem to have gotten the hang of it by now. smile At least my posts are readable now.

I remember searching the internet for the crash fix back in 2004, when I got my 'new' gaming rig. It was found on the old forum which ran before this. After that, I followed pretty much everything happening on the forums back then - in disguise; being a guest of course. big_smile

This forum somehow just became a part of my life - my daily routine would feel empty, if I didn't have the chance to check out these forums everyday. tongue

It's scary to have known people here since the age of 12, and I'm 16 now. It's incredible how 4 years just passed away like that. yikes

#7 01/27/11 17:01

Lithium

Same here Rexxar, been here since i was barely 14, and now 16, good times smile
And Stevin...i don't apologize for bullying you tongue

#8 01/28/11 04:01

Jon God

I remember Typhen showing up, and starting the idea for multiplayer back on the original boards. I went be "Me" at the time, iirc.

Dang, that was a long time ago.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#9 01/29/11 19:01

Lithium

So...how did Gumby and Iritscen become mods tongue

#10 01/29/11 19:01

Mukade

Hey TOCS, I wouldn't have guessed English wasn't your first language smile

Last edited by Mukade (01/29/11 19:01)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#11 01/30/11 00:01

Gumby

oxe161 wrote:

So...how did Gumby and Iritscen become mods tongue

We were the ones who spammed the forums the most, and geyser was retired. smile

#12 01/30/11 01:01

Lithium

So if you retire the most "active" users become mods so they can be SCANNING THE AREA at all times?

#13 01/30/11 20:01

TheCreature

Oh no... Oxe as a moderator?  That sounds kinda scary.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#14 01/30/11 20:01

Lithium

Meh by the time they retire i'd be long gone

#15 01/30/11 22:01

Gumby

oxe161 wrote:

So if you retire the most "active" users become mods so they can be SCANNING THE AREA at all times?

Active and mature. wink I'm pretty sure who I know Harry would pick if he needed another moderator anyhow, already. tongue

#16 01/30/11 22:01

Lithium

I wanna say Mukade...but i also wanna say Edt...but i also wanna say Edt, but then again he would already be a mod, and he's pretty much one of the gurus of the forum... so i think the next mod in line would be...Dirk? Creature?

Edit: Creature i can be mature when it comes to having power, mainly because when i do i try to set a good example for newer users
Like if i'm a mod in a chat on Jtv i act more mature, but a lot of people say i get boring thanks to it.
But if the chat's like an AVGN stream i would mess around and make abuse of the powers, banning by "accident" or as i say "OXcident"
I'm a huge narcissist when it comes to my name...for some odd reason

Last edited by Lithium (01/30/11 22:01)

#17 01/31/11 00:01

Gumby

oxe, you still have to act mature enough to get the power in the first place.

#18 01/31/11 00:01

Lithium

I know...i don't really act mature in places i feel comfortable with. Here we're a small community so we can mess around with each other and stuff. But in another forum like maybe Mugen Guild i axt quieter and mature...those guys are freaks...FREAKS!

#19 01/31/11 01:01

Dirk Gently
Website

scanning the thread I see my name. what is this?

#20 01/31/11 17:01

Lithium

I don't even...?

#21 01/31/11 22:01

Mukade

In a bigger forum, I think people would care less about how you act. Here, we know you alot better :-/

#22 01/31/11 22:01

Lithium

Well if i were to act ragefully, gumby would give me a one week ban to cool down, another forum would ban me and never let me come back

#23 01/31/11 22:01

Mukade

So you're saying you're abusing the disciplinary system then big_smile

Oh I do enjoy messing with you oxe... anyhow, suggest we take this arguement to the random chat thread if we do continue? For the sake of keeping this a nostaligia thread -__-

Last edited by Mukade (01/31/11 22:01)

#24 01/31/11 22:01

Lithium

No i would never!
Edit: Talking about my old noob behavior (which i think is coming back sad ) therefore this does make it nostalgic since we're talking about the good ol days and when modding was harder and more members were here

Last edited by Lithium (01/31/11 23:01)

#25 01/31/11 22:01

Mukade

bump my previous post, since you read before I edited

Board footer