Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/15/07 12:10

drizztmainsword

Help please.

Allo.

After finally finding this game for OSX, I get all the files and the OSX patch app and put them into a folder labeled "Oni." I open up Oni.app, and the screen changes to 800•600, then goes blue, then back to my desktop, with OSX reporting that Oni unexpectedly quit.

The "debugger.txt" file reads thusly:
### warning: particle class 'w3_phr_e01' emitter 5 can't find emitted particle 'w3_phr_p08'

### warning: particle class 'flame2_e' emitter 2 can't find emitted particle 'test_smoke'

### warning: particle class 'pstream_shooter' emitter 2 can't find emitted particle 'w_pstream_shot2'

### warning: particle class 'm_block' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle 'm_p01'

### warning: particle class 'muroglow_e01' emitter 2 can't find emitted particle 'muroglow_p02'

### warning: particle class 'phase_shot' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud01_p01' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud01_p01a' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud01_p01b' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud02_p01' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud02_p02' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

Can anyone here help me?

#2 10/15/07 15:10

EdT
Website

Re: Help please.

What version of OSX are you using?  Also, which Mac (Intel, PPC) are you using?

The debugger.txt is useless, everyone gets the same messages.  Can you take a look at the startup.txt, what are the last fews lines in it?

#3 10/15/07 16:10

drizztmainsword

Haha! I figured it out!

Turns out that it was the problem with the limited cache size, or whatever (I'm no techie). I have an Intel Mac, so that would be the problem!

Thank you, EdT, for your quick response, however! big_smile

#4 10/15/07 16:10

EdT
Website

Glad you got it to work!  FYI, I have an Oni site for Mac users:
http://edt.oni2.net/  (I haven't updated it in a while)

You might also want to look at our videos on YouTube;
http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=onitoo

Last edited by EdT (10/15/07 16:10)

Board footer