Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 11/08/09 13:11

Mukade

Re: Special Force Mod

hmm, so i checked out the page, and looks good, so in theory

d_powerup 0 shield 1 would give a 1% force shield, but what would be the command to drain shield?  -1? cause that is infinite no?

and same with d_health?

i wont use any of it yet, ill hold back on those points until daodan is released, which is when? is there a set date yet?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#77 11/08/09 13:11

Gumby

Stevinlewis wrote:

why not add a healer? tongue. Has hypos every 30 seconds? weak moves, low attack skills, and cant carry gun. Alright maybe a pistol or sumthin

How would that help the team?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#78 11/08/09 13:11

Mukade

i posted at the same time as you gubmy, check my previous post, anyways, if we encounter too many bugs with Storm, we may have to consider a different class, we'll see

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#79 11/08/09 13:11

Gumby

No, you would use...

d_powerup(0, shield, d_powerup(shield) + 1);

#80 11/08/09 15:11

Mukade

Hey Samer, I think I have some idea of what the cosumes will look like, when u get skype or FB or w/e talk to me so I can give you some ideas, or vice versa (they shouldnt be too hard, mostly just modifying one specific type of outfit)

#81 11/08/09 15:11

Leus
Website

Healer is actually an intriguing idea.  Not as the main focus of a class but perhaps as an ability.  Or maybe even a "weapon?"  The HEAL RAY.  Lol.  Some better name.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#82 11/08/09 15:11

Gumby

Medigun. tongue

#83 11/08/09 20:11

Stevinlewis

To Gumby about healer: Oh... Uh... Oay nvm forget it. Cuz i was thinking maybe itll be easier to heal the whole team since hypos work on all people  smile

#84 11/08/09 21:11

Leus
Website

We've got a way cooler system than that planned now.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#85 11/09/09 09:11

Mukade

yea, it'll be pwnage

#86 11/09/09 10:11

Stevinlewis

Lookin forward to it ^_^

#87 11/09/09 11:11

EdT
Website

I can tell this mod is getting serious, when you just "hint" about things to come...  big_smile

#88 11/09/09 12:11

Leus
Website

This mod is super srs.  We should call it Serious Squad.

#89 11/09/09 15:11

Mukade

Serious Sam? OH NO!! Copywrite infringement! yikes yikes yikes

anyways, i attempted to get some "ranged" powers for storm and it was almost working, and Gumby said he'd give it a shot himself, fact i think i know what the problem is, but he claimed i was wrong tongue

Last edited by Mukade (11/09/09 15:11)

#90 11/21/10 14:11

Mukade

Grr, I want to revive this script but i don't have it anymore... hey Leus, you still have the link to the shared notepad we were using?

#91 11/22/10 08:11

Sharoduinn

I only noticed this thread now, but the ideas here are great! tongue
If you'd really revive this and make it work I'd give you... I'd give you.... hum.. Well dunno, something very valuable lol
But really, this mod would give Oni a whole new meaning. And in MP...? That would-- [At this point Sharoduinn went into shock due to over-excitement]

Last edited by Sharoduinn (11/22/10 10:11)

"Sorry about the mess"

#92 11/22/10 21:11

Mukade

hehehe, yeah there are plenty of bugs to go around, and in places where AI would have to jump would be impossible, without switching to each character and making them jump over gap or on a barrel, not to mention crashing and all that stuff. But if eaach of the characters was played by a person, all those bugs would be eliminated. Since there is significant progress in MP, I figure I can keep going with the framework, class design etc... pretty easy matter to take out AI functions I think, however I would have to keep those things in for testing purposes probably until a semi stable version of MP comes out.

Board footer