Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 10/23/10 16:10

Nausicaä

Re: Konoko CG

Great work !

But I think that the shadow between the fingers could be improved ! ^^ We see an only one giant finger :-p

#102 10/23/10 18:10

Mukade

It looks great! However, I'd suggest giving some more vivid colors, as the current ones are very dull, and give the armor some reflective properties. I think it's the alpha channel that does this, but you'd have to ask the more experience modelers/texture artists.

@Nausica Acutally it looks pretty good! The original models had giant lumps for hands, and just textures to look like multiple fingers, but looks to me like this model actually includes individual fingers, or at least the fingers are a bit more defined.

Last edited by Mukade (10/23/10 18:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#103 10/23/10 18:10

Coyote

Wow, this is amazing. I wonder how it would look like in a game...

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

#104 10/23/10 18:10

Iritscen

Yes, fingers are not articulated in Oni, so if you never noticed it before, you shouldn't notice it with this model smile

And TOCS, Leucha is using SeverED's textures, unless he modified some of them.

Also, I'm sure the coloring and shading will be totally different in-game so there's no point in making suggestions on that yet.  I also don't see the reflectivity here that the textures have in-game.

Anyway, it's looking really nice, Leucha.  Now comes the hardest part of all... :-3

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#105 10/23/10 20:10

EdT
Website

Here is some information on how to import and export character models for Oni.
http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Importing_character_models

There is also a tutorial on how to import new models into Oni.

#106 10/23/10 22:10

Leucha

I made every textures myself, except her face, wich is from Severed.

#107 10/24/10 01:10

TheCreature

Wait a minute... We can import THIS into the game?  I thought we couldn't do that because of a polygon limit or something.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#108 10/24/10 04:10

Gumby

Her boobs seem a little saggy, but it might be the plate. Also, darker blue on the undersuit, please. (may just be the fullbright lighting though)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#109 10/24/10 04:10

Coyote

You mean, she should make herself silicone tits ? big_smile

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

#110 10/24/10 05:10

Leucha

As far as none of each pieces of the models haven't more than 1024 vertices, it should be importable, from what I understood.

Concerning her shape and proportions, know that it's exacly the same than the original model ^^ I will surely tweak the textures, I just need to have hindsight.

Finaly, I was surprised too it looked so bright when rendering it, I used the color from this picture

I'll see how it look in game.

#111 10/24/10 06:10

Iritscen

Ah, sorry, I didn't realize you made the body textures.  I guess SeverED didn't even do body textures for the TCTF armor, did he, only for the TCTF police uniform?

#112 10/24/10 09:10

Dirk Gently
Website

Leucha wrote:

As far as none of each pieces of the models haven't more than 1024 vertices, it should be importable, from what I understood.

HOT DAMN!

#113 10/24/10 11:10

Gumby

Question: will you be able to generate lower LODs? Even if you do hit below 1024, some features (like motion blur) need at least one LOD with much lower tris on it.

#114 10/24/10 12:10

Leucha

It's not planned right now.

I'm having orientation problems.

#115 10/24/10 13:10

Iritscen

Even if your modeling app has an automatic poly-reduction feature, that might be good enough, since the models used for the "motion blur" are not seen very clearly.  Then again, you could probably just use the existing low-poly models for Konoko for those LODs.

This topic is already pretty long, so if you are having technical issues (which is to be expected, everyone does when they try importing models), please make a thread in Modifications if you need help.  Thanks.

#116 10/24/10 13:10

Gumby

Iritscen wrote:

Then again, you could probably just use the existing low-poly models for Konoko for those LODs.

D'oh. Why didn't I think of that one? tongue

#117 10/24/10 17:10

Leucha

Yeah, good idea. The issue with auto-lowering polys with this model, is that Oni engine doesn't manages smoothing groups. In order to have sharp edges, I had to "cut" meshes, many vertices are not bound together, so, the auto-thing would create holes in the model.

#118 10/30/10 12:10

Chamyky
Website

Golly, this is gorgeous. I'm linkin' it.

I do have a few comments though:

• The materials are a little dull-looking. This is obviously linked to specularity but not only; for instance the chest plate seems to have a range of grey tones that's too narrow, which results in this dullness.

• The belly seems to be too high (in scale, not in position). I… don't know why. It may be because of the lunchbox's metal strap.

• The TCTF letters are pretty thin and weak-looking. But perhaps is it better this way… we've been accustomed to fat letters, but this was probably this way partly because of the low resolution of the textures.

Anyway, definitely worth the (long) wait.

Are you going to pose her? You could render some pretty great wallpapers with this.

#119 10/30/10 12:10

Leucha

I'll make further tweaking to the texture later, after the first release, I'm aware of some lacks. Concerning proportions, as I said, it's exacty the same as the original model ^^ I did my best for the letters, doing better would imply to remake the UVs, but I'm lazy : the way the model is done, unwrapping is especially painful.

#120 11/09/10 16:11

Mukade

Hmm, do you think you could take this head and splice it onto the other konoko models? I know the body will take a lot more effort to make, but the head is already done and the only thing that need be changed is the one level with the glasses. And if you're planning on it, you could then do the rest of the body at your leisure smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#121 11/10/10 09:11

Leucha

I just have to find where her other outfits are. I guess some of them are just ONCC that links to existing models and just changes textures.

#122 11/10/10 17:11

Mukade

Yeah, it's like K4_A, K4_B, usually starts with a K and then a number and letter or sumthin

#123 11/11/10 02:11

Gumby

1. Activate dev mode (cheat 'x' or 'thedayismine')
2. Press F8

#124 11/11/10 13:11

Sharoduinn

To save you the trouble:
71 k3  (manufact. plant)
72 k4_A  (first TCTF HQ)
74 k4_F (rooftops)
75 k4_G  (dream lab)
77 k4_K  (last level)
78 k4_L (TCTF HQ redux )

I'm not sure 'who' all of these are, I'll fill in later...
EDIT: Done

Last edited by Sharoduinn (11/12/10 12:11)

"Sorry about the mess"

#125 11/11/10 14:11

Leucha

Thanks, I'll check that this week end.

Board footer