Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 10/20/10 15:10

Mukade

Re: Random Blabber Topic-Current: Caturdays

Check out this little test video I made ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fucDEHmR2-E

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#52 10/20/10 17:10

Lithium

haha looks good
now have a light saber battle with it

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#53 10/20/10 17:10

TheCreature

Note: your 'lightsaber' blade turns red when it's near the bolts.  Otherwise, it's pretty cool.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#54 10/20/10 17:10

myplea1

The lightsaber battle will be with me tongue.
Oh and I like the thread name atm.

Awol

#55 10/20/10 19:10

Mukade

Noted.... yeah, I wasn't sure how to fix that, and I hadn't intended to add the bolts in the first place, just me waving my saber, but I figured out how to do it, and went ahead. Didn't put much effort into making it look too top-notch. That was just to see if it was doable.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#56 10/20/10 22:10

Lithium

hey changed the topic...srry just read my 1st post again
anyways it looks awesome. Can't wait for the fight...better have some decapitations big_smile

#57 10/20/10 22:10

Mukade

Unfortunately, I'm not that adept at FX, that clip is my first foray into that field. Plus I'd need a green screen and everything (I think) which I don't have

#58 10/21/10 01:10

Gumby

Just get a green sheet. wink

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#59 10/21/10 03:10

Sharoduinn

Gumby wrote:

Just get a green sheet. wink

Making a green screen is actually quite simple (at least that's what the MacFormat magazine I skimmed through said big_smile )
Just a sheet with the right green colour, some kind of lighting (not very expensive), and you're done wink

"Sorry about the mess"

#60 10/21/10 10:10

TheCreature

actually, it wouldn't even have to be green, depending on the software.  I believe blue can work as well, but I might be wrong about that.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#61 10/21/10 11:10

Iritscen

In theory any color can be keyed for, at least in the professional editors.  Perhaps lower-end software only accepts green or blue, though, to keep things simple.  Oh, and nice job on that effect, Mukade.  I guess you had to rotoscope each frame?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#62 10/21/10 22:10

Mukade

Yeah, I found this tutorial which included a Preset effect, which made things much easier than I thought it would, really dumbed it down. Lets you play with settings like color, thickness, how much blur you want (although it does blur automatically)
and even perspective lol. For the blaster bolts I just used a rd lightsaber blade and made it short tongue

#63 10/22/10 00:10

Gumby

Iritscen wrote:

In theory any color can be keyed for, at least in the professional editors.  Perhaps lower-end software only accepts green or blue, though, to keep things simple.  Oh, and nice job on that effect, Mukade.  I guess you had to rotoscope each frame?

No, just green and blue are less likely to be used as clothing items and such.

#64 10/22/10 13:10

Mukade

Good ol' simple answer... I always wondered why it had to be green/blue, I thought it might be something like that

Anyways, even if I did have one, I don't know how to use it, well, HOW to use it I do know, stand in front and film, but using that footage is the part I don't know, although I have a knack for following tutorials, so I might figure it out later.

#65 10/25/10 20:10

Lithium

Anyone hear of that new Star Wars trilogy? It was fake, but a lot of fans were dissapointed. Now my question to you guys is...do you think it would have worked out? Or would it have been I-III all over again?

#66 10/26/10 10:10

Sharoduinn

I haven't heard of that... But in which part of the timeline it was supposed to take place?
And yes, it could have become like Ep I (urgghh...[that is to say: "Hey, I'm kiddie-Anakin, woohoo!" or "Meesa Jar-Jar! Look, meesa so funny!"] back to the point-->). I think they should make a new SW film (or trilogy) with the same style as the Force Unleashed games (TFU II came out today, yay!) with a darker and deeper theme.
It'd be nice to see a film of the Old Republic, or, now that all the original trilogy actors are pretty old, a sequel trilogy to the original... maybe? But of course that could destroy the magic of the orig. trilogy.
An here some of the ideas that could be interesting as a film:
Hyperspace Wars?
Rise and Fall of the Rakatan Empire?
Rise of The Republic (and Jedi, maybe)?
Life of Jango Fett?
Yuuzhan-Vong? (nah)
Something after all the familiar heroes have bitten the dust?
Can I stop babbling?

You see now what happens to me when somebody introduces the subject Star Wars... big_smile

Edit: Maybe a separate SW topic would be in place?

Last edited by Sharoduinn (10/26/10 10:10)

"Sorry about the mess"

#67 10/26/10 11:10

Iritscen

I have no interest in further movies made by Lucas, personally (and I don't know why people would be fooled by a hoax, because GL said a while ago that Episodes VII-IX would never happen).  My instant recipe for success is adapting in animated form the Expanded Universe novels that start after Episode VI.

Just get a solid Japanese studio to animate the stories and an experienced director and put it on primetime and they would capture a large audience.  Live-action would be a bad idea because they'd have to re-cast the main characters and because LA TV just can't do sci-fi action like animation can.  The stories in the books start as soon as the day after Darth Vader('s suit?) is cremated on Endor, so a mainstream audience would have no trouble picking up the story, and since the stories are about Luke, Han and Leia, they're way more likely to interest people than stories about Anakin (ha!) or new characters.

I'm telling you, Lucas would never do it, but it's money in the bank.

#68 10/26/10 12:10

Gumby

Could be done off of the Thrawn trilogy. No idea if it's canon or not.

#69 10/26/10 13:10

Mukade

They should make a TV show similar to Clone Wars TV show they have now, but on various episodes from the Yuuzhan Vong Wars. Those books were awesome. Or maybe Jason's fall afterwards and the civil war that erupts...?

#70 10/26/10 16:10

Gumby

Too long of a story.

#71 10/26/10 16:10

Iritscen

They cut the planned arc for the Vong by a few books and it was still way too long, but if they cut it in half, it would be pretty awesome, although probably too dark for a general audience who would be used to the tone of the movies.  But if they started with the stories closer to the time of the original movies (like the Thrawn trilogy), I think a lot of people would watch.

Again, since they're not his stories, Lucas has made it clear that he's not interested in working with them, and you can't blame him.  But isn't that live-action series coming out in a little while?

#72 10/26/10 19:10

Mukade

I dunno, I hope they come out with more, perhaps another director might get the rights and permissions from Lucas to make something, although I agree that a live action movie/series around the same time would suck because of recasts.

#73 10/28/10 16:10

Lithium

anyone read any good books?

#74 10/28/10 20:10

myplea1

I personally really like these books:
The Lord of the rings books
Inheritance Cycle
Too many star wars books to list