Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/16/10 14:10

Joltacks

Novice 3D Model

Hi. I've done a little 3D modeling. It was just a tutorial in gmax. Reguardless, I am interested in making an attractive Konoko. I downloaded "Blender" today and I was looking through the AnivEdition (of Oni) and what not. I also downloaded the Oni Model Extractor. I noted it doesn't inculde animations.

Anyway, what can I do? I'd like to be able to extract Konoko's 3D models and improve or completely replace them with "Blender" As far as animations go I am totally ignorant and am curious if the models can be changed without affecting the animations. (keep Konoko roughly the same size)

I don't know what file types Blender saves as. Oni is .dat files and .bsl  I remember a friend slightly changed Total Annihilation and was able to unpack files and repack them.

So I'm thinking I need to unpack and isolate Konoko's models. I'm hoping I can just drag and drop them into an editor. Someone has already done this I'm sure. If they can get me started I would be grateful.

#2 10/16/10 16:10

TOCS

Re: Novice 3D Model

If you use the OniSplit GUI, you should be able to extract the models with its animation. It should be extracted in .dae if I'm correct. When you're done doing your thing, just do it reverse. It should be pretty simple - I think there are a few topics around here explaining exactly how to do it all.

The Oni Galore is a very helpful, and you might wanna check it out as well: http://wiki.oni2.net/Main_Page

#3 10/16/10 17:10

Joltacks

"Blender" only saves .blend files sad .dae are an Autodesk file type I think.

#4 10/16/10 17:10

Iritscen

Blender can save as Collada (DAE).  Check out the Export menu.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 10/16/10 22:10

Joltacks

Iritscen wrote:

Blender can save as Collada (DAE).  Check out the Export menu.

1.3.1 or 1.4?

I can't seem to get OniSplit to extract 3D files.

I selected
"...\VanillaDats\level0_Final\level0_Characters\ONCCkonoko_generic.oni"

There are a lot of files. Which one is the Konoko model?

#6 10/16/10 22:10

Gumby

You need the TRBS, possibly. I don't know if it can get it from the ONCC.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#7 10/16/10 23:10

Joltacks

I decompiled "level0_Final.dat" to a new directory and there are no files starting with ONCC. There are files with ONCV though.

I managed to extract a .tga file from "M3GMaxes.oni"!

(Paint won't open it.)

There are no "TRBS" files.

#8 10/16/10 23:10

Joltacks

Ok, I managed to get "TRBSkonoko_body_high.dae" from "level1_Final.dat" but now I've run into some issue with Blender not being able to import it.

#9 10/17/10 01:10

Joltacks

Blender was giving me a message about needing to install python. I did that. It still didn't work. Blender wasn't detecting python. Finally I tried putting the blender folder into the python folder. That did it, but now when I try to import the .dae file it gives me some error about a module not being found. Boo.

#10 10/17/10 01:10

Joltacks

Lara Cooooool!...

#11 10/17/10 01:10

Joltacks

Ah, well I enabled Lara with the AEInstaller and fully expecting to see Lara Croft instead of Konoko I was...
...disappointed to see Konoko.

#12 10/17/10 04:10

TOCS

It dosen't replace Konoko, you need the Daodan DLL with developer mode, or the 'shapeshifter' code activated to be able to shift through the characters, by using F8.

Last edited by TOCS (10/19/10 00:10)

#13 10/18/10 21:10

Joltacks

I managed to get Konoko into Blender today! I wasn't using the latest version of Blender before hmm

#14 10/18/10 21:10

Mukade

5 posts in a row.... I think that's a first...? Just FYI, there's a little edit button on your post, so if you want to say something else, and no1 else has posted, you can edit your post, so as not to fill up pages. Just for future reference.

Good to hear you got it imported, lets see what you can do smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#15 09/26/17 13:09

semicloud

how u go from .oni file to .dae.

i try the tutorial

onisplit -extract:dae modelOutput/ -noanim splitOutput/ONCCk3.oni

did the full path to everything, there is no output

jolthack, if u would, wat's the exact step u took to get from .oni to .dae if u don't mind sharing.

#16 09/26/17 15:09

Iritscen

Joltacks hasn't been around since 2010, so I don't think he'll be able to answer your question.  But your command looks correct to me.  You should find an ONCCk3.dae in modelOutput/ after running it.  Does OniSplit give you any errors?  Can anyone else see a problem in the command that I'm overlooking?

P.S.: For a complete model with textures, you should make sure that the splitOutput/ folder also has the TXMP.oni files associated with that ONCC so that you get as output a DAE model that comes with, and links to, its textures.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#17 09/26/17 16:09

semicloud

thanks, edt solved it the issue.

#18 09/26/17 19:09

Scarlett

I can't bother with use all that command stuff so I use VAGO GUI instead. It is easy to use smile and never had problems with it while making my characters

Board footer