Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/03/10 00:09

Samer
Website

Nightmare level idea

I had this idea for a while and I proposed it to Leus a long time ago, but it never came to execution ...  and seeing how i don't know enough bsl ( and don't have enough passion for it to learn it) ... I thought i'd share the concept here in case someone who's better than me in bsl would like to adopt it. 

it's basically an expansion to the all star dream level i made before.

here it goes :

first the level starts with konoko in the lab coat outfit I made (from the specialwardrobe package) she already should have a hypo or 2 ... then the fight with muro ... after that as she proceeds instead of the 2 TCTF ghosts carrying guns her parents appear as ghosts not tranparent (no invisibility cloak and no guns) but disappear as she gets close . maybe with BSL u can make konoko say something : like dad mom ? is that u ?? ...

then 3 tiny Barabses appear ... each drops a hypo and they're with minimum health ... same as ministrikers ... then a normal sized Barabas appears or with them ... then during that from the other end of the lab a gigantic Barabas appears but no much health tongue that would be scary big_smile ( Barabas without regeneration though)
I'll make the ONCCs for the gigantic Barabas and the miniones smile

she goes up the golden stairs into the room where 2 mukades are waiting ...one is invisible & with minimum health and both drop hypos and invinsibilty cloaks.

now big_smile instead of the door that usually opens that leads to the glass pit with the huge shinatama underneath ... this time the upper door opens the one where mukade was standing ... she goes thru it into the large room ( this room is actually where evil konoko is we have to disable evil konoko spawning there for now ... ) and the door closes behind her ... there she fights the white chief and black chief both dropping hypos .. after she defeats them the door from which she came reopens ... and the one leading to the slide with the gignatic shinatama underneath opens too .

now she runs up the slide half way thru the slide she teleports by a flash like the one u used in OZG to under the slide and under the glass to be next to the gigantic shinatama. or actually maybe the slide and the glass under it breaks and she falls into the pit where the gigantic shinatama is. maybe this could be done by all breakable command and somehow placing a torrent under the glass that shoots in an exact position to break the slide and the glass but not the other surroundings, in a way that konoko has no way but to drop to the hole and have and she should have enough health to survive the drop.

mini strikers attack her there .. then kojiro ... appears with the flash .. she defeats him ... once she does that she is teleported again to in between the doors up the slide leading to the room with the furies and the back door closed so she can't go back to the slide... here a red fury is there and motoko .. motoko is given a red fury's melee Id as brutal konoko makes her just too strong ...

she defeats them and goes like usual to the room with griffin and the save point ... now instead of the chiefs or the TCTfs .. Casey in his uniform and a normal non swat officer support griffin ...the officer dropping a shield and Casey dropping a hypo ...

she goes thru the doors to the acid pit with lasers ...
there on the bridge shinatamabot awaits her she defeats her and the door opens ... she goes thru the door the door closes behind her ... the door in front opens & before she can reach it and another shinatamabot comes in closing after her big_smile she has to defeat her in between those 2 doors which can be stressful with shini's explosion tongue ghost shinatama then does her creepy laugh and passes floating like always, the door opens leading to evil konoko.

she defeats evil konoko ... but doesn't wake up big_smile
instead when she does ... with a flash Barabas, Mukade, & Kojiro & maybe Grey fury ? appear ... attacking her but with lower health and easier melee .. elite for Barabs and hard ninja for mukade and kojiro and medium fury for Grey fury .. and with a flash both her parents appear and fight the baddies with her making sure neither of her parents die ...

once all baddies are defeated ...
her parents stop and she turns to face them .. they say to her ( writing that on the screen ... ) we're always with you .. then they fade if possible and she finally wakes up big_smile

I call that nightmare dream level !!

akane and jubei and bgi agents can also be included ...

the mods that would be necessary are :
Casey, ShinatamaBot, Jamie & James Hasegawa, Black and White Chief (or one of them) , Kojiro, Grey Fury and SpecialWardrobe for the scientist konoko costume.

Last edited by Samer (09/03/10 00:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 09/03/10 06:09

Sharoduinn

Re: Nightmare level idea

O.o That's some nice planning. And will require 'some nice' modding too to make it happen tongue but after everything you have done with Oni I won't be surprised when the final version comes out lol

The only thing I disagree with (sorry) is the ending with Konoko's parents... It's just maybe a bit too much of a cliché, and it would take away some of the atmosphere from the game.
Maybe a more dramatic ending could go like this:
Konoko is unable to move, while the baddies beat her parents to death, then a 'Nooooo...!' from Konoko, and she wakes up...?

"Sorry about the mess"

#3 09/03/10 08:09

Mukade

@Sharo, yeah that does sound very much like a realistic nightmare scenario big_smile

@Samer, sry, didn't read thru the whole thing, but it seems doable, even with my level of scripting

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 09/03/10 10:09

TheCreature

Wow.  That's quite the level.  I kinda like it, although it seems a little bit overdone and confusing at some points.  Particularly the parts where there are multiple "boss" charcters.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#5 09/05/10 17:09

gzl5000

Oy. Because the normal nightmare level isn't hard enough? Haha.

Great ideas, but it'd be very very difficult in actual gameplay.

#6 09/05/10 20:09

GmasterRED
Website

I never liked the Dream Lab level. It's harder then shit, but that's ok. The main reason was becase I just didn't understand it. Was it even explained? Seemed like it was just an extra level they threw in there and it had no impact on the storyline.
But your idea seems even harder! I'd love to give it a shoot, I love hard stuff!

Board footer