So I decided to stop sitting on this one and release it for testing

Avaliable Here
http://gumby.oni2.net/AE/binkw32.dll
http://gumby.oni2.net/AE/realbink.dll

Major Change List

• Daodan.ini

• New BSL

• DaodanGL

• Dropped weapons have an automessage containing the weapon name and amount of ammo

New New Cheats!!!

• shinobi

• himynameisalex (does same thing as Kangaroo)

• buddha

• tellmetheversion

Bugs

• Gamma switching is broken with DaodanGL

Credits

• Lots and lots of credits to rossy

• Me (Gumby)

For an example of new BSL in action see http://gumby.oni2.net/AE/99999OTATest.zip
You may have to copy the BSL directly out of the folder, as AE may or may not like the BSL package. sad The menu is slightly borked in it, but it should work fine, otherwise.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#2 08/27/10 01:08

Mukade

Re: Daodan DLL 3.0 (Beta!!!)

How do you do the new BSL commands? Do you actually create the commands, or just discover them?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 08/27/10 03:08

Gumby

Created

#4 08/27/10 10:08

s10k
Website

nice thanks.

#5 08/27/10 11:08

Gumby

If you find any BSL functions that don't work as expected, make sure to post them.

Edit: And fun cheat ideas, too. smile

#6 08/27/10 12:08

Mukade

Well that's pretty cool, if I can think of any useful BSL commands that would make coding easier, I'll be sure to mention them.

One thing, would it be possible to make a random number generator?

something along the format of:

var <var name> int
randint (<var name>,1,100) %This would set <var name> as a random number between 1 and 100)

Also, when I replace the binkw32.dll and run Oni, I get error message:

The procedure entry point REALBINK._BinkClose@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll

Any ideas?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#7 08/27/10 14:08

myplea1

I get the same error.

Awol

#8 08/27/10 15:08

Mukade

If you don't replace it we get a full refund  big_smile

#9 08/27/10 17:08

Gumby

Mukade, on the random number generator: Read the wiki. wink

To fix the crash, get http://gumby.oni2.net/AE/realbink.dll

#10 08/27/10 19:08

Mukade

right, int32rand, got it smile

#11 08/28/10 02:08

Leus
Website

Random ideas, not necessarily good ones lol.  Especially the actual cheat names.   smile

terminal - Health slowly drains; have to move quick and find hypos to make it.
crankdat - Somehow make survival dependent on attacking people (i.e. the movie, Crank  tongueI can imagine doing this either by having like a short timer that replenishes each time you land a successful attack, or having health slowly draining and each attack gives you more health?  I feel like the latter would be tougher/impossible to implement...  But I dunno.  Also it'd just be rad if...  Actually let's turn that into another cheat idea:
vampified - You gain health from attacks.  (It'd be sweet if higher damage attacks could return higher health, but whatev.)
stopwatch - Uh...  Just to see how long it takes to do whatever you want to do after you type in the cheat. tongue Assuming we can figure out reverse timers, that is.
caspa - No clipping!  Warning:  Turn on liveforever, or just don't jump. big_smile
redcoat - Boss shield
dampener - Just no fall damage
bullettooth - Gunshots kill instantly, or at least wound much more severely.
coaster - Permanent fast motion.
brando - Beating someone near death makes them switch to your team.
zombieland - Enemies are unkillable.  (Could make things quite interesting...  Well except at key points where it would totally make the game impassable just based on script logic, but hey, it's up to you to turn the cheat on/off man.)
oneforall - All enemies in the level are on a single team against Konoko.
fortheswarm - All enemies slowly regenerate health.
hivemind - When one enemy spots you, all enemies are alerted to your current location.
starkrave - All enemies are set to full overpower health.  (Draining, of course, but could make for some crazy battles in the next thirty seconds.) big_smile

Inventory cheats:

byforce - Force shield
phaseout - Phase cloak (different from moonshadow 'cause you only get the normal amount of time to be invisible)
needafix - Hypo
bananaclip - Ammo
uranium - Cell

Ridiculous/fantastical cheats:

kamehameha - Some/all melee attacks send out particles that strike from a distance.  (Lol if someone really went through and did this, I would...  Give you...  A fake hug.  Unless you met me in person then I'd give you a real one.  AND five bucks.)

Racist cheats:

kenyan - Makes you run supafast!  smile

MORE TO COME!..   big_smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#12 08/28/10 07:08

Sharoduinn

Good stuff you've listed there. I hope they'll become actual cheats smile
Your 'vampified' suggestion reminds me of Savage 2... There some units stay alive only by killing enemies, maybe that would be fun as a cheat in Oni? tongue

Last edited by Sharoduinn (08/28/10 07:08)

"Sorry about the mess"

#13 08/28/10 11:08

Mukade

Some good ideas there, it's good to see some people thinking out of the box. Also, the ones that replace consol commands would be convinient.

Actually, there was a time where I was working on a punch that would send out a VDG particle blast, an it actually worked too, but I couldn't get it to shoot straight ^_^

I'm thinking for the new punch animation I worked on a few weeks ago, for the fourth punch, might send a small particle shockwave out of his hands (haven't decided which particle would be suitable) that would damage enemies on impact smile

LOL @ kenyan, but I wouldn't really call it racist, since it's a positive quality, maybe stereotyping though  lol

Last edited by Mukade (08/28/10 11:08)

#14 09/03/10 00:09

Samer
Website

a cheat i'd find useful : unblockable the enemies can't block ur hits.
and something like fists of fury but only for throws, throws send ur enemies flying a large distance ...

Leus i like oneforall & fortheswarm & kenyan
but i didn't get the caspa one, what does it do tongue ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#15 09/03/10 03:09

Leus
Website

Oh yeah, clipping is essentially...collision, I guess.  With no clipping, you'll go through walls/objects/anything.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#16 09/03/10 07:09

Iritscen

More useful than simply setting chr_nocollision to 1 would be if you only went through walls, not floors, so you didn't have to worry about falling out of the level.  Or if you could float through the level like a ghost in any direction, kind of like the camera controls in Dev Mode, but easier to control.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#17 11/03/10 12:11

Lukas Kreator

Leus: I really liked the Brando one, and I guess it's not difficult to make at all, however I have not sufficient skill XD

If someone could make something like that for me, if it'd be easy, I would thank they very much! ;D

However I think there should be some chance of the enemy becoming your ally, not all of them, or you would just have a party with 100 guys at the end of the mission... XD

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (11/03/10 12:11)

#18 11/03/10 14:11

TheCreature

I've got a question that's been bugging me:  How can I get these "extra cheats" such as kangaroo on a Mac?  So far I've only seen them in the Daodan, which is Windows only.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#19 11/03/10 16:11

Gumby

You can't. wink If you want them on Mac, you have to either lobby Iritscen to get them implemented or lobby Feral to give me access to code.

#20 11/04/10 08:11

TheCreature

oh well.  I guess I'll go write a note to Feral.  (or Take Two, or Bungie, or whoever.)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#21 11/04/10 20:11

Mukade

Hope you have better luck then the people who have tried before... I don't know what the results were, or who sent, but I know I have not seen anything come from sending them messages :-/ (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited by Mukade (11/04/10 20:11)

#22 11/04/10 23:11

Gumby

Feral will at least respond to your messages, if you find the correct email address. Bungie will too, but can't be of any help. T2 is a black hole. Messages go in, none come out.

#23 11/05/10 04:11

Loser

After what T2 did with Mafia II franchise and its fanbase, I can say:
until something changes, don't EVER expect them to react nor react in a useful manner.

Last edited by Loser (11/05/10 04:11)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#24 11/05/10 13:11

Sharoduinn

Has anybody sent some of them an 'official request' on the behalf of the whole forum community?
That way they could (maybe) realize just how alive Oni still is, and what's the point of them still hanging on to the code if they aren't using it (and probably never will).

"Sorry about the mess"

#25 11/06/10 00:11

Gumby

There is no clear avenue to do so, and our little community means nothing to them. wink

Board footer