Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/13/10 12:03

s10k
Website

The hidden room

I am playing the whole game again, now in AE. When I was playing I noticed that in sp2 & sp3 there were a blocked tunnel.

I don't know if it is already known.

Where's what I found:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/143726/oni/thr.wmv

Seems it is an area that should have appeared in the game, but was left for some reason. smile

#2 03/13/10 12:03

Mukade

Re: The hidden room

Looks to me like it might have been a setting for a cutscene? Good eye tho, i haven't seen that room

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 03/13/10 14:03

TOCS

I'm not sure, but it might be the cutscene were the workers are running into the tunnel. I know there's another tunnel looking about the same as this one, but it's just my bet.

#4 03/13/10 14:03

EdT
Website

I found that room before.

#5 03/13/10 22:03

Mukade

TOCS wrote:

I'm not sure, but it might be the cutscene were the workers are running into the tunnel. I know there's another tunnel looking about the same as this one, but it's just my bet.

Thats what I was thinking, but I'm pretty sure you see em right after with the Mad Bomber when you run through those lasers? I might be mistaken, should check it oyut again

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 03/13/10 22:03

myplea1

Impressive, I saw the blocked tunnel but I never figured there was anything behind it.

Awol

#7 03/14/10 04:03

paradox-01

I've another one for you, same level. I call it "where are the doors?"-room. The answer will surprise you.

Last edited by paradox-01 (03/14/10 04:03)

#8 03/14/10 04:03

TOCS

I think this second airport map was supposed to have alot more cutscenes and content. They'd just left some of it.

#9 03/14/10 06:03

s10k
Website

paradox-01 wrote:

I've another one for you, same level. I call it "where are the doors?"-room. The answer will surprise you.

I also found that one, but I don't think it is so much important like the last one. That one is after one door at the final airplane room.

Last edited by s10k (03/14/10 06:03)

#10 03/19/10 21:03

northero
Website

wow you people sure are observant =X

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#11 04/27/10 02:04

Leus
Website

There's some random ass room floating around below everything else in the Warehouse/Training map.  I used to have the coordinates saved but my computer died so now, nothin.  Not even Oni yet.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#12 04/27/10 19:04

Mukade

aww sucks man sad

Anyways, i know which one you mean, I think it's used for cinematic

#13 04/27/10 21:04

Shade

This room was probably left over stuff from the beta. Any ways that's a good fine there. Hope to see more.

Last edited by Shade (04/27/10 21:04)

#14 08/05/10 12:08

Sharoduinn

Leus wrote:

There's some random ass room floating around below everything else in the Warehouse/Training map.  I used to have the coordinates saved but my computer died so now, nothin.  Not even Oni yet.

I'm really sorry for necro-posting like this, but I can't help pointing out that the room is the TCTF control room where Griffin & co. are in the cutscenes. The same room is in level 9 too.
I actually once made it there big_smile (going through the wall, then activating noclip at the right moment tongue )

"Sorry about the mess"

#15 08/05/10 13:08

Mukade

Mukade wrote:

Anyways, i know which one you mean, I think it's used for cinematic

Yeah, I know >_<

#16 08/05/10 13:08

Sharoduinn

Oops  hmm
Sorry, your post somehow didn't catch my eye  sad
Now I've commited the sin of useless necro-posting. I hope it won't happen again neutral

Last edited by Sharoduinn (08/05/10 14:08)

"Sorry about the mess"

#17 08/05/10 17:08

Gumby

Necroposting is fine as long as it isn't spammy and you have (or at least think you have) new information to contribute to the discussion.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#18 08/05/10 20:08

Lithium

yea or as long as it isn't answering something thats...idk 1 year old
some guy in another forum answered a question that was 2 years old  hmm
anyhow i find it funny how designers put some rooms out of reach kinda like saying
"employees only" or so thats my little view or perspective of it

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#19 08/06/10 18:08

Gumby

If the question is important enough, it might be permissible. If it is just a tech support thread, probably not though, as it is doubtful the person will still be around. Send them a PM instead to catch their attention.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer