Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 08/02/10 19:08

Aimee

Re: ONCV & ONIE discussion

I downloaded it from the new AE thread. Perhaps I downloaded the patch instead  hmm

But the folder did not say "Edition" like it's suppose to; instead it says "Edition-PC-2010-05_1" ... I think it's the patch then?  tongue

Maybe I should start trying.

#27 08/02/10 21:08

Samer
Website

Mukade wrote:
Gumby wrote:

Samer, why not just put it in a normal package?

Because that would make sense  big_smile

or perhaps because I tried it before and didn't work ? it was getting overwritten somehow by the ONVL and ONCVs that come already with the Ae which are in the globalization folder.

that's why i have been suggesting that u remove the ONVLs and ONCVs from the AE globalization folder and just put them in the new packages folder . then i could easily make them a package.

if someone would please tell me what's the point of having this folder which comes pre-installed with the AE?? 
....\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Globalization\ONVLvariant_list.oni

why didn't u put the ONVL and ONCVs of the "new characters" that come with the AE in the new packages folder ?

P.S : mukade why don't u try that solution and get back to us ? smile u seem enthusiastic about it tongue

Last edited by Samer (08/02/10 21:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#28 08/03/10 05:08

Iritscen

Aimee wrote:

I downloaded it from the new AE thread. Perhaps I downloaded the patch instead  hmm

But the folder did not say "Edition" like it's suppose to; instead it says "Edition-PC-2010-05_1" ... I think it's the patch then?  tongue

No, the patch folder is called "Edition-PC-Patch-2010-05".  Dunno what happened there....

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#29 08/04/10 17:08

Gumby

Because there are multiple new characters, Samer. And as you can see, it works just fine.

Original ONCCs in Vanilladats, ONVL in Globalization, new ONCCs in various packages. Changing the ONVL to be in a different package should work ok.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#30 02/08/11 21:02

Samer
Website

mm first time i noticed the above post .. why not a package ? because it is still getting overwritten by the ONVL in the globalization folder that only contains the ONCVs of the original AE characters. :\
I've asked u a lot of times to either remove that ONVL from the globalization folder in the AE or to add support for the newer characters .. or to explain to me why is that globalization folder necessary

why didn't u put the ONVL of the "new characters package" that comes with the AE in the package itself and not in the globalization  ? why here :
\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Globalization\
if u just remove that folder form the AE it will solve the entire problem.

and not simply here : \Edition\install\packages\22000NewCharacters

that way all i have to do is put an updated ONVL in each released package with a higher number ...

#31 02/08/11 22:02

EdT
Website

Samer:  I'm able to put the ONVL and variant list in a package and it works for me.

#32 02/09/11 01:02

Samer
Website

mmmm i haven't tested it as on the new anniversary but i recall struggling a lot with it on the old one and that method was the only one that worked ... i'll do some retesting ... what number did u give it ?

#33 02/09/11 01:02

Gumby

Samer wrote:

mm first time i noticed the above post .. why not a package ? because it is still getting overwritten by the ONVL in the globalization folder that only contains the ONCVs of the original AE characters. :\
I've asked u a lot of times to either remove that ONVL from the globalization folder in the AE or to add support for the newer characters .. or to explain to me why is that globalization folder necessary

why didn't u put the ONVL of the "new characters package" that comes with the AE in the package itself and not in the globalization  ? why here :
\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Globalization\
if u just remove that folder form the AE it will solve the entire problem.

and not simply here : \Edition\install\packages\22000NewCharacters

that way all i have to do is put an updated ONVL in each released package with a higher number ...

Because the new characters AE has are split across different packages. Again, what you are saying is impossible. If your files aren't getting installed, you screwed up your package somehow.

#34 02/09/11 04:02

paradox-01

Which scripts are actually using the new ONCVs?

#35 02/09/11 04:02

Samer
Website

Oni Zen Garden
all star Dream Lab
team Final Battle
hopefully soon an arena of hurt script ...
any new scripts that will include any of the custom characters will use them.
the grey fury if installed without an ONCV will spawn instead of other furies wherever they have random costume flag ( which is almost in all levels) so u can end up with 2 grey furies instead of say 2 medium ones.

#36 02/09/11 05:02

paradox-01

"any new scripts that will include any of the custom characters will use them"

A promise of always using random costumes? Oh well. Don't mind me. roll

#37 02/09/11 06:02

Samer
Website

ok sarcasm aside -_- what do u suggest ???

#38 02/09/11 06:02

paradox-01

I don't have a problem with this! I'm just a bit astonished by the "thoroughness" of ONCV/random use.
In Zen Garden all chars have random flag, even those which have only one custom. And your ONVL contains characters which have also only one custom. Their ONCC could use ONCVany. EdT's sentry droid does this.
I was hoping that a better use ONCVany could decrease the update rate of the variant fix. But probably that won't be the case. So, no, I don't have suggestions.
When there's a problem then it's really that Oni doesn't fully allow to merge mods. Until this doesn't change we will continue to see little inconvenience with ONCV and ONIE (impact effects) related mods.
Let's forget this for now. smile

#39 02/09/11 06:02

Samer
Website

paradox-01 wrote:

And your ONVL contains characters which have also only one custom. Their ONCC could use ONCVany.

You saw that I released Casey with 5 outfits
the BGi agent has 6 different outfits

so if i want them to spawn in different outfits they have to have one ONCV.

so that leaves kojiro and shintamabot both of which i plan to release a second outfit for SOON .. so i don't see any harm in planing ahead.

paradox-01 wrote:

When there's a problem then it's really that Oni doesn't fully allow to merge mods. Until this doesn't change we will continue to see little inconvenience with ONCV and ONIE (impact effects) related mods.
Let's forget this for now.

true and agreed

#40 02/09/11 09:02

Gumby

It's not likely to change any time soon.

#41 05/16/11 08:05

Yoriko

The custom characters worked when I deleted everything in the Edition/install/packages/Globalize/oni/level0_Final/level0_Characters/Globalisation, replaced it with the character variant fix ver3a and checked all the custom characters boxes. (except the new characters box) Now the problem is that Oni crashes whenever I execute a combo that has particle trails such as shinatamabots three punch combo, greyfurys whirl kick etc.
Any idea what may be causing this? Is there a particle trail package I need to have installed?

It works fine with the characters when I have the new characters package installed but not the others.

Last edited by Yoriko (05/16/11 09:05)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#42 05/16/11 12:05

paradox-01

I'm tring to reproduce your problem. No luck so far. Right now I've this 'configuration'. Do you have all the same mods checked?

Last edited by paradox-01 (05/16/11 12:05)

#43 05/16/11 13:05

Samer
Website

mmm ok it seems like it's a problem with the hit-impacts, the grey fury is incompatible with the exploding barrel pack , uncheck the exploding barrel that comes with the ae, install and test it.
if that works great smile
then if u still want the exploding barrel package, i put a compatible version of the exploding barrel pack inside the grey fury's zip.

if the problem isn't in the exploding barrel : try un-checking all weapons packages, and test

if that doesn't work either, uncheck the grey fury package, and test.

if still no luck we'll figure something else out, i recently had ur issue as well while making hayate, i couldn't figure out what the problem was, it turned out to be a weapons packages, i still don't understand why it caused it though

i think when too many mods that use a lot of memory are installed together oni blams, though i have 4 Gb ram :\

also does the blam occur, when the move hits the enemy ? or does it occur even if doesn't hit anything or anyone ?

there's this package contrails by onirulez i don't know if installing this will fix it, theoretically they shouldn't be related but doesn't hurt to try : http://mods.oni2.net/node/84

get back to me on the results smile and thanks for posting here ^_^

Last edited by Samer (05/16/11 13:05)

#44 05/16/11 13:05

Gumby

Since when does the exploding barrel come with AE?

#45 05/16/11 14:05

Samer
Website

it doesn't ^_^ ? oops my bad,
either way it's not compatible tongue

#46 05/16/11 14:05

paradox-01

About the barrel: Are you taking about the plugin or package version being not compatible?

#47 05/16/11 16:05

Yoriko

paradox-01 wrote:

I'm tring to reproduce your problem. No luck so far. Right now I've this 'configuration'. Do you have all the same mods checked?

I've got every character there checked (aswell as the reskins) except for Motoko and the wraith mod squad (also a reskin)

Samer wrote:

also does the blam occur, when the move hits the enemy ? or does it occur even if doesn't hit anything or anyone ?

It occurs when I hit the air, it also occurs when I use Konokos (and all generic females) crouch kick (heavy kick sweep) when I have the above boxes checked.

Samer wrote:

if the problem isn't in the exploding barrel : try un-checking all weapons packages, and test

I figured out what the problem was. (sorta) Whenever I have ONIrules weapons installed I get these problems, works fine when I dont.

The given help is much appreciated, smile I have the exploding barrel that came with the grey fury package btw and it runs fine with that installed aswell as the new weapons package.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#48 05/16/11 16:05

Samer
Website

Yoriko wrote:

I figured out what the problem was. (sorta) Whenever I have ONIrules weapons installed I get these problems, works fine when I dont.

The given help is much appreciated, smile I have the exploding barrel that came with the grey fury package btw and it runs fine with that installed aswell as the new weapons package.

that's the same problem i ran into, something in the ONIrules weapon pack, precisely it's the weapon that shoots continuous blue and green plasma, but i ran into that problem while testing hayate and never before, i was modifying the hit impact file, which i have done before successfully with the greyfury and i can't figure why it's happening there are no common moded files, gumby or paradox our particle masters tongue ... any idea ?

and yoriko u're most welcome glad it's finally working out for u, hope u enjoy the characters smile

#49 05/16/11 20:05

Gumby

The ONIE? I recommend not modifying that. tongue

#50 05/17/11 02:05

paradox-01

Added the weapon collections to my list. No hit impact problems so far, but shinatama is complaining something about wrong links.

Board footer