Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/08/07 17:09

ONIrules

Same but different moves

Can a character learns ALL the moves from another character? Let say KONOKO use MURO's moves.
When KONOKO crouch and lift it off crouch and press punch. Instead of using Rising Fury Punch she did
MURO's Helicopter Helix Punch. How do you make the character use ALL the other character's moves?

#2 09/08/07 17:09

geyser
Website

Re: Same but different moves

You mean that one character would trade all his/her animations for those of another character class?
For that you just change the TRAC link in the ONCC (see link below, ninth field from the bottom)
http://ssg.oni2.net/oni_oncc.htm
If you want to swap aiming animations as well, you have to adjust the TRSC link and some other stuff.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 09/09/07 16:09

ONIrules

Geyser is their also script commands the make the character (the one control by the computer) do all the
animation from another character?

#4 09/09/07 17:09

geyser
Website

No, you have to do the swap in binary for the time being.
You can wait on certain anims and override them, though.

func OverridePPKwithHelicopter(string name) {
chr_wait_animation(name,KONCOMcomb_p_p_k);
chr_animate(name,MURCOMpunch_heavy);
sleep 1; fork OverridePPKwithHelicopter(string name);
}

Last edited by geyser (09/09/07 17:09)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 09/09/07 18:09

Ultimatum479

Huh. I'll have to test that out when I get free time (which is looking less and less likely for this month); sounds like that'd be really useful but really laggy.

Work in progress...

#6 09/10/07 14:09

ONIrules

I still don't know how to change the codes in the TRAC file.

#7 09/10/07 15:09

geyser
Website

You don't have to change anything in the TRAC.
You make the ONCC link to a different TRAC.
http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/OBD:ONCC
Offset 0xC88, near bottom of page.

#8 09/10/07 17:09

ONIrules

I have made my first animation. I still have one problem. When I run Oni UnPacker 0.34 and change the codes
in the ONCC file it affects another. Example lets say the code for TCTF swat is (hex number) BEF9 0E3C and I
change it into an Elite striker code animation which is D991 2B3C. I change the TCTF swat code into the Elite
Striker code. Then after I save the file and open it again all the ONCC files and all character is D991 2B3C in
the Offset 0xC88. Is it a bug? I thought when you save a file it affects the one you save. But why did it affect
all the files in ONCC?  Should a get a hex editor so it will not screw up my files?

Last edited by ONIrules (09/10/07 18:09)

#9 09/10/07 18:09

geyser
Website

TRAC is an Animation Collection. The ONCC links to a big list of animations for the character to pick from.
Neither BE F9 0E 3C nor D9 91 2B 3C look like something that would ever be found at 0xC88 in an ONCC.
The TRAC link in raw hex always looks like 01 ## ## ##, where ## ## ## is an integer value (file ID).
Your things look like floats. I could look them up, but it's best if you figure what they are yourself...
Please double-check everything you do with the tables, otherwise it's pointless to talk about "bugs".

Board footer