Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/05/09 08:12

Samer
Website

ONCV & ONIE discussion

If u're looking for the character additives (previously called character variant fix) look here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2068

Last edited by Samer (08/17/11 10:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 12/05/09 08:12

Samer
Website

Re: ONCV & ONIE discussion

Last edited by Samer (08/16/11 18:08)

#3 12/05/09 08:12

Samer
Website

I don't suppose this can be made a sticky huh hmm ?

#4 12/05/09 08:12

Iritscen

That's why I made the Authoritative 3rd Party Mod thread wink

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 12/05/09 08:12

Samer
Website

heh tongue I was just putting it there right now big_smile !

#6 12/05/09 12:12

Leus
Website

So with this method you still have to have all those characters installed or the game will crash, right?

Also, yo if you have Jubei and Akane installed AND the New Characters (old BGI + Ninja Bot) won't that eff up your new bgi_fury and bgi_ninja because there will be multiple references to those same types of characters?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#7 12/05/09 13:12

Samer
Website

Leus wrote:

So with this method you still have to have all those characters installed or the game will crash, right?

No it won't crash smile the game crashes if The ONVL character variant list refers to an ONCV that is not found.
but it doesn't crash if the ONCV (character variant)  refers to an ONCC that is not found tongue

the character packages contain ONCC (character class) . whether u have all ONCCs is irrelevant as long as u use this file u'll always have all the required ONCVs that the ONVL refers to, that's why it's important to copy all the ONCVs in this file to the specified folder.

in simpler terms smile Let's say u installed only Kojiro ...
the Kojiro package will contain the ONCC of Kojiro. after that u use this zip which has the ONCV of Kojiro and all other ONCVs and the ONVL lists all these ONCVs.

now u have ONCC kojiro and ONCV kojiro and the ONVL refers to the found ONCV = no crash
the ONVL will also refer to ONCV Casey & Shinbot even if u don't have these packages u still have their ONCVs in this zip so no crash either smile

when I release a new character . all ONCVS will still be in the zip + an extra new one . the ONVL will also be updated (it's a file with a list  in it ) to mention the new ONCV too.

So u're free to install all or one package, but u have to copy and overwrite ALL the files in this zip even if u don't have their package.  u have to copy ONCV Casey and ONCV shibot even if u don't have their packages installed bec the ONVL refers to these ONCVs.
the absence of the ONCV causes a crash absence of ONCC doesn't smile

Leus wrote:

Also, yo if you have Jubei and Akane installed AND the New Characters (old BGI + Ninja Bot) won't that eff up your new bgi_fury and bgi_ninja because there will be multiple references to those same types of characters?

no it won't smile the AE when released already had a character variant (ONCV) called bgi_fury and bgi_ninja . I kept the same ONCV and ONCC .
also Jubei & Akane package has a higher number than that of the NewCharacters so, it will replace the old ones and not vice versa ... the number of the package determines the order of the files to be written
remember the AE installer gathers all the small oni files to make dat and raw files in the order of the package numbers.

it will reach the New characters package numbered 22000 it will incorporate the ONCC called bgi_elite and bgi_fury and bgi_ninja and ninja_bot  ... into the dat and raw files, these are the old ones ... then it will reach the Jubei_Akane package numbered 22020 it will also find new ONCC bgi_fury and bgi_ninja the new files will replace the old files in the dat and raw but they won't replace ninja_bot or bgi_elite .. when it's done the raw and dat file will contain the newest version of each file in case of bgi_fury the one with the Jubei_Akane package in case of bgi_elite for example the newest version is the one that came with the new characters  ... Oni reads its data from these dat and raw files smile

I hope that wasn't too complicated and that I was able to clarify :S I liked ur questions ^_^

#8 12/05/09 14:12

Leus
Website

Ah, nice.  Yeah, I understand.  They also share a variant, don't they?  'Cause I spawn one with randomcostume and sometimes the other appears.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#9 12/05/09 19:12

Samer
Website

mmm Leus u're right ... I thought Edt originally gave them ONCV bgi_fury and bgi_ninja ... but turns out they both have ONCV bgi_other.

So I updated the package such that each of them has a unique ONCV and also I had to update the character variant fix zip to include these ONCV .. it will be called version 1-a
so re-download Jubei_Akane package and the new version of the character variant fix, apply the fix, then install the package, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT : see before I had to re-update all packages with the missing ONCV and updated ONVL now I only update one file ^_^

Last edited by Samer (12/05/09 20:12)

#10 02/04/10 10:02

Samer
Website

version 2 updated on 04/02/10

#11 06/03/10 18:06

Gunther627

Hey, Samer....I downloaded the latest AE release, and the update.
I placed the Character packages in their correct destinations..., (Casey, Kojiro, ShinBot, Jubei & Akane Etc.) ...And I also followed the instructions, with the character variant fix v2, But I don't know if it's me or what.., but when I start up the Latest AE, and try to search for  Example Akane Via shapeshifter, It goes through the BGI characters, but Akane does not show up, what so ever, and neither does any of your other characters that i have downloaded....

I do indeed need your help on this one.

I most definitely followed all the instructions, for both the packages, and the Variant Fix...But the thing is..It worked for me, in AE 2009-07, perfectly....But not in 2010-05?....I believe there may be a problem here.

#12 06/03/10 18:06

Samer
Website

mmm :S actually I still have a problem with that too. If it worked for u before it should work now ... the New AE upon update will re-globalize and remove the old files from the globalization folder. so u'll have to recopy and overwrite the ONVL and all the other files as the instructions say ... and click Install again.

but if that's what u did and it's still not working ... then try this : copy the files of the variant fix into any package instead of the globalize folder. and try to reinstall (Selecting that package) with the AEinstaller.

if that doesn't work for u ... tell me ... and I'll try to figure something out ,,, but it may take some time :S I'm having my final exams and very little free time, and I still haven't fully figured out what changes the new AE made, that may be contributing to this issue.

#13 07/30/10 19:07

Aimee

Hi!
I did exactly what the instructions said on the readme file and even considered copying the files into another package folder ( I put them in the 22000 NewCharacters folder in the packages folder ) and then reinstalled it but still nothing. All I'm seeing are the BGI characters. Is there another solution?

Maybe I should start trying.

#14 07/31/10 15:07

Mukade

I think the problem is that the new AE has overwritten the new BGI, try and find all copies of the BGI characters in the folders and then install the new ones

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#15 07/31/10 16:07

Aimee

Hmmm, then should I install the older AE?

#16 07/31/10 16:07

Samer
Website

mm I'm sorry I don't know what the problem is .. there seems to be a problem with the new AE and this method.

Gumby or Iritscen if u guys can shed some light if somehow the globalization or installation process changed from the old AE ? then maybe i can find some way around it.

Aimee can u provide me some more info please ?

which characters have u tried to install ?

and try this : check only one of the character packages u're installing in the AE installer without any other package and reinstall. ( and again try the variant fix u might have missed a file or a file didn't overwrite) if it works then we know we have another package interfering ...

I don't think the old AI is still available .. thanks for ur feedback hopefully we will fix this once and for all this time smile
will be waiting for ur reply

Last edited by Samer (07/31/10 16:07)

#17 07/31/10 17:07

Mukade

Well, installing other AE may or may not help, but no point I don't think.

What happend I think is that when AE was released, it came with some packages already installed, included in those were the old bgi characters, so when you install new ones, the old ones take over, and your stuck with em, you need to find the old ones and delete them.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#18 07/31/10 17:07

Samer
Website

not really mukade.

the only thing the new BGi agents have in common with the old ones are the textures. they have different ONCV ONVL tracs everything so there's no reason at all why they would overwrite them.

deleting the old BGI isn't necessary what u can do is simply not check the new character packages when installing ... they are an additional package.

the only files they have is the ONCVs in the globalization folder .. which i'm practically begging u guys to remove in the next AE and just include the ONCVs and the ONVL in the new character packages folder, instead of having them in a separate pre-installed folder with no way to remove it...

what i think the problem is the method i was using for the character variants : to put them in the globalization folder which seemed to be written last  ... it seems however with the new AE it's not getting written last or not at all ... the globalization might have been faulty
or the installation.

I'd need more info from Gumby and Iritscen and more tiral and error.

#19 07/31/10 19:07

Aimee

When I download the variant fix and opened up the AE installer, there were no new boxes to check off. It was just the old ones that were already checked off.

What am I suppose to see in the AE installer after I download the variant fix?

#20 08/01/10 00:08

Mukade

Ahh, I don't think you're supposed to put it in there... In your packages there should be a Globilization folder or sumthin to that effect.

Globilize>oni>level0_final>level0_Characters>Globilization

In there, copy everything in variant fix folder to that folder and replace whatever you need

Then just hit the installe, no new boxes. If I remember correctly thats how the ONCVs are put to use ^_^

#21 08/01/10 06:08

Samer
Website

#22 08/01/10 21:08

Gumby

Samer, why not just put it in a normal package?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#23 08/02/10 01:08

Mukade

Gumby wrote:

Samer, why not just put it in a normal package?

Because that would make sense  big_smile

#24 08/02/10 19:08

Aimee

Thanks everyone and Samer for the instructions  smile

I found out the main problem was that somehow I didn't download the right AE so I deleted it and installed it again and it worked!

#25 08/02/10 19:08

Iritscen

Glad it's working... though if you can tell me where you got the other AE, I would be very interested to know.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer