Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/14/10 13:07

adouchebag

Sliding Bug with AE?

Just found this site yesterday, and I'm enjoying the heck out of playing through Oni again (for the millionth time).

I'm using AE and I've noticed something that's bugging me.  Whenever I use Konoko to roll or slide over a weapon to pick it up, she does pick it up, but the rolling/sliding animation starts over, so she sort of stutters from being in the middle of one slide to starting a totally new one.  Rolling over a hypo or ammo isn't a problem, only guns.

Currently I'm using the following Mods:

Andrashi Melee
Blood
Danger Glass/Breaking Moves
Improved Weapons
Improved Weather
Knockdown Revamp
New Chars/Weapons
SeverED Textures
Shinatam Too

I did a search before posting, as I was hoping someone else would've noticed this, but I didn't find anything.

Last edited by adouchebag (07/14/10 13:07)

#2 07/14/10 13:07

Mukade

Re: Sliding Bug with AE?

I think I've seen that before, but never really payed it much attention... Probably something to do with Andrashi Melee, or possibly Knockdown Revamp, since I think it's those mods that deal with animations

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 07/14/10 14:07

Gumby

Probably the knockdown revamp. Hmmm. I'll look into it.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 07/14/10 14:07

adouchebag

Thanks guys, I was going to try to just ignore it and live with it--until one of those double slides dropped me off a ledge to my death  hmm

#5 07/14/10 15:07

Gumby

Sorry, this isn't an AE bug, it is an Oni bug. And I can't fix it without changing the game code. Maybe someday in the future. smile

#6 07/14/10 15:07

adouchebag

Hmm, I must've done something wrong in the install then, cause I just deactivated Andrashi Melee and it's fixed now.

Question; is Andrashi's mod supposed to change Konoko's forward roll into her slide?  Because with Andrashi that's what happens, instead of doing her normal rolling animation when non dash running, she does her dashing slide animation.  Is that supposed to be the case?  I'm thinking if it's not Andrashi's mod then I must have done something wrong patching.

If this is in fact the case, maybe tomorrow I'll try a fresh install.

#7 07/14/10 17:07

Iritscen

Wow, I never saw that before.  Yeah, it is the Andrashi mod that causes that.  I knew it replaced the forward roll with a slide, which I'm not fond of, but I didn't know about the slide-reset bug.  Thanks for finding it, I'll see what we can do about it.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 07/14/10 21:07

Gumby

Even without Andrashi it still happens on side rolls. Nothing is wrong with your install.

#9 07/15/10 04:07

Iritscen

Hmm, what's this about side rolls?  Picking up a gun on a side roll seems fine to me.

#10 07/15/10 08:07

adouchebag

I just tried it without Andrashi's mod and yes, side rolls to pick up a gun does indeed do the stutter.  Can't believe I never noticed it before--probably never DID it before lol.

#11 07/15/10 17:07

Iritscen

Hmm, I didn't see it when I tested, but maybe that was because Konoko was invisible.

#12 07/15/10 18:07

Mukade

Well that maybe because it's not side rolls thats the issue, its slide/pickup weapons :-/

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Board footer