Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 06/16/10 21:06

Gumby

Re: AE Release! (2010-05)

demos_kratos wrote:

run_full.bat launches Vanilla Oni's engine in Edition's directory. OniMiAns have buka's Oni as well so when guys try to start oni in full screen they got some error I don't remember since C-Daodan doesn't support buka's engine.

Ah, I failed at making a .bat then. hmm

Edit: Aha, you are using the old .bats. : / hmm

Iritscen wrote:
Gumby wrote:

4. Idk. smile Ask Iritscen or EdT, I didn't touch that area.

It was me and Paradox, actually.  But it looks like the install process is not taking the new OBANs in Globalize/oni/level13_Final and putting them into the level files it generates, which puts the problem back in your court, Gumby. :0)

Hmm. Sounds like a bad link.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#102 06/16/10 22:06

Iritscen

Gumby wrote:

Hmm. Sounds like a bad link.

Okay, Gumby and I worked this one out.  We'll patch the Dream Lab cutscene photo issue soon.  Still getting the hang of how files are linked  hmm

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#103 06/17/10 01:06

demos_kratos

Edit: Aha, you are using the old .bats.

hmm, I dl'd PC AE yesterday just to check this.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#104 06/18/10 00:06

Gumby

AHA. Windowed mode bat is good, fullscreen is bad.

#105 06/18/10 12:06

love_Oni

Hey guys, there's something want to say about the AE. First of all, I want to say thank you all who has made AE for us so far. I'd say that this recent release has many awesome updates and they are making Oni even better, making it a more enjoyable game!

But still, there was some minor errors I have kept for a time. I hesitated to say them because I didn't want to be thought as "a person who always mention bad things" sad. I think I've got to say them, because if I don't, who will know and fix it? So I hope you will fix them now, ok? big_smile

The first thing is, when I pick the new gun that quickly shoot rays of blue plasma heat, then I do a back cart-wheel, something strange pops up in a second, and disappear. It is stranger that when I drop the gun and go one step head above the gun, the screen becomes whole-black. And only when that strange thing happen, Oni crashs when I load another level.

The second thing is, the dashing error in AI dashing mod hasn't been completely fixed yet. Muro, as many other male characters AIs, when dashing still has "dash, run, dash, run,..." bug. I'm sure it must be the lack of a move(s) in any TRAC, but since I'm not the one who made the mod, I don't know where I can fix it.

The third thing, not very serious, is about Muro's health. I know Muro's health has been increased since the "Upgrade ONCCs", but because of that, he doesn't have his overpower in the original last level script anymore, which he should have. It is just easy that we can increase his health in the script, but we must have one mind in deciding how much we will increase, and have it as an obligatory change each time we make a release.

Last but not least, the new developer mode in AE has something I want to say about. The first is, it doesn't has the function to pause the game anymore, like it did when I press "." (dot) key in the original Oni. The second is, sometime when I type a cheat while the developer mode is on, then I turn off the console the screen, the camera is strangely drifted far away. When I press "]" key, the camera stops and I teleport to the new location. That doesn't happen to me when I use the DM in the original Oni. And the last thing is, I can't adjust the gamma rate in AE, and when I want to play AE, I must first adjust the gamma outside the game, which is very inconvenient. Is there any possible way fix it?

Not wanting to bother you more, but I realize that some moves in game haven't been corrected since the "Andrashi TRAM". For example, Konoko's running left punch and Striker's running left kick can hardly hit enemy because their attacking body parts were set wrong, they must be "LeftFist" and "LeftCalf" instead of "RightFirst" and "RightCalf" as being set in the old TRAM. The same problem with Comguy's crouch punch and running back punch, as their attacking frame time were set wrong, so it is nearly impossible for you to hit enemy with those moves. There are many moves which have the same problem, too. I have known and fixed nearly all of them a long time ago, and I only have to fix the rest. I really want my fixed moves could be a update package in AE, and if you want so, just give me a speech. big_smile

I also have some animation ideas and I want to discuss with you a bit, as well as AI melee, which is the thing I want to improve for Oni. There are many things else I want to say but looks like I need to "pause" here. Thank you for reading all of my thought for such a long time. Regards, and I'd be happy to hear your feedback. big_smile

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#106 06/18/10 12:06

Gumby

love_Oni wrote:

Hey guys, there's something want to say about the AE. First of all, I want to say thank you all who has made AE for us so far. I'd say that this recent release has many awesome updates and they are making Oni even better, making it a more enjoyable game!

But still, there was some minor errors I have kept for a time. I hesitated to say them because I didn't want to be thought as "a person who always mention bad things" sad. I think I've got to say them, because if I don't, who will know and fix it? So I hope you will fix them now, ok? big_smile

The first thing is, when I pick the new gun that quickly shoot rays of blue plasma heat, then I do a back cart-wheel, something strange pops up in a second, and disappear. It is stranger that when I drop the gun and go one step head above the gun, the screen becomes whole-black. And only when that strange thing happen, Oni crashs when I load another level.

Not our gun. smile

The second thing is, the dashing error in AI dashing mod hasn't been completely fixed yet. Muro, as many other male characters AIs, when dashing still has "dash, run, dash, run,..." bug. I'm sure it must be the lack of a move(s) in any TRAC, but since I'm not the one who made the mod, I don't know where I can fix it.

I thought I had fixed it....Hm. This is odd. It isn't using the new animation. Will look into it.

Edit: Fixed for next patch.

The third thing, not very serious, is about Muro's health. I know Muro's health has been increased since the "Upgrade ONCCs", but because of that, he doesn't have his overpower in the original last level script anymore, which he should have. It is just easy that we can increase his health in the script, but we must have one mind in deciding how much we will increase, and have it as an obligatory change each time we make a release.

Hmm. Yeah that will have to be fixed...

Last but not least, the new developer mode in AE has something I want to say about. The first is, it doesn't has the function to pause the game anymore, like it did when I press "." (dot) key in the original Oni. The second is, sometime when I type a cheat while the developer mode is on, then I turn off the console the screen, the camera is strangely drifted far away. When I press "]" key, the camera stops and I teleport to the new location. That doesn't happen to me when I use the DM in the original Oni. And the last thing is, I can't adjust the gamma rate in AE, and when I want to play AE, I must first adjust the gamma outside the game, which is very inconvenient. Is there any possible way fix it?

It works the same as before. The gamma issue will be fixed within a few weeks when I release the next Daodan.

Not wanting to bother you more, but I realize that some moves in game haven't been corrected since the "Andrashi TRAM". For example, Konoko's running left punch and Striker's running left kick can hardly hit enemy because their attacking body parts were set wrong, they must be "LeftFist" and "LeftCalf" instead of "RightFirst" and "RightCalf" as being set in the old TRAM. The same problem with Comguy's crouch punch and running back punch, as their attacking frame time were set wrong, so it is nearly impossible for you to hit enemy with those moves. There are many moves which have the same problem, too. I have known and fixed nearly all of them a long time ago, and I only have to fix the rest. I really want my fixed moves could be a update package in AE, and if you want so, just give me a speech. big_smile

Please do upload them. I'm not going to turn down anything that lets me be more lazy. wink

I also have some animation ideas and I want to discuss with you a bit, as well as AI melee, which is the thing I want to improve for Oni. There are many things else I want to say but looks like I need to "pause" here. Thank you for reading all of my thought for such a long time. Regards, and I'd be happy to hear your feedback. big_smile

Make a thread or PM. smile

#107 06/18/10 18:06

Iritscen

Yeah, we appreciate your feedback, love_Oni.  We're definitely going to have to make a little patch release to fix some of the bugs we've heard about so far.

#108 06/18/10 21:06

Stevinlewis

We didnt make that gun O_O? And yea the "." and the "~" function isent working for me.

Last edited by Stevinlewis (06/18/10 21:06)

#109 06/19/10 14:06

Phydur

love_Oni wrote:

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 062#p22062
is this what you're taking about?
suposedly that was fixed.. try looking at the link on the second page...
perhaps you downloaded the old verson, and only recently installed it?

@stevin
i think he means that the gun isnt part of the AE release. EDT made it septerately, its not part of the AE.

Last edited by Phydur (06/19/10 14:06)

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#110 06/20/10 03:06

love_Oni

Phydur wrote:
love_Oni wrote:

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 062#p22062
is this what you're taking about?
suposedly that was fixed.. try looking at the link on the second page...
perhaps you downloaded the old verson, and only recently installed it?

No, that gun I installed was found in the mod in this release ("Devastator" mod, I think). I haven't try the link you gave me yet but I will try it now, thanks.

Gumby wrote:

Hmm. Yeah that will have to be fixed...

The function that sets Muro's health is in "compound.bsl", on the line 405. Since his normal health is 500 now, I suggest setting his health to 1000 so the last battle would be more challenging big_smile. Also, on the line 753, (the function that calls Muro's underlings to help him when his health is low), I suggest putting the health to 500 since he gets more health. And how about adding one more Elite when Muro needs to call for backup? Here, you can try my modified last battle, tell me what you think about it: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/m … download=1

Gumby wrote:

It works the same as before. The gamma issue will be fixed within a few weeks when I release the next Daodan.

Really? Wonderful! But what do mean by "It works the same as before"? I don't think so. The first two things I mentioned only happen to me in AE,  I've never face those problems in the original. I notice the DM in 2 versions is different. In the original Oni's folder, I put the file "vtuneapi.dll" to install DM, like installing a plugin. But the edition's folder, I don't have to put other file in it (because DM has been installed inside the engine, right?) I guess that makes the different, isn't it?

Gumby wrote:

Not wanting to bother you more, but I realize that some moves in game haven't been corrected since the "Andrashi TRAM". For example, Konoko's running left punch and Striker's running left kick can hardly hit enemy because their attacking body parts were set wrong, they must be "LeftFist" and "LeftCalf" instead of "RightFirst" and "RightCalf" as being set in the old TRAM. The same problem with Comguy's crouch punch and running back punch, as their attacking frame time were set wrong, so it is nearly impossible for you to hit enemy with those moves. There are many moves which have the same problem, too. I have known and fixed nearly all of them a long time ago, and I only have to fix the rest. I really want my fixed moves could be a update package in AE, and if you want so, just give me a speech.

Please do upload them. I'm not going to turn down anything that lets me be more lazy.

Ok, I just only have something to work on. When I finish, I will upload them as quick as possible.

Gumby wrote:

I also have some animation ideas and I want to discuss with you a bit, as well as AI melee, which is the thing I want to improve for Oni. There are many things else I want to say but looks like I need to "pause" here. Thank you for reading all of my thought for such a long time. Regards, and I'd be happy to hear your feedback.

Make a thread or PM.

OK. smile

Last edited by love_Oni (06/20/10 03:06)

#111 06/20/10 09:06

Gumby

The .dll is named differently, but they both serve the same purpose.

#112 06/20/10 13:06

Mukade

love_Oni wrote:

Also, on the line 753, (the function that calls Muro's underlings to help him when his health is low), I suggest putting the health to 500 since he gets more health. And how about adding one more Elite when Muro needs to call for backup? Here, you can try my modified last battle, tell me what you think about it: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/m … download=1

What's this you speak of... is this a modified final battle or the regular one? cause the way it works in the original is that backup only comes when previous backup dies (eg. one fury dies, one elite comes out, when both elites die, ninja comes out)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#113 06/20/10 22:06

love_Oni

Sure, that is my edited final battle. I added one more backup in there. He only appears when Muro is in danger.

#114 06/23/10 15:06

demos_kratos

Are all mods supposed to have onis in them? Why AEI doesn't list BSL-only mods? I mean mods which have "HasOnis -> No" setting. And how does AEI react to global scripts (%package%\bsl\global\*.bsl)?

Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?

#115 06/23/10 15:06

Gumby

Yes, they can be pure BSL.

And AEI reacts to global scripts just like any other script.

#116 06/23/10 17:06

Iritscen

Except that the Mac doesn't have a "global" folder, so mods that use that folder should be marked with the Platform->Windows flag.

#117 06/23/10 17:06

demos_kratos

Then why a package with following Mod.cfg is not listed by AEI? What did I do wrong?

AEInstallVersion ->  1.1
NameOfMod -> Nothind but Script
ModVersion -> 1.0
Creator -> dk
HasOnis -> No
HasBsl -> Yes
Readme -> Demo Package

If I say that it has onis that it is listed.

Last edited by demos_kratos (06/23/10 17:06)

#118 06/25/10 03:06

foreva

smile hi i am new here in this forum and i dunno a lot of thingsXD. i downloaded the new AE today .i globalize it and install all the mods available in the installer
but when i run the oni application nothing came out (shown in attachment 2)

i pressed 'run_full'(windows batch file) and i get this problem "windows cannot find '..\oni' Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again" (shown in attachment 1 )

i guess i must have doen something wrong but i dunno what, can you help me pls thank you  big_smile

Last edited by foreva (06/25/10 04:06)

#119 06/25/10 04:06

s10k
Website

Rename Oni(2) to Oni, or just double click in Oni(2) to start the game.

#120 06/25/10 04:06

foreva

Hey thanks XDD ha i m real stupid

Last edited by foreva (06/25/10 05:06)

#121 06/25/10 13:06

Gumby

What happened is the run_full.bat is bugged. My fault.

#122 07/01/10 12:07

Sharoduinn

I noticed that that now the BGI Pistol has a recoil, though it shouldn't hmm . Or is it just me...? Also, the pistol hasn't got a description yet. I'd be glad to write something for it, just to contribute to Oni somehow and take some work off your hands (I'm no use in scripting/modding so it would be nice to do something to help smile )
I could then make descriptions for all the other undescribed weapons included in AE.
What do you think? Good idea/bad idea? roll

"Sorry about the mess"

#123 07/01/10 13:07

Gumby

We can't add more descriptions for guns, or the game will crash.

#124 07/01/10 17:07

Iritscen

Hmm, well I believe all the weapons do have descriptions, but Oni can't display them all.  Also, we fixed the pistol, it wasn't supposed to have no recoil.  It's still not a finished weapon, but at least it's not unbalanced now.

#125 07/01/10 18:07

Gumby

No, only two of the new weapons have descriptions.

Board footer