Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/06/10 07:06

levka1

Oni Level 14

I just wanted to know if its possible somehow lure the snipers.. sometimes i dunno why they like fall noclip and appear on the ground.. one time long ago i played got all hypos and staff on the first check point without almost losing health points..
I am finishing Oni now with new Anniversary version and i just want to make level 14 like all other levels.. just in all other levels i can kill my enemies, plan ahead, know i gonna do and with this damned sniper i dunno what to do.. possibly someone lure one or two of them then take the sniper and shoot the others? getting really tired start all over again after i successfully backbreak first 3 enemies then gets hit by sniper..

#2 06/06/10 08:06

Striker

Re: Oni Level 14

The only way you can lure snipers onto the ground is by BSL coding. I haven't ever seen a sniper get down from the towers, so I believe it is impossible without BSL.

Just run as fast as possible and attempt to dodge the mercury shots. The best way to do that is by picking up the cloak behind the boxes in the beginning, and run towards the entrance of the Syndicate Mountain Compound Building.

Hope it helped.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#3 06/06/10 11:06

Mukade

Yeah the cloak helps, I think what would be a good addon in the next AE would be a bunch of crates stacked near the towers so you can actually get up into them? I don't know how hard it would be to add stuff to the game, but I suppose it would be easier than actually creating a model and having to import it from scratch.... Hey didn't edT succeed in adding a car into Airport?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 06/06/10 11:06

levka1

ye i also hope someone will add things to this level.. its the most empty level in the game.. more then airport.. when reading critic reviews about empty spaces i agree about this level.. and i hate things i cant kill, especially snipers.. 40 minutes ago played.. got 4 hypos +2 ammo clips without losing health and killed everybody in the close area(including stryker with plasma gun, and 2 enemies inside) then i went out because i remembered there is green ammo clip.. then got hit by sniper.. so lame yikes

#5 06/06/10 12:06

Mukade

And then theres the powerups on top of the towers.... the only way you can get them is by
a) Shooting yourself up there using SBG, but you lose so much health it's not worth doing it or
b) cheating, but if you're cheating, why would you need the powerups?

And i agree about the open spaces part, I think what would be cool is if when you got up to the "big spaces" like that first air strip a bunch of airport security came up with a bunch of guns and had an awesome cross fire between you and the syndicate, and perhaps add more luggage and stuff so you can advance towards them under cover without getting your @** handed to you, and get some hand to hand in.

I know, everyone loves melee, but I think we are neglecting the weapons here smile
Again, something to think about in AE or future mods?

Last edited by Mukade (06/06/10 12:06)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 06/06/10 13:06

Striker

Mukade wrote:

Yeah the cloak helps, I think what would be a good addon in the next AE would be a bunch of crates stacked near the towers so you can actually get up into them? I don't know how hard it would be to add stuff to the game, but I suppose it would be easier than actually creating a model and having to import it from scratch.... Hey didn't edT succeed in adding a car into Airport?

Wasn't that just a new model and texture he replaced with another car?

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#7 06/06/10 15:06

Mukade

Possibly, I dunno... I still think it is doable, just edit one of the BINAs and add object

Last edited by Mukade (06/06/10 15:06)

#8 06/06/10 15:06

s10k
Website

I have also saw snipers in the ground. I believe it happens random.

#9 06/07/10 10:06

levka1

Is it possible for someone to make few boxes near this level? or will it be too difficult? having mercury bow at the level start can really help..

#10 06/07/10 12:06

paradox-01

Too bad there isn't level import yet, but I'm sure if that day comes you will get your box or something else useful to get into the tower.

#11 06/10/10 20:06

Muro

you can get onto of the tower near the main hanger. just jump on top of the main building and bingo.

#12 06/10/10 22:06

Mukade

paradox-01 wrote:

Too bad there isn't level import yet, but I'm sure if that day comes you will get your box or something else useful to get into the tower.

So as far as you guys know, it's impossible to import objects into the game?

hmm, I thought one of the BINA's took care of objects... I've always wondered whether objects were seperate entities or part of the map itself...

#13 06/11/10 14:06

levka1

Muro, what do you mean? i havent explored that level much.. but its pretty empty.. you mean the tower near the 2 weapons and the green ammo clip?

#14 06/11/10 16:06

Mukade

I think I know the one... it's the one nearest to the door into the compund right?

#15 06/11/10 21:06

love_Oni

Yes, that one can be jumped on by using "behemoth" cheat. I remember seeing someone did it in a movie before, but don't remember where.

There are some videos about jumping on the tower here, but the SBG was used and that's what we didn't want to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQYVnL-rmOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSOLSh_a … re=related

But I'm sure there was a way to jump on the tower without using the SGB somewhere.

Last edited by love_Oni (06/11/10 21:06)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#16 06/12/10 01:06

Mukade

Using the SBG isnt worth it, you lose more than you gain

#17 06/13/10 07:06

love_Oni

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#18 06/13/10 07:06

Sharoduinn

Nice job big_smile
but I wonder could that be done without the cheats...?
I think I'm going to start trying this too  wink

"Sorry about the mess"

#19 06/16/10 19:06

RuthgerMiles

I played oni today and its not like it was, a bit boring i know where all the enemy's are and its just too easy even if u put it on hard and use ''killmequick'' Is there any i can do to make oni intereseting again? any new mp mods?

cheers

You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

#20 06/16/10 20:06

Mukade

What do you mean by mp mods? Multiplayer mods? Hate to break it to you but Multiplayer still has a ways to go smile

If you want something a bit different, try Leus's Rooftop Zen Garden mod, basically a "sandbox" where you get to choose what enemies you fight, items, guns, teams and even music

Also, have you tried mastering a new character? I find it's always a way to shake things up

Last edited by Mukade (06/16/10 20:06)

Board footer