Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/04/10 15:06

levka1

Fighting Game like Oni

Hey to all, i havnt been here around long time.. i saw in youtube, the number of Oni videos increased by 10 tongue..
Well I recommend ya Batman: Arkham Asylum... SO far the best game i have played in a while..  i mean last year..
Well the combat is easy to play, but hard to master..  by game like oni fighting i mean a lot of combination, taking weapon of someone and hitting him with it.. when you look at this gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMVJvAydeSA
it looks easy, but this game is one of the best games i have ever played.. it got all this good reviews, non negative, second game is in production..
Well you just press mouse 1 to hit if its kick or punch, then if someone is attacking you you press mouse2 and Batman performs counter attack, you can jump on one of the enemies, throw battarangs and well heck a lot of tactics, like when you face henchman armed with 2 knifes you need to stun him first, or when someone holds electrical club, you need to jump behind him, leaning on his back and throwing you to the other side.. well heck a lot of other staff..
I personally downloaded the game, as i didn't expect to like it,but hell its good! also i should warn ya, if ya download you can face different problems as i did in the first time.. well i personally recommend this game and finished it 3 times.. Oni i finished about 1000 times.. and today finished it again, then i remembered you guys here and thought to recommend one game.. (Btw i am also Batman fan as i was a kid,so i recommend this game anyways-there are just no negative things about it) ..

Btw off topic , this is Anything But Oni so i thought i post here pull up and push up challenge i am currently doing..
http://twentypullups.com
http://www.hundredpushups.com

If some people will take this challenge, write how much do ya do ( height:183cm weight:83kg pullups:14 pushups 55)

Uh well good to be at the forum.. many updates got tired already of reading page after page of new messages..

#2 06/04/10 16:06

Lithium

Re: Fighting Game like Oni

hmm if we all recommended games with easy to learn hard to master we'ed have a lot of games*
But yea Arkham Asylum looks fun, its probably the second or third best batman game. (first being batman on the nes of course)

*list of those 'ETLHTM' games final fight, streets of rage, tekken, street fighter, double dragon, smash bros., and blah blah blah

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 06/04/10 17:06

levka1

nono.. before you say anything try it.. dunno why it wildly reminds me of Oni.. its considered the best Batman game.. better then nes and any other previous games.. check in the net review.. by some considered best game of 2009.. by some the best one so far..
I recommend it because i really like it and i think people who enjoy Oni will enjoy this game for sure.. this is the first game i liked in many years (dragonage origins,battlefield bd2,jedy wars,call of duty series..) i dunno this game is just really fulfilling ..
And i always read review like.. Bad reviews, but i like the game more then any other for example: Oni,Jericho.. but this game rating is A and its nothing like the others.. i am not a gamer, but when i have free time, either i workout, either play old games that are considered classic like nwn,bg,oni.. and now this Batman..
WEll before you write anymore just read and try it.. i am not one of those who suggest crappy based games.. i rarely recommend something so check it out..

#4 06/04/10 17:06

Iritscen

I played the Batman demo and was quite impressed.  Some day if I have the time, I'll probably buy the full copy.  Although I will say that the combat didn't seem as challenging and freeform as Oni's... more based on timed button presses.  And the AI takes polite turns when attacking.  But a good game, nonetheless.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 06/04/10 17:06

levka1

Also Oxe161 when you try it i bet you will change you whole mind about this thread..  cmn.. i am comparing a game to Oni?! there arent any game that you can compare to Oni's perfection! tell me you can compare tekken or street fighter to third person shooter/melee with awesome plot and awesome communities like this two games yikes
And Oni btw is also considered like you ETLHTM, for example beating Mutated Muro,without taking any damage, you say not possible? i say master tongue  BTW can someone tell me the changes in the last Anniversary Edition ?? i read but didnt quite get it? is it worth updating or nothing special was really added?

#6 06/04/10 17:06

levka1

ye you are right Iritscen, but nowdays there aren't any good games available.. the market is full of pure big bags of cr@p hmm
I am writing Oni 2 in google for few good years in hope to see update: ONi now Is Now available! buy now %20.. or something like that..  unfortunately there arent really games like that.. and playing Batman 3 times kind of reminded me of Oni, even as you say its only a matter of button clickin..

#7 06/04/10 19:06

Lithium

touche

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#8 06/05/10 03:06

TOCS

Hmpf, quite funny seeing this - as I'm having a copy of it myself on Steam, though I've never played it.

Board footer