Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 05/31/10 20:05

TheCreature

Re: AE Release! (2010-05)

Nope.  When I hit secondary fire, Konoko kicks as if there's no secondary fire.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#27 05/31/10 21:05

Gumby

Not sure what's wrong then. hmm Perhaps it didn't update?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#28 05/31/10 21:05

Gumby

Samer wrote:

1-Loser's Brutal AI package still makes all AI not use their supers. as mentioned by me and love_Oni before in several threads.
an alternative version by Edt gives a much better result of a Brutal Konoko and Brutal AI who can use their supers.

Sorry, I hadn't realized that it wasn't in this version.

2-Still there is no easy way to add character classes except by manually telling the installer (user) to go copy them to the globalize folder ...
and none of my custom characters work anymore ... because I
used a character variant which got re-globalized and replaced by a new ONVLvariant_list.oni .. it would have been nice of u guys to include the ONVL-variant-list which supports all the characters others and I have made, and not just the old BGI ... it's already ready. http://mods.oni2.net/node/112

Make it into a package form and install. As I have said before, you never need to put things directly into the Globalize folder.

3- the new SeverED package is giving me white textures for Konoko's and Shinatama's head except for the Konoko in the blue uniform ... but not Muro or Barabas or the furies .. note : I had SeverED texture package before and it worked fine before the update. SNAG-0037.jpg

Not sure what's wrong with it. Try deleting the SeverED package and replace it with a fresh copy from the zip. If that doesn't work, copy the binkw32.dll from the zip, too.

also just a side note : The BGI characters package in my opinion should have been removed since they are only space holders as have been mentioned before ... or at least updated to include some of the newer BGI characters ? instead of all those repeated characters in master chief's uniform ( the godzilla one btw is missing the earthquake particle)  ( the new ... Jubei Akane ... Bgi agents ... Black & White Chief ?)

As Iritscen said, this release was focused on the framework. For the next release we will look into adding other characters.

#29 05/31/10 22:05

TheCreature

Hmmm... let's see.  Everything else seems to be working, and it all looks like AE 2010 with blood, new menus etc.  How about this:  The "weapon improvement" package only contains "Long lasting bullet casings" same as last AE.  Would it be there?

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#30 05/31/10 22:05

Gumby

Odd. The update must not have copied. Recopy that package from the zip.

#31 05/31/10 22:05

TheCreature

Okay... It unzips and everything is the same.  It gives me a folder containing the readme and the AE updater.  When I run the updater it says I already have AE updated, which is true.

Might this have something to do with Mono?  I saw that in the readme, and I don't think I have it.

#32 05/31/10 23:05

Mukade

are you sure there aren't two weapon improvement packages? I think there was 2 brutal AI packages, but I think thats just because of the way I installed it

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#33 06/01/10 00:06

Gumby

TheCreature: I mean go inside updates\Edition\install\packages and copy it out.

Mukade: Brutal AI was renumbered. Do two packages show up on the list? How did you install it?

#34 06/01/10 03:06

Samer
Website

Gumby I think some packages aren't getting updated. for me none of them did and I had to manually unzip them ... which is really ok ... but was it supposed to be automatic ?

for the SeverED pack ... copying the binkw32 solved it thanks and a whole lot of other problems i was having with buffer overflow, and blurs not showing smile I see there's reflectivity for Konoko's hair and Shinatama's face, which look awesome !... I'll upload my other Konoko packs with those textures too smile

for the character class : No making it a pack doesn't work because the globalize folder is written last it will overwrite it with the ONVLvariantlist u guys included originally for the old bgi so the new character's class will end up not being in the list and not show up in game...
the easiest solution was if u removed that folder form the Globalize folder and moved it to the NewCharacters Package ... ( then if I make a package it would work and not get overwritten by the globalize folder)  the exact folder is :
...\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Globalization

any reason u originally had\have that folder there instead of the new characters package ?

P.S : I LOVE THE NEW HD screens and menus ! big_smile

Last edited by Samer (06/01/10 05:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#35 06/01/10 04:06

dream996

1.it takes quite while to actually get into the game  after the loading screen
2.different part of bodys of character is gone black

question: is it only level 0/1 's texture developed ?

PunBB bbcode test

#36 06/01/10 06:06

TOCS

@ dream996: If you've been using my .exe, you'll need to replace it again. The RGBA32 format can't be displayed properly without the change in the hex-code.

#37 06/01/10 07:06

Iritscen

Okay, I believe I've fixed the updating bug.  Some packages were indeed not getting updated.  Curse Windows and its double-newlines.  I am rather agog at the fact that we missed this bug, but if you download the AE again, you should find that it updates all existing packages now.  As of right now, Gumby is not awake yet, so he hasn't updated the Windows files.  I recommend you not download that release until he can deal with the situation.  See the first post for instructions on how to update the Mac version (basically, delete the updates/ folder and you fool "Install the AE" into updating 2010-05 to 2010-05a).

Last edited by Iritscen (06/01/10 08:06)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#38 06/01/10 08:06

TheCreature

Thanks.  It's working perfectly now.

#39 06/01/10 08:06

Iritscen

Are you showing a longer description for the Better Weapons and Andrashi TRAM packages?

#40 06/01/10 08:06

TheCreature

Yep.  It's giving me all sorts of description about Andrashi, and there are several new "better weapons."

EDIT:  Uh oh.  It's quitting the game whenever I try to enter a level.  What'd I do wrong now?

Last edited by TheCreature (06/01/10 08:06)

#41 06/01/10 08:06

Iritscen

Okay, sounds like it's working.  Thanks for your quick responses.

#42 06/01/10 09:06

Samer
Website

Iritscen while changes are being made any chance u would remove the character class folder from the globalization one and move it to the new characters package ?

the onvl there just has the class of the old bgi which are going to be replaced sooner or later .. and they keep overwriting any new character class (since globalization folder is written last) .. except if it's manually copied over it.

if u just remove that folder from Globalize \Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Globalization  and put the oncvs and onvl in the package itself it would make adding new character classes much easier in the future ...by easily including them in the package.

and Edt's brutal AI ... package gives super bad konoko while still keeping the supers of other characters unlike Loser's .... I uploaded it and made the info changes

Last edited by Samer (06/01/10 09:06)

#43 06/01/10 11:06

EdT
Website

Samer: I'll need to double check after work, but I thought I put your modified ONCV and ONLV in a package and it worked for me. 

Also, I'm thinking of updating the Brutal AI, by making all the classes harder to fight. One way is adjusting the Dodge and Blocking settings. http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD:BINA/OBJC/MELE

So when are you done with school and on your summer break?

Last edited by EdT (06/01/10 11:06)

#44 06/01/10 11:06

Gumby

"or the character class : No making it a pack doesn't work because the globalize folder is written last"

Wrong. Everything overrides Globalize.

EDIT: Uploading as we speak.

#45 06/01/10 12:06

Samer
Website

so how come it never worked before :\ ?

#46 06/01/10 13:06

TheCreature

Ummm....  Problem:  AE Oni now automatically quits whenever I try to enter a level.  And Vanilla Oni just quits as soon as I open it.  Sorry me and my problems are being such a bother.

#47 06/01/10 14:06

Gumby

TheCreature: Sounds like your Oni install is bad. sad

#48 06/01/10 14:06

TOCS

Man, with this update I feel like throwing everything out - starting out from scratch again.

#49 06/01/10 14:06

Gumby

Sorry. sad

#50 06/01/10 15:06

TheCreature

Thanks.  It's working again.

Board footer