Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/16/10 02:05

Paff
Website

Poll: Which character(s) do you usually use?

I'm curious which characters everyone uses, so I figured I'd make a poll. Because there are only ten poll slots, I couldn't list every character. If you use one that isn't listed, go ahead and post about it. (Mod characters are fine.)

Personally, I still just use Konoko. I've never gotten tired of her moveset, and none of the other characters have really grabbed me.

Last edited by Paff (05/16/10 02:05)

#2 05/16/10 06:05

Iritscen

Re: Poll: Which character(s) do you usually use?

I think we've had this poll before wink  I also am a Konoko-only player.  Playing as little as I do, I don't have the time to get good with the other characters.  And of course some of them can't even jump high enough to traverse parts of some levels.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 05/16/10 11:05

Lithium

Tanker, Muro, Elite, Ninja, Fury, Females

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#4 05/16/10 11:05

myplea1

I use Konoko, but the Mukade version of konoko created by Samer.
Mostly just for the better jump and shadow slide. cool

Last edited by myplea1 (05/16/10 11:05)

Awol

#5 05/16/10 11:05

Mukade

I use Akane, created by Samer, she is a pure blend of fury and ninja, two excellent fighters. She serves me well smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 05/16/10 11:05

adorage

We definitely had this poll before. I remember answering that I like to use the female civilians because I like the idea of a civilian beating everyone up. But I'll gladly repeat it: I like to use the female civilians because I like the idea of a civilian beating everyone up. I generally have a thing for this contrast between extraordinary abilities and a very "plain" outside look (feel free to psychoanalyse tongue)

Last edited by adorage (05/16/10 11:05)

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#7 05/16/10 11:05

Iritscen

Now that you say that, adorage, I think I'll probably have to try a playthrough with a civilian too, it sounds amusing.  But... how do you get through Rooftops? smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 05/16/10 11:05

Mukade

Female civies should be able to jump as high as konoko, they have all the same moves and abilities

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#9 05/16/10 13:05

adorage

I think their jumps are shorter... I don't know if I ever played Rooftops as a civilian... I never made it a project to beat the game in a certain role - but I think I'll try the level with a civilian. I should be writing internship applications, so I'm more than happy to play Oni instead, hahaha.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#10 05/16/10 13:05

Paff
Website

In retrospect, I should have expected that this poll had been done before, heh. Does anyone remember approximately when the last character poll was? I'd be curious to go dig up the results.

It sounds like Samer's made some interesting characters.

adorage wrote:

I generally have a thing for this contrast between extraordinary abilities and a very "plain" outside look (feel free to psychoanalyse tongue)

Heh, I definitely have the same thing. I think it has something to do with wanting to root for the underdog, and/or finding that contrast funny. It's part of why, in Super Smash Bros. Melee, I play Princess Peach, who looks really wimpy but is actually extremely tough and an excellent fighter.

#11 05/16/10 18:05

Mukade

Yeha, you should check out his post on the 3rd party mod sticky, get some of his characters an play em

#12 05/17/10 01:05

northero
Website

ee only 2 chose fury including me basically I prefer fury as I like their throws.... I especially love the 1 throw by the fury from the back the 1 where she kicks the enemy into the air and they land on their head with a thud... w+right lick from the back.
I also like it when the furies run directly at the enemy from the back and right click u jump over them and throw them on the ground although the elites' back running is nice too  wink

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#13 05/17/10 13:05

Mukade

The character I use, Akane, uses both of those moves big_smile

Board footer