Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 05/12/10 13:05

Mukade

Re: Mod ideas

That's not a bad idea, and probably doable. Question is, you would probably have to increase game difficulty to balance this.

This would have to be done using BSL coding

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#27 05/12/10 16:05

Gumby

Mukade wrote:

That's not a bad idea, and probably doable. Question is, you would probably have to increase game difficulty to balance this.

This would have to be done using BSL coding

What part of it would need BSL?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#28 05/12/10 16:05

Tiger_of_Kai

TheCreature wrote:

How would this work?  How would we control the powers?  It might look cool, but I'm not sure how practical this would be.  Cool idea though.  That first one sounds like Barabas' draining regeneration mod.

my basic idea for it would be to replace any weapon Konoko picked up would be replaced by a corresponding aura around her, the weapon itself made invisible but still in her single handed weapon stance.

also i wasnt refering to his Regen ability, i was refering to his gun, the laser that shoots out of it

#29 05/12/10 20:05

TheCreature

Hmm.... I know you were refrencing the WMC about the plasma beam.  I was looking at the screaming cannon one.  it reminded me of a mod that was made a while ago, affecting his regeneration.

Have you used the firework "weapon"?  It's just a single pixel that acts like a normal weapon, but is practically invisible.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#30 05/12/10 21:05

Mukade

Yup, this is the weapon Mukade uses, if you hadn't noticed. The reason it's only one pixel is because it's meant to be thought of as a power, not a gun.

@Gumby, I really haven't thought about it, but it just seems to complicated to be able to do with just the weapon XML

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#31 05/12/10 22:05

Gumby

Mukade wrote:

Yup, this is the weapon Mukade uses, if you hadn't noticed. The reason it's only one pixel is because it's meant to be thought of as a power, not a gun.

@Gumby, I really haven't thought about it, but it just seems to complicated to be able to do with just the weapon XML

Attach a big glowy sprite to the weapon (think like the one on the plasma rifle, but bigger) and give it a dummy model (like the one used on Mukade's gun.

#32 05/13/10 14:05

Mukade

Yeah, for the visual effect it would work, but what about the actual functionality of it?

#33 05/13/10 17:05

Gumby

I'm not sure what functionality you want. xD

#34 05/14/10 12:05

Mukade

Well, Tiger_Kai was saying that each aura would have different effects, such as health drain aura etc..

#35 05/15/10 16:05

Tiger_of_Kai

yeah, basicly what Mukade said

Board footer