Website

Re: Wraith Squad

Here's a video of the squad in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0plxJ7AsydU

#27 05/04/10 16:05

Samer
Website

yay I'm glad u like the idea smile I really like the first version paradox with the lens flare big_smile

they can be really great new characters ... the elemental squad tongue one can have fire texture with particles similar to mukade's chenille by gumby ...

and the electric one big_smile ... also combine that with mutant muro's special attacks ( the actual spikes as a move can they be made blue instead of red ?) ... and maybe we can do something like Edt did with the sentry droid and guard dogs ... give them the ability to shoot electricity ( Van de graff or the phaser) or fire or something similar.

and love the Mod Squad, EdT ... I like the yellow texture on that model tongue ( I know I was supposed to texture the alien model ages go :$)

in my various character thread I put an idea a while ago of a robot called Elektra which was supposedly to have electrical powers... but I think an electric ghost is much cooler smile keep up the good work paradox and EdT ^_^

Last edited by Samer (05/04/10 17:05)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#28 05/05/10 17:05

Mukade

@ Samer

yeahhh, i was actually working on sumthing like that, in fact I made it so a character can shoot a lightning bolt of out its fist on a punch move , just had a little trouble aiming it...
With some new animations it could be possible big_smile

Also , would it be possible to make a character transparent completely, but make them visible using particles (like moonshadow and chenille on at the smae time?) Cause it would be really cool of those colors sort of... shifted around like a shield.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#29 05/06/10 00:05

EdT
Website

Yes, you can easily create a transparent texture.

Here's a quick test:
invisibleONCC.jpg

#30 05/06/10 02:05

Gumby

If you just want shifty colors, try setting the Shield\DaodanShield flags on the TXMP...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#31 05/06/10 06:05

Mukade

@ Gumby, daodan shield would be a nice touch for a *nearly* invisible opponent big_smile
if you hit them with a gun, they flash red, but otherwise, they're still invisible. And I'm sure it's possible to activate it on contact with fists and feet, and even change the color to a more stealthy color.

@EdT Yeah! see something that that would be awesome! I'm sure it's posible to make some cool characters by doing stuff like that big_smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#32 05/13/10 17:05

Leus
Website

I'm really diggin' these ideas.  I wanna fight some opponents where I have to use heightened senses other than sight.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#33 05/14/10 12:05

Mukade

Exaccttlllyyy

Or even when they punch or sumthin, they reappear kinda like a phase cloaked enemy when theyre hit, they phase in for a split second. Also you'd have to listen to their footsteps

#34 05/14/10 12:05

paradox-01

What if EdT gives them antinoise devices? They will be silent death. lol Muahahahaha.

#35 05/15/10 14:05

Mukade

Let us hope that day never comes  yikes

#36 02/08/11 02:02

Samer
Website

EdT i have a question did u ever release the "mod squad" the one with the colored textures, yellow and red and blue ... when i downlaod the wraith squad from the depot i only get them all in grey :\

#37 02/08/11 09:02

EdT
Website

I never released the "Mod Squad", but you can make your own.  Make a texture with an alpha channel, add some random brush strokes and save as transparent texture.  Import to Oni with alpha channel, no envmap flag, then you have stealth texture!

Actually, the grey works well for stealth.  Many times I don't see them until it's too late!

#38 02/08/11 10:02

TOCS

Heh, I actually used freak out when my textures came out looking like this after working countless of hours - then realizing I forgot to add envmap. tongue

#39 02/08/11 17:02

Samer
Website

mm yeah Edt i know how to make one but i don't have time :S I'm trying to finish the projects i have before my vacation is over (in 6 days) .. so :$ :$ if u already have the textures can't u upload them or send them to me :$ ? the red one and yellow one look really cool and i already have the blue one. i'd love to play with them :$

#40 02/08/11 18:02

EdT
Website

The "Mod squad" has been added to the depot: http://mods.oni2.net/node/134

Have fun.

#41 02/08/11 18:02

Lithium

Oh boy

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#42 02/08/11 19:02

Samer
Website

thanks EdT smile ... but something is wrong .. it keeps blaming Oni whenever i load any level, i tried installing it as the only package, repackaging it and removing the level4_final .. but still it's blaming ... any idea what might be causing this ? i'll try to trouble shoot some more :\

oxe can u test it on PC ?

#43 02/08/11 19:02

Lithium

Sure my friend ^_^

#44 02/08/11 19:02

Samer
Website

ok tell me how it goes oxe  smile to see if the problem is with the package or something on my end.

#45 02/08/11 19:02

Lithium

Yeah it crashed right away

#46 02/08/11 20:02

EdT
Website

Now I remember... the mod squad needs an ONCVwraith and an updated ONVLvariant_list file, that's why I never released it before.

#47 02/08/11 20:02

Samer
Website

ouh if u want to EdT send me the ONCVs and I'll add them to the ONVL and to the character variant fix http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1413 ... and then u can add a note that it requires character variant fix version 3.  like i do with my other packages.

Last edited by Samer (02/08/11 20:02)

#48 02/08/11 21:02

Samer
Website

EdT i updated the character variant fix to version 3a it now supports the Wraith Mod Squad and any other custom characters.  whenever u want to make a new variant say for the guard dogs and the sentry droid tell me and i'll update the character variant fix so all custom characters stay compatible smile

#49 02/08/11 21:02

EdT
Website

Samer: Thank you.  I added the note to the wraith page.

#50 02/08/11 21:02

Samer
Website

Thank YOU EdT ^_^ !  i love the animated fire texture big_smile

Board footer