Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/21/07 22:08

ookami

Strange Lights

Odd thing I've noticed with the lights in the game. I can see them through the walls. I don't think this is normal. It detracts from gameplay because I can see plasma rifles, mercury bows, and so forth as they are being carried about. Anyone have any ideas what causes this or how to fix it?

#2 08/22/07 04:08

geyser
Website

Re: Strange Lights

It's not supposed to happen for all the lights and all the time... For me it's just a few doorlights.
When it happens, it's something with Open GL depth reads. Might be OS- and hardware-specific.
Oni doesn't behave the same way on every PC, and we'd need to reproduce a bug to fix it...
Maybe give us some more details. Do all the lights show through whenever you play Oni?

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 08/22/07 12:08

ookami

This is a picture of how the lights are shining through the wall. They appear to be slightly off the textures that represent the light. From the Airport Hangar level.

#4 08/22/07 12:08

ookami

This other picture is of a plasma rifle shining from some distance through the wall, and the red light to the left, under the crosshair, is actually a door light on another wall. From the second savepoint of the final level.

#5 08/22/07 12:08

geyser
Website

So, does it do it all the time?

About the screenshots:
1) I know what shine-through lights look like.
2) The BMP format is not a good idea. At all.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 08/22/07 16:08

ookami

Yep. All the time, it does it. Sorry about using bitmaps. Will take time to convert next time.

Board footer