Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/27/10 16:04

Gelenn

Greetings and help with move editing

Well first of all I just found this forum and I'm quite impressed with the mods and community here- never thought of Oni as the type of game that could be modded before!

As the title suggests, I would like to do a bit of tweaking with moves and their effects. For example, changing moves' damages, speed(this one might be harder if it involves editing the animations- something I want to avoid), type of hit (head vs chest, etc), knockback, etc. I don't necessarily want to create any moves, just work with the ones that are already there. I've played around with OniSplit and I have a decent understanding of how to convert the files, edit, create packages, and so on. I mostly need a better understanding of how the game reads files to execute moves so I can edit appropriately, as well as any other information that might be useful.

Thanks a ton to anyone that can help!

#2 04/27/10 19:04

Mukade

Re: Greetings and help with move editing

One thing that's really easy to play with would be damage, and a few other elements like it. If you find the move you want, download Onisplit, and extract the .oni file of the animation into a .xml format, from there, you can change a bunch of stuff without touching the animation.

If you think you've accomplished sumthin and want to bring it back into the game, it's necessary to have AE and the AE installer. You can probably find more detailed instructions somewhere on the forum.

Good to have you btw!

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Board footer