Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 04/25/10 01:04

Gumby

Re: Animations

Mukade wrote:

Hey Edt, I was wondering if I could trouble you for a few more animations? Specifically, I want ninja's idle stance, shadowstep and if you can think of any that  might be useful, like run start is a good one because it's used to go into throws usually, stuff like that. Thx

Just a tip, if you want to do teleportation type moves, edit the Z values by hand afterward.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#27 04/25/10 11:04

EdT
Website

#28 04/25/10 12:04

Mukade

Thanks alot

Gumby wrote:
Mukade wrote:

Hey Edt, I was wondering if I could trouble you for a few more animations? Specifically, I want ninja's idle stance, shadowstep and if you can think of any that  might be useful, like run start is a good one because it's used to go into throws usually, stuff like that. Thx

Just a tip, if you want to do teleportation type moves, edit the Z values by hand afterward.

Z values being the height of the different parts? So what your saying is when they character doesn't actually disappear, just moves beneath the floor or... what?

Also, I was wondering if it's possible to temporarily create a duplicate of youself suring an animation? A character that would break off from you, do an animation and disappear. So, while making the animation I would clone the character, and make each do a seperate animation.

Last edited by Mukade (04/25/10 12:04)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#29 04/25/10 12:04

Gumby

Mukade wrote:

Thanks alot

Gumby wrote:
Mukade wrote:

Z values being the height of the different parts? So what your saying is when they character doesn't actually disappear, just moves beneath the floor or... what?

Also, I was wondering if it's possible to temporarily create a duplicate of youself suring an animation? A character that would break off from you, do an animation and disappear. So, while making the animation I would clone the character, and make each do a seperate animation.

Yes and....No. sad

#30 04/25/10 13:04

Mukade

Hmm, you might be right, but I have to try anyways... in fact, what might work, is making a "shadow version" of youself as a particle... that would take a little more work I expect, but if I did that, I could alter the duplicates to look more shadowy or sumthin

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#31 04/25/10 19:04

Gumby

Mukade wrote:

Hmm, you might be right, but I have to try anyways... in fact, what might work, is making a "shadow version" of youself as a particle... that would take a little more work I expect, but if I did that, I could alter the duplicates to look more shadowy or sumthin

It would technically be possible...but it would be a pain in the arse.

Board footer