Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 04/16/10 05:04

Iritscen

Re: Oni cosplay?

Oh hey, welcome!  It's nice to see Oni getting some cosplay love; I wasn't sure if anyone did that even back in 2001, so I was surprised to see something from 2009.  Thanks for reminding people about the game smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#52 04/16/10 11:04

TOCS

It's great to see that Oni is becomming more popular and seen. We're getting closer to sequel.

#53 04/16/10 13:04

3llense'g

deadlybeautygoddess wrote:
3llense'g wrote:

Google can be nice:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2361903/

Several pictures of the like. Discuss!

Found this forum coz someone commented on my youtube video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWRugINb7eI

How appropriate, that was me. smile Welcome! So how much work was it to create the costume?

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#54 04/20/10 17:04

Mukade

Gahhh, the more I see these the more I want an Oni costume, but I don't have any materials to build such costumes... yikes

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#55 04/20/10 23:04

Alazam

Hmm i've been advertising it to my firends, they say they sound interested in Oni beause of Bungie and elites and TCTF swats similar to master chief etc.
Also oxe says he "apologizes" for not being online :l

Damn it oxe i don't wanna do this 'sigh'
"Okay Megaman! Come into my lair and die!"

#56 04/21/10 00:04

Shade

Loser wrote:

That sorta-nun-in-blue is Briget. HE is a guy, but due to some reasons ( use google, I am lazy ) was raised as a girl.

About russian cosplayers - I searched for it last night, pic is probably lost forever in the endless Internet goo. However, found those girls.

Well, I guess. We are talking about ONE picture of girls I have no interest in, so recalling their faces is beyond my conscious capabilities.

Still, I think it is them - looks like it was some period in their life when they liked Oni. In the picture one is already cosplaying as Oni character Mai Hasegawa, costume of the other one has no connection to Oni.

The picture I was refering to in my previous post shows probably these two somewhere outside ( grass in the background ), posing as furies. It was shoot from under, so they
look a bit menacing. Or maybe it was just my imagination...

Tanbou

PIC: misc.php?item=376&download=0

I hope that aint a real gun she has in her hands lol.

#57 04/21/10 11:04

3llense'g

Requiem wrote:

I hope that aint a real gun she has in her hands lol.

She doesn't need a gun. smile

#58 04/22/10 00:04

deadlybeautygoddess
Website

3llense'g wrote:
3llense'g wrote:

Google can be nice:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2361903/

Several pictures of the like. Discuss!

Found this forum coz someone commented on my youtube video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWRugINb7eI

How appropriate, that was me. smile Welcome! So how much work was it to create the costume?

Thank you for the welcome everyone! ^_^

The costume was alot of work... XD The bodysuit itself wasn't too hard to make. That was pretty simple.. but all the armor pieces Konoko has... ugh... that seemed to take forever because I drew each one individually first on poster board, then I cut them out tested them on me XD! then would re-adjust if necessary... l_5bd83139f71147d28cee11dbd6d5f22f.jpg.. then I cut it in 'fun foam' or w/e it's called and painted each one... then glued the ones together that had 2 layers...

The Backpack and chest armor... was the hardest coz I had to readjust the the size of it so many times >.<.... in the end I only finished 90% of it, but thanks to a great photographer, Bruce, I got really great pix of this cosplay.
l_434529d40de842d8946492705078b7af.jpg
l_fc4111fe5e944903a64759979be81d9c.jpg

One day I'll finish it, perhaps for upcoming conventions in the Fall smile & I'll probably make the bodysuit blue & the armor out of a harder material (wonderflex) just to make it look more authentic. smile...o and definitely make the shoes too XD!

#59 04/22/10 11:04

3llense'g

And make it shiny, if you can! big_smile Then all that's left is to learn some martial arts. tongue

#60 04/22/10 14:04

Mukade

I would say it's a bit flimsy looking, but tbh, I can't complain, it's prolly the best Oni costume out there, and I couldn't do any better. You certainly must've put lots of work into this...

Maybe cardboard might go furthur for the backpack and some of the "harder" pieces, since it's tougher big_smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#61 04/24/10 21:04

deadlybeautygoddess
Website

Mukade wrote:

I would say it's a bit flimsy looking, but tbh, I can't complain, it's prolly the best Oni costume out there, and I couldn't do any better. You certainly must've put lots of work into this...

Maybe cardboard might go furthur for the backpack and some of the "harder" pieces, since it's tougher big_smile

If you're referring to the first pic I posted with the yellow poster board... That's not what I made the costume out of.... it was just a pattern I created to cut all the pieces out. I made most of the armor out of fun foam & the backpack thing out of foam board... So  it was pretty stable, it lasted through 2 cons, smile I would have made it out of something harder, plastic aka wonderflex, but I was short on time, (made most of it in 3 days) it was kinda a last minute cosplay XD!

But next time I'll definitely go all out with this one so that con-goers don't confuse me with the girl from Ghost in the Shell XD! hahaha & I definitely post pix up here when that day comes!

Thanks everyone for your comments!! ^_^

#62 04/25/10 01:04

Gumby

Which cons do you typically go to?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#63 04/25/10 02:04

3llense'g

Getting mixed up with Motoko kinda comes with the territory. big_smile We even have a mod to add her into the game.

#64 04/25/10 12:04

Mukade

Mukade wrote:

If you're referring to the first pic I posted with the yellow poster board... That's not what I made the costume out of.... it was just a pattern I created to cut all the pieces out. I made most of the armor out of fun foam & the backpack thing out of foam board... So  it was pretty stable, it lasted through 2 cons, smile I would have made it out of something harder, plastic aka wonderflex, but I was short on time, (made most of it in 3 days) it was kinda a last minute cosplay XD!

But next time I'll definitely go all out with this one so that con-goers don't confuse me with the girl from Ghost in the Shell XD! hahaha & I definitely post pix up here when that day comes!

Thanks everyone for your comments!! ^_^

Pretty good for 3 days work, looking forward to your next creation

and btw, what is this "wonderflex" you speak of? A plastic of some sort?

#65 04/25/10 12:04

Gumby

wonderbread.jpg

...oh wait...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#66 04/25/10 13:04

Mukade

not quite what I was thinking of....  big_smile

#67 04/26/10 13:04

Lithium

must buy bimbo, i mean wonder...

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#68 04/28/10 02:04

GlenP

... but I was short on time, (made most of it in 3 days) it was kinda a last minute cosplay XD!  But next time I'll definitely go all out with this one ...

Great job on the costume, and nice to have a pro-photographer capture some cool action shots, looks like a lot of fun.  Maybe you could get some friends together and add Muro or Shinatama for the next one ...  Thanks for sharing.

#69 04/29/10 04:04

Shade

3llense'g wrote:

Thank you for the welcome everyone! ^_^

The costume was alot of work... XD The bodysuit itself wasn't too hard to make. That was pretty simple.. but all the armor pieces Konoko has... ugh... that seemed to take forever because I drew each one individually first on poster board, then I cut them out tested them on me XD! then would re-adjust if necessary... l_5bd83139f71147d28cee11dbd6d5f22f.jpg.. then I cut it in 'fun foam' or w/e it's called and painted each one... then glued the ones together that had 2 layers...

The Backpack and chest armor... was the hardest coz I had to readjust the the size of it so many times >.<.... in the end I only finished 90% of it, but thanks to a great photographer, Bruce, I got really great pix of this cosplay.
l_434529d40de842d8946492705078b7af.jpg
l_fc4111fe5e944903a64759979be81d9c.jpg

One day I'll finish it, perhaps for upcoming conventions in the Fall smile & I'll probably make the bodysuit blue & the armor out of a harder material (wonderflex) just to make it look more authentic. smile...o and definitely make the shoes too XD!

Welcome to the forum! Cool cosplay stuff there. I think I've seen you on cosplay.com before. Glad to have another Oni fan here.

#70 06/04/10 15:06

TeeJay

@ deadlybeautygoddess

Nice to see you as Konoko and posting here with more info.

Please do more!

(btw, hello everyone, first post but been here lurking/visiting before smile )

#71 06/04/10 20:06

Mukade

You must be one of those bunch of "guests" I keep seeing online on the status bar of who's online smile

Glad to see youve finally emerged smile

Board footer