Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 03/28/10 15:03

TheCreature

Re: Oni Short story

Well, I've finally written it.  The ending of Holocaust is finished.  Hope you've not forgotten it.

Mai growled in frustration and flung the shade into the van, locking it in a restraining harness.  Then she faced the spire, and began her journey up it’s rough side, climbing the web like surface at a rate far beyond what a normal human could maintain.  Halfway up, however, she was forced to stop when the webbing became slick and hardened into a dark iridescent green shell.  She looked back down and all around her, searching for an alternative route.  Mai saw a shallow depression in the webbing to her left and climbed over to it.  Probing the sagging webs, she found that they seemed to have been made over a window, but the window had broken sometime later, resulting in a soft spot in the tower’s defensive shell.  Punching through it, she found that she was right, and tore a hole large enough for herself to fit through.  Leaping through into the dark room, she rolled to a crouch and paused make sure no-one had noticed her entrance.  Standing slowly, she saw that she was in an office, abandoned and desolate.  Moving through it quickly, she was nearly at the doorway when she heard a noise outside.
    Two Daodan Mutants prowled past, the deep shadows obscuring their hunched bodies until they were close, and Mai had to fight not to run from the hideous apparitions.  She waited until they were gone, and then quietly ran down the hallway and turned to climb up the stairs to the next floor.  For the next half hour she climbed the tower in this fashion, hiding from the Daodan and fighting them when she couldn’t hide.      Eventually she emerged into the top floor, where the infestation was thickest. There were holes ripped in the walls, and hardened webs coated all exposed surfaces including the furniture, which had been turned into pillars of webbing, making the large room look like an ancient cave or forest.  She crept along the surreal scene, scanning for any sign of Sarai.  Then she rounded a pillar, and came face-to-mask with Mukade.  He was seated in a throne constructed of the carapace.  Sarai hung from the ceiling next to him, half encased in a cocoon.  Her eyes widened, and she struggled against her bonds, trying to speak past the web on her mouth.  Mukade laughed at the girl’s struggles, then, when she didn’t cease her struggles, he stood and stilled her with a vicious punch to the face.  Sarai slumped unconscious.  Mai’s fury rose up inside her, and she felt her Daodan stir, ready to lend it’s strength.  Mukade turned back to Mai, impassive behind his mask.
    “Mai Hasegawa.  Again you have tracked me to the top of a tower and forced me to fight.  Only this time I see that you have embraced the Daodan’s power.  Or have you?”  He crouched and circled, moving away from the throne so he had room to move.  “You are afraid of what you could become if you opened yourself to it.  Afraid of seeing your true self revealed.  Such a pity.”
    “What are you?”  She asked, desperate to turn her attention away from the weakness Mukade had pinned down.
    “I am the Daodan.  I am the physical manifestation created by the human’s tampering with the Daodan’s power.  Your brother brought me to life in his mad experiments.  Barabas was my first incarnation, a flawed body, but it was quickly remedied when Muro gave me this one, by far the better, and then he allowed me to manifest in his own body, but you killed him before the transformation could be completed.  In another path, I would have manifested fully, had you killed Griffin and allowed yourself to become dark.  But now I have come back, fueled by the raw power generated by the masses of Daodan implantations happening every day, thanks to you and your father.”
    He laughed again and lunged at her, the whipping his hands back and pulling daggers from the spikes between his shoulders.  Mai unholstered her pistol and emptied the clip at him, but the ninja didn’t even slow.  She tossed it away and was reaching for the mercury bow when he hit her, kicking out and slashing with his daggers.  She parried quickly, but received a cut on her arm, which healed even as she watched.  Somehow, she managed to land a return kick, and he staggered back a few steps, allowing her to pull the mercury bow around and fire a shot point-blank into his chest, knocking him down.  But he rolled back, and stood, facing her.  Then he exploded into color, blue and red Daodan glow pulsing around his shimmering body.  Mai pumped her own Daodan to it’s maximum, lending energy to the mercury bow, enabling her to empty all her ammo clips in around ten seconds.  But they all deflected off Mukade’s glow, hitting the ceiling and floor instead.  Tossing the gun away, she threw herself at him, taking him by surprise and managing to knock the daggers from his hands.  The two figures whirled around each other, blows flying between them and deflected before they could land.  Finally, the black ninja got both his fists together and he delivered a punch to her chest, throwing her back against a pillar, where she slumped to the ground, her Daodan spent.  He leapt at her, grasping Mai’s throat, choking the life from her.
    “Foolish girl.  You.  Should’ve taken. The Daodan’s power.  Now you will die.”  She looked up into his mask, seeing her reflection there, struggling for breath.  Mai looked deep into her face, now wavering and changing, emerging as Konoko, a cruel smile playing across her lips.  And she reconciled herself to the girl, accepting herself.  Then her eyes rolled back, and she slumped lifeless to the ground.  Mukade stepped back, looking down at the defeated Mai.  He turned away.  And Mai exploded to life behind him, leaping up and smashing into his back, crushing him against the floor.  She stepped off, and he rolled to his feet, stunned.
    “I know who I am.”  She whispered, then stepped forward and flexed her new Imago mucles, ripping him in half.  Then she turned to Sarai, her white armor glowing, but with a hint of darkness, a wild untamed power that was halfway between good and evil, able to heal or kill with equal ease.  She blasted the cocoon away, and Sarai rolled to her feet, running to her mother and enveloping her in a tight hug.  Then they left the tower, the webs crumbling and the mutations writhing as they were returned to their original state.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#27 04/09/10 05:04

Stevinlewis

MMmmmm Nice. More please? big_smile

#28 04/09/10 14:04

TheCreature

Ok.... Umm... I was planning on that being the end, but I could probably add more.  I'll have to think about it.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#29 04/09/10 20:04

Stevinlewis

The ending was too quick O_O. Wayy too fast. But then again if u prolonged the ending *cough* *cough* ( Like Lost or something like That) Then the whole thing will be ruined. Eh well..... I just hope u havnt gave up on writing just yet tongue.

#30 04/12/10 14:04

TheCreature

I haven't given up on writing.  Not by a long shot.  That's actually part of why the ending was so quick.  I needed to work on my other stories, so i kinda rushed it.

#31 08/10/12 17:08

Samer
Website

the creature, any chance we'll get more stories like this and the hasegawa journal from you, i'm rereading all of them and thoroughly enjoying them.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer