Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/28/10 17:03

Striker

BSL Problems

I have decided to get back into scripting! big_smile

But it has been quite a while since the last time I have coded anything, so I have a few questions that need to be answered in order for me to continue my work.

My first question is which command do I use to make my character uncontrollable? For example, in the beginning of the 9th Mission (Regional State Building), Konoko walks on the street and then enters the building. At that point, she cannot be controlled, and all actions are predetermined. (chr_freeze doesn't work for some reason)

My second question is how do I make my character face a certain door during a cutscene? I wanted to make Griffin and a few of his men come out, and I need Konoko looking at the door or griffin himself.

My third question is how do I make the camera face a certain door/flag/character? Same example as the one above, but I wanted the camera to detach and come closer to the door during the cutscene.

Please help me solve these issues so I can continue working.
Thank you.

Last edited by Striker (03/28/10 17:03)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#2 03/28/10 18:03

s10k
Website

Re: BSL Problems

1- ai2_takecontrol 1, I believe.

2- ai2_lookatchar 0 Griffin.

I almost don't know to work with cutscenes.

but you can play with cm_orbit command. (do a cm_orbit around griffin for example)

More information about the commands here:
http://ssg.oni2.net/commands.htm

#3 03/31/10 21:03

Mukade

Re: BSL Problems

I made a mini cutscene earlier, might post a vid of it smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Board footer